Disappointing in Uros so far. Though he would be a better force in the paint.

So he should have a perfect skill set just because he is tall? He didn’t grow up here, he is from Serbia. He played at most a couple of years of high school ball in the states. They don’t have travel teams in Serbia like the do here. There are 7 footers that can’t walk and chew chewing gum. If you are confused about where you should be, it is very easy to get boxed out. You seem to forget he was guarding a high level person who was also a seven footer, not a 5’9” guard.
. You seem to forget what you posted 10 mins ago :)Your post makes it appear I was discussing one game/ player. I am not. You should check yourself.

. You seem to forget what you posted 10 mins ago :)Your post makes it appear I was discussing one game/ player. I am not. You should check yourself.

One thing you must address to
Validate your point about Barnes players taking time to develop is just how many players throughout the country don’t take time???

What % make the instant impact seem to be suggesting Barnes players should be???

My guess is a very very small % of players Have the impact you are suggesting. Grant williams did from the start by the way so Barnes players are likely on par with the national average

He's only played in one game for UT? Yeah, I suppose I'm misremembering.

You're the one who said that every vol player Barnes has brought in needs 2.5 to 3 years to develop. That statement is ridiculous. Uros sat out all last season and has barely played this year. Give him some more time.

Hahaha, panties got wadded up in here quickly. The point is, most D1 players have been playing bb since they were in diapers. High level travel ball tournaments. They attend coaching academy's, etc, etc. To see a 7 foot guy who looks fairly athletic. A guy thats been in two college programs for close to two years look lost on the floor is surprising to me. As was mentioned, he doesn't have to look like one of Cal's one and done NBA guys. But at 7 foot he should know how to grab 5-6 rebounds and score a few bunnies. I'll now sit back and let you guys in here explain why that takes a 7 footer another year to figure out.
How many total minutes do you think he's played so far? He's also not going up against Sister Jean. Patience hoss.

Players are always overvalued before they step on the court. Springer will be an All American to the fanbase till the first game and then we will all be reminded he is just a Freshman.

Reactions: vavolfan6
Yes...and he was going against a top 3 big man in the nation Saturday. Very few if any who could have contained Kansas big guy!

Yes...and he was going against a top 3 big man in the nation Saturday. Very few if any who could have contained Kansas big guy!

If he would have pushed in the back a couple of times and sent the big man into the cheap seats I would have been impressed. Watching flatfooted while he tries to pull the goal down on you was not impressive.

Here's a thought, why does it take two and half/three years for every player Barnes signs to become an efficient player?

Because he selects those type of players, it's called "I just need a few more years, wait till XX and YY and ZZ come along."

Because he selects those type of players, it's called "I just need a few more years, wait till XX and YY and ZZ come along."
Tennessee had more wins in a 2 year period in years 3 and 4 of Barnes' tenure than any other Tennessee men's basketball coach in the history of the program. Plus, he has 2 5* and a high 4* coming in next year. But, you keep believing that he needs 2+ years with every player he brings in.

CRB takes travel ball players and makes them real BB players. He doesnt play the NBA game like the bluebloods....he wants complete players. Not just guys that can run jump and dunk..and be volume scorers

If he would have pushed in the back a couple of times and sent the big man into the cheap seats I would have been impressed. Watching flatfooted while he tries to pull the goal down on you was not impressive.
Exactly my point. No help side post defense contributed greatly to that as well. And conversely I thought Fulk made very similar quick moves in the post and zero help side made the spin move look beautiful. Defenses will Probably start scheming for that now but with John being a lefty it may be a little more difficult.

I realize he has just started playing and it takes time but with his height and he seems to move well, he should be getting more rebounds and put-back points. He was basically invisible yesterday. A 7 ft player should never be invisible.
I'm not impressed with your ,"post" game... pun intended.

I realize he has just started playing and it takes time but with his height and he seems to move well, he should be getting more rebounds and put-back points. He was basically invisible yesterday. A 7 ft player should never be invisible.
It takes awhile for 7 footers to make it, most never make it. He's just not very athletic. I think he'll be a 10-8 guy down the way a bit.

He has a long way to go to be an effective player. Right now they are trying to use him for a few minutes to give a starter a rest. Even though he is 7'1" he can't guard anybody and looks lost on defense. He looks a little better on offense has a nice shot when they can get it to him.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Uros didn't even play very much yesterday. As soon as he whiffed on trying to jump a few passes from Azibuke, Barnes benched him the rest of the game.

Aside from that, our expectations were overblown considering the amount of college basketball experience he has. It was always going to require some time for him to adjust to real live action college basketball. He has made a few decent shots, but his positioning needs to be improved. As with any player in our program I trust they will get better in the long run under Barnes.

I have confidence that Coach Barnes will develop his game in time. There’s no reason to think otherwise. I know we’d like him to be farther along, but it is what it is.

I agree he has not added too much so far but let’s give him time. While a different type of player, Pons was not a lot of help his first year here. At a minimum this year he will give us another big body.

You got to remember guys, his only college game experience is what he has had recently. He didn't play in a real game at Arizona State. He's like a true freshman right out of High School. Don't expect much out of him this year. Pember has more game experience.

VN Store

Back