Peyton Manning releases statement on Kobe

First: Don’t tell me he left the world a better place and you won’t get dirt (some really awful dirt) dug up.

Second: The girl had abrasions all over her vagina as per the medical record. Now, I don’t have a vagina, but I can only imagine that doesn’t happen unless something unusual is happening- like rape.

Justify it all you want, but don’t expect me to sit here and be quiet when someone says a probable rapist is making the world a better place.
Because you, or I for that matter, actually know EXACTLY what happened.

You know he admitted to it, right? He said it wasn’t consensual himself. So...yeah.
I read his statement. He did NOT admit to rape. He said he could see how she could have seen it differently.

I'm not defending what he "did", but I'm also not going to vilify him for something he wasn't convicted of either.

I read his statement. He did NOT admit to rape. He said he could see how she could have seen it differently.

I'm not defending what he "did", but I'm also not going to vilify him for something he wasn't convicted of either.

If conviction is your standard of guilt then you must have an immense amount of trust in our legal system.

The medical report showed she was bleeding and had vaginal abrasions. Not sure what else logically explains this.

Probably different if it were your daughter.

First: Don’t tell me he left the world a better place and you won’t get dirt (some really awful dirt) dug up.

Second: The girl had abrasions all over her vagina as per the medical record. Oh, Kobe also ADMITTED to it in an apology.

Justify it all you want, but don’t expect me to sit here and be quiet when someone says a probable rapist is making the world a better place.

First: I didn't say he left the world in a better place, he was a basketball star not Mother Theresa. He's Peyton Manning, a good player but certainly not a hero on par with people who have actually done major things to save people and help the world.

Second: Bruising a trauma during intercourse is common, even when consensual. If she'd had more than one partner in the day or two before the assault examination then that would account for trauma. Remember the stripper who accused the Lacrosse players had trauma consistent with rape as well, she'd been sleeping with multiple men.

Third: Bryant admitted to having a sexual encounter, he did not admit to rape. He maintains he believed the encounter was consensual but believes she did not take it that way.

His exact words: I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

This is NOT an admission of rape. This is an admission of a sexual encounter.

Again, this is similar to another incident that happened recently with Aziz Ansari who was accused of sexual assault because he was not able to "read the woman's non verbal cues" She literally said "I told him yes but my body and reactions made it clear I was not comfortable" And when the woman in both Bryan and Ansari's incidents eventually said no, both men said they stopped. In Ansari's case, even his accuser admitted that once she finally said aloud "No" that he stopped and took her home.

Third: Yes he did settle a civil case with his accuser. So did Manning, do you think Manning was truly trying to harass the woman in his own lawsuit? We all got angry when Manning's case was brought back up the day he retired too. This is not at all different.

Finally: You still have not addressed two points I made.

One: This is not the time to bring up something like this, not matter how you personally feel.

Two: He was never convicted and the evidence was unclear. In the eyes of the law he is innocent, so bringing up the matter is far from appropriate. There is reason to doubt both Kobe's version and the Woman's version of what happened that night. But according to the law in our country, it is up to the accuser to prove guilt. That cannot and never was done.

If conviction is your standard of guilt then you must have an immense amount of trust in our legal system.

The medical report showed she was bleeding and had vaginal abrasions. Not sure what else logically explains this.

Probably different if it were your daughter.
Duke Lacrosse says, “ Hello.”

Again.....I wasn’t there, nor were you. I’m also not getting into what can cause “bleeding and vaginal abrasions.” Ever see John Holmes?;)

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion
You know he admitted to it, right? He said it wasn’t consensual himself. So...yeah.
No, he didn't.. You have your opinion of his guilt/innocence and that's fine. You're entitled to it. However, if you're going to argue specifics of the case, you may want to refresh your memory so you don't look like a dumba$$...

Let the man rest in peace and his family grieve..

Disregarding the details of the case being mentioned and not even considering it, if I’m being honest I don’t see how we can say that he made the world a better place. Yes he was legendary on the basketball court and should be honored for that but I’m not sure about ‘making the world a better place’ when comparing him to the rest of everyday citizens.

Actually he was very big in his philanthropic endeavors so yes he did make it a better place in regards to every day citizens... because not all everyday citizens are giving back. Many people are saying they will change based on his death. Whether they do or don't... it's an effect. Not a Laker fan but a die hard sports fan and this hit me hard. He's 4 yrs. Younger than me.... gone to soon
He's as perfect a person as the next man - flawed.
RIP Kobe

Glad to see Peyton finally mentioned the families of the other victims. I’m tired of all the posts saying what a tragedy it is to lose Kobe and failing to acknowledge he wasn’t the only passenger on that plane. Hate to sound insensitive, but he was only a basketball player; however, every passenger onboard, Kobe included, was a parent, child, spouse, or loved one of someone, and every loss in that crash was a tragedy that deserves the same attention as the others. Glad to see Peyton acknowledging those other victims and keeping their families in his prayers. Peyton is always a class act!

I’m tired of all the posts like this.

Most everything I’ve seen acknowledged all the victims once it was known how many total died and who they were.

First: I didn't say he left the world in a better place, he was a basketball star not Mother Theresa. He's Peyton Manning, a good player but certainly not a hero on par with people who have actually done major things to save people and help the world.

Second: Bruising a trauma during intercourse is common, even when consensual. If she'd had more than one partner in the day or two before the assault examination then that would account for trauma. Remember the stripper who accused the Lacrosse players had trauma consistent with rape as well, she'd been sleeping with multiple men.

Third: Bryant admitted to having a sexual encounter, he did not admit to rape. He maintains he believed the encounter was consensual but believes she did not take it that way.

His exact words: I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

This is NOT an admission of rape. This is an admission of a sexual encounter.

Again, this is similar to another incident that happened recently with Aziz Ansari who was accused of sexual assault because he was not able to "read the woman's non verbal cues" She literally said "I told him yes but my body and reactions made it clear I was not comfortable" And when the woman in both Bryan and Ansari's incidents eventually said no, both men said they stopped. In Ansari's case, even his accuser admitted that once she finally said aloud "No" that he stopped and took her home.

Third: Yes he did settle a civil case with his accuser. So did Manning, do you think Manning was truly trying to harass the woman in his own lawsuit? We all got angry when Manning's case was brought back up the day he retired too. This is not at all different.

Finally: You still have not addressed two points I made.

One: This is not the time to bring up something like this, not matter how you personally feel.

Two: He was never convicted and the evidence was unclear. In the eyes of the law he is innocent, so bringing up the matter is far from appropriate. There is reason to doubt both Kobe's version and the Woman's version of what happened that night. But according to the law in our country, it is up to the accuser to prove guilt. That cannot and never was done.
I want to thank you for shutting Orange up. Is he D4H? I've always off and on here.

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion
Disregarding the details of the case being mentioned and not even considering it, if I’m being honest I don’t see how we can say that he made the world a better place. Yes he was legendary on the basketball court and should be honored for that but I’m not sure about ‘making the world a better place’ when comparing him to the rest of everyday citizens.
I never one time said anything about Kobe ‘making the world a better place.’

First of all: now is most certainly not the time to bring that up

Second: we have this little thing in our country called Due Process which means “innocent until proven guilty” the evidence in that case was pretty spotty. The only real thing we know is that he had sexual relations with her (yes he originally denied it, but as a married man that isn’t proof of guilt of rape). The rest of the evidence was very inconsistent, DNA from another man was found in her underwear in addition to Bryant’s (her explanation was she grabbed dirty underwear the morning of the exam, as a woman I find that explanation dubious at best), the accuser also has a history of mental illness (I did not agree with the press releasing her records publicly, that was wrong but her history is relevant to the case) finally when push came to shove, she refused to testify.

Does this mean she’s a liar? No, but it does provide substantial reasonable doubt.

thank you

sincerely,

harvey weinstein

thank you

sincerely,

harvey weinstein

You want to compare this to Harvey Weinstein? We sure can.
Harvey has dozens of accusers come forward with multiple witnesses to back up their statements.
Granted even then there have been problems with witness tampering.
But if you cannot see the difference between one accuser that has inconsistent evidence and two witnesses that contradict each other and a case with dozens of accusations with multiple witnesses that back up their accounts. Then frankly you need serious help.
You’re going to an extreme example to discredit me but without actually being able to discredit one of the points I have made. That goes to show you have absolutely no answer and are simply trying to attack me instead of trying to prove me wrong. Suggests that perhaps I’m not the one who is wrong here.

VN Store

Back