The Impeachment Thread

As soon as Trump was elected, many (myself included) knew it would inevitably end with some type of resignation or impeachment.... because Trump would allow it to be no other way.
It's like if you know someone who constantly gets drunk off his a$$ and then gets behind the wheel. You know it's virtually inevitable that the person will end up with a DUI or worse, involved in an accident; unless of course, they change their ways.
Trump consistently made it abundantly clear that not only was he not going to change his ways, he was going to double down.
The Democrats have been yelling impeachment before he even took office.

Reactions: AM64
Is it illegal to have an Ambassador surveilled? I would find it hard to believe that it is.
They can. Ambassadors work at the pleasure of the President.
There are no consequences for firing an Ambassador.
See my post above.

He can't. He can not say you are ambassador as long as you give me $100,000 a month, and then fire the person because the payments stopped.

Oh here we go again with the wild "what ifs".

Your right Luther a POTUS can't blackmail an ambassador.

Oh here we go again with the wild "what ifs".

Your right Luther a POTUS can't blackmail an ambassador.

LOL

But what if he demanded the ambassador wash Air Force 1 with a toothbrush as part of her official duties and she refused so he fired her. That probably wouldn't be okay either.

Reactions: hog88
He can't. He can not say you are ambassador as long as you give me $100,000 a month, and then fire the person because the payments stopped.

They serve under him at his discretion. Let me give an everyday example ... Me : Boss you suck and I told our clients you suck , Boss : you are fired . ME : OH damn , I shouldn’t have said that ...while cleaning out my desk .

See my post above.
And did that ever happen, that you know of? Did that happen in the Ukraine example? Why didn't you go even more extreme and say if you don't murder "X" you're fired? Come on luther, I have higher expectations of you than for you to resort to this kind of nonsense.

He pretty much can replace any ambassador, he doesn't need a reason. They serve at his pleasure.

LOL

But what if he demanded the ambassador wash Air Force 1 with a toothbrush as part of her official duties and she refused so he fired her. That probably wouldn't be okay either.
Now you're getting the picture. Reasonable and rational limits.
That's all I'm saying.
If it appears unreasonable and irrational, there will be appropriate consequences.

Your right Luther. I should know better when conversing with you.

He the sky is blue and water is wet.
It's you that asserted that a recording of Trump demanding that an ambassador be fired could in no way have any negative consequences. That's just not true, nor should it be.

Now you're getting the picture. Reasonable and rational limits.
That's all I'm saying.
If it appears unreasonable and irrational, there will be appropriate consequences.
Imagine if everyone that posts on the VN political forum is a member of your cabinet and you're the president, what would you do? Who would you fire first?

'Take her out': New recording appears to feature an angry Trump telling associates to 'get rid of' the US's ambassador to Ukraine for bad-mouthing him

So will ABC give Schiff the recording of Trump saying to "Take her out" on the evening break or will we hear about all this while the Republicans vote that we don't need witnesses?

Probably more like take her out for a good dinner, get her laid, and for god's sake do something about her hair. I'm thinking about the Good Morning, Vietnam line "You are in more dire need of a blow job than any white man in history." Such a fitting comparison between the idiot first shirt and the ambassador.

It's you that asserted that a recording of Trump demanding that an ambassador be fired could in no way have any negative consequences. That's just not true, nor should it be.

He did not fire her for refusing to pay him or blow him or anything else that would be covered by the discrimination or harassment rules/laws. So he's all good.

Is it illegal to have an Ambassador surveilled? I would find it hard to believe that it is.
They can. Ambassadors work at the pleasure of the President.
There are no consequences for firing an Ambassador.

True IMO. They are not career employees.

And did that ever happen, that you know of? Did that happen in the Ukraine example? Why didn't you go even more extreme and say if you don't murder "X" you're fired? Come on luther, I have higher expectations of you than for you to resort to this kind of nonsense.

He pretty much can replace any ambassador, he doesn't need a reason. They serve at his pleasure.
You guys are so black and white - things are mostly grey. (continuums)
If he fires her because she insists on carrying out the "official" US foreign policy rather than the unofficial back channel policy being pushed by a lunatic personal lawyer, there maybe be appropriate consequences.

Perjury in a blow job trial does not approach the important effects of withholding military aid for a desperate country at war with invading Russian forces. That deal was so crooked that not even AG Barr would get involved. John Bolton would not get involved. He called it a "drug deal" and directed his subordinates to report it to the lawyer. Multiple former prosecutors said Trump misused Congressionally mandated aid as a bribe to get Ukraine to make an announcement for the purpose of helping his political campaign. Trump's own ambassador testified that the deal was a quid pro quo. That means bribery.
Your opinion goes against the written records of our founding fathers and contemporaries who have made our Constitution their life's study. I think you are just being lazily and dishonestly partisan.
LMAO Lazily and dishonestly partisan? I believe you're the one advocating for selective law enforcement based on partisanship. Perjury is still perjury, even if it occurs in a "blow job trial".

As far as what has been "testified" to, it's opinion. Not one witness has said they were specifically told by Trump a QPQ was in play. They "believe" that is what was happening. What one "believes" does not rise to the level of actual proof. And, IMO, the biggest hurdle to the case should be the fact the person who was supposedly being extorted, Zelinsky, says it didn't happen.

It amazes me the things other Presidents have done, and no one bats an eyebrow. But Trump does something that I agree is highly questionable, but Dems scream "impeach!". The Clinton administration was found to improperly possess hundreds of FBI files on Republicans and nothing. You can't tell me that wasn't about having a political advantage. And you fond nothing suspicious about Biden's unqualified son getting a job in the Ukraine while he's the sitting VP, or that Biden took part in dealing with the corruption? Hello conflict of interest.

What Trump did is questionable. It possibly deserves to be censured. It doesn't rise to the level of impeachment.

VN Store

Back