'20 JUCO SDE DeAndre Butler (Auburn commit)

Everyone keeps saying this and I don't think it matters as much as some believes it does. I'm not being a neg Nancy but where has it helped us?

It helps the JG fan club when they need something to fall back on in a discussion

You're putting words into my mouth. What I'm getting at is last year we went 4-8 and had big recruiting weekends where we lost. I heard Hubbs and others like him continuously say while wins and losses does matter recruits aren't usually persuaded by one game. They are looking to see if we are showing improvement, game day atmosphere, facilities, the staff itself, etc.

I'm all about the win last year and not trying to minimize it, but I don't think the win itself has that much influence on a recruits final decision.
Ummm?

You're putting words into my mouth. What I'm getting at is last year we went 4-8 and had big recruiting weekends where we lost. I heard Hubbs and others like him continuously say while wins and losses does matter recruits aren't usually persuaded by one game. They are looking to see if we are showing improvement, game day atmosphere, facilities, the staff itself, etc.

I'm all about the win last year and not trying to minimize it, but I don't think the win itself has that much influence on a recruits final decision.
I had just seen where you asked why everyone kept bringing up that "we beat Auburn last year". My reply was "because it is more important to win the game than win recruiting battles."

I don't think anyone thinks that just because we beat Auburn last year means that we will win all the recruiting battles against them. Too many other factors involved especially with $$Auburn$$. You could turn that same question around and ask why Vandy didn't win more recruiting battles against us the past few years since they beat us 3 years in a row.

We went 5-7 last year.

FOUR-STAR DL DEANDRE BUTLER
Butler, a freshman at Independence (Kan.) Community College, received an offer from Tennessee on Thursday.

The 6-foot-5, 280-pound Butler played at Newton High School in Covington, Ga., before enrolling at Independence, and he will have three remaining seasons of eligibility at the school of his choice after sitting out the 2018 season. He's scheduled to take an official visit to Auburn this weekend, and the Tigers now have received five of the six predictions for Butler on the 247Sports Crystal Ball. Butler will have two remaining official visits after this weekend, and while he's currently set to travel to Oregon next weekend, his visit plans might not be set in stone after the Vols and Ole Miss both extended offers to him on Thursday
- Callahan

So we were behind the 8 ball on him already? Doesn't really help your argument.

giphy.gif

Troll better, son.

I know they aren't fool proof, but I don't believe that the Volquest podcast (that dropped today) even mentioned this guy.

They mentioned Evans, Beckwith, some receiver options, and the Spencer prospect, but that was it for the class of 2020.

I know they aren't fool proof, but I don't believe that the Volquest podcast (that dropped today) even mentioned this guy.

They mentioned Evans, Beckwith, some receiver options, and the Spencer prospect, but that was it for the class of 2020.
no traction here, they are trying to get him to visit here vs. going to Oregon next week. i think he's at Auburn this weekend, and all indications are he's going there.

probably not a lot to report on here....until there is.

Reactions: volfaninpa
no traction here, they are trying to get him to visit here vs. going to Oregon next week. i think he's at Auburn this weekend, and all indications are he's going there.

probably not a lot to report on here....until there is.

I agree.

VN Store

Back