Why Not?

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
I’d like to see it happen. It might even prove to be a recruiting tool. Our coaches initiating a militarized team Platoon Orange. The defensive men upfront called frontiermen. Their mission being to collapse the pocket or tear down the wall and checkmate the king(QB) or force him to retreat and lose yardage.
The linebackers referred to as Commando Orange, who ambush fleeing kings and knights escaping through the wall. And the safeties and cornerbacks are the Orange Patrols who neutralize snipers, artillery spotters, and assassins behind our lines. Yeah, I know we have this but why not name the units. Give them a sense of being mission orientated with the attitude to match? Maybe even have the coaches to address and coach the groups as if they were military. Instilling the mission-focused attitude in them.

Perhaps too, when we recruit, recruit to above-named squads and units, signaling the kind of attitudes we want then to come in with and/or develop. I think most players like to swagger a badass attitude and we’d be encouraging that and attracting gung ho players. On the other hand, this might be my peyote self-medication talking.

Attachments

• VolunteersCharge1.jpg
    VolunteersCharge1.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I don’t want the Vols emulating Kellen Winslow and the Hurricanes.

vqhtpme9lk85.gif

I’m a soldier.

I’d like to see it happen. It might even prove to be a recruiting tool. Our coaches initiating a militarized team Platoon Orange. The defensive men upfront called frontiermen. Their mission being to collapse the pocket or tear down the wall and checkmate the king(QB) or force him to retreat and lose yardage.
The linebackers referred to as Commando Orange, who ambush fleeing kings and knights escaping through the wall. And the safeties and cornerbacks are the Orange Patrols who neutralize snippers, artillery spotters, and assassins behind our lines. Yeah, I know we have this but why not name the units. Give them a sense of being mission orientated with the attitude to match? Maybe even have the coaches to address and coach the groups as if they were military. Instilling the mission-focused attitude in them.

Perhaps too, when we recruit, recruit to above-named squads and units, signaling the kind of attitudes we want then to come in with and/or develop. I think most players like to swagger a badass attitude and we’d be encouraging that and attracting gung ho players. On the other hand, this might be my peyote self-medication talking.
Is this some kind of psychological test to see who answers with "what the hell are you talking about?"

The linebackers referred to as Commando Orange, who ambush fleeing kings and knights escaping through the wall. And the safeties and cornerbacks are the Orange Patrols who neutralize snippers, artillery spotters, and assassins behind our lines. Yeah, I know we have this but why not name the units. Give them a sense of being mission orientated with the attitude to match? Maybe even have the coaches to address and coach the groups as if they were military. Instilling the mission-focused attitude in them.

Ron-Swanson-No.gif

19x1xl.jpg

Is this some kind of psychological test to see who answers with "what the hell are you talking about?"

Doyle, I see you are still following me around on threads for the sole purpose of hunting for an argument and just be insulting. Why have you not put me on ignore as I have asked you to more than once? Surely there's more to your life than trying to haunt me. Try as you might, Doyle, you're not a ghost so your haunting simply doesn't work. So I'll do what I do in other threads, let the forum users know what you are and then ignore further comments on the thread from you.

😹😹😹😹

Thanks for the laugh this morning! What a character, that guy.

I guess by “soldier,” he didn’t mean “rapist?”

You Never Knew Kellen Winslow Jr. | Sports Illustrated

While war and football have strategic and tactical parallels, I am leery of the analogy getting attenuated by common bullies.

Me either and I'm pretty sure you know that's not what I meant. Still, with peyote, sometimes I'm not sure what I meant myself.

You forgot to take your medication this morning huh?

I consider my peyote as medication so I'm good. Or bad. Or both. Are you going to eat those Elavil pills? The peyote is wearing off and my offseason depression is setting in again. I'm starting to see aliens trying to make the power T with round-shaped crop circles again.

VN Store

Back