'20 GA WR Ladd McConkey

IMO, he can help right away. There are very, very few incoming Fr who can run routes and create space like he did in those videos.
Needs to get bigger, SEC LB's and Safety's would kill this kid playing between the hashes

Needs to get bigger, SEC LB's and Safety's would kill this kid playing between the hashes
How big do you think he is? I've seen 180. I've seen less.

If he's 5'11, 180 then he'll be 190-195 by the time the season starts. Gray was running between the tackles smaller than that.

If he's more in the 160 range then it will take more time.

How big do you think he is? I've seen 180. I've seen less.

If he's 5'11, 180 then he'll be 190-195 by the time the season starts. Gray was running between the tackles smaller than that.

If he's more in the 160 range then it will take more time.
I've seen 168 and that looks about right, no way he's 180 not even close

Reactions: scvolfan7
You've seen him in person? He doesn't look that small in those camp videos at all.
I've seen 168 on some sites and if you think he looks 180 in those camp vids, you're crazy hell you can check his instagram, kid is neither 6'0 nor is he 180

5'11 and 179 IMO.
I'm thinking more like 5'10 and 170, Idk why dude is taking such offense, I said I thought he could play just needs a year to get bigger before he can truly contribute cause kid is definitely a slot and he'd get crushed playing between hashes in the SEC, hell JJ took a good lick or two that rattled him a little this year and he's a beast

I'm thinking more like 5'10 and 170, Idk why dude is taking such offense, I said I thought he could play just needs a year to get bigger before he can truly contribute cause kid is definitely a slot and he'd get crushed playing between hashes in the SEC, hell JJ took a good lick or two that rattled him a little this year and he's a beast
Ha, we're talking the difference between an inch or 2 and 10 pounds. Very silly.

No offense taken. I just think from those camp videos he looks every bit of 180.

I've seen 168 on some sites and if you think he looks 180 in those camp vids, you're crazy hell you can check his instagram, kid is neither 6'0 nor is he 180
So you aren't the one trying to go "12 rounds" with a BS response like this? I wasn't arguing. Just having a conversation. Hardly important enough to cal someone "crazy" over. Yeah. He looks that big in those videos if 5'11" is accurate.

Reactions: igotworms
So you aren't the one trying to go "12 rounds" with a BS response like this? I wasn't arguing. Just having a conversation. Hardly important enough to cal someone "crazy" over. Yeah. He looks that big in those videos if 5'11" is accurate.
Agree to disagree, I'm done talking about it

If he has the ability to get open I care less about his size. It becomes a catch me if you can game after that. We have had plenty of smaller slot receivers in the past.

WR LADD MCCONKEY
McConkey has watched his stock rise significantly over the past few weeks coming off his strong senior season at North Murray High School in Chatsworth, Ga. The 6-foot, 175-pound McConkey received offers from Georgia on Monday and Vanderbilt on Tuesday, and while Tennessee has yet to extend an offer to him, Vols offensive coordinator Jim Chaneyvisited him this week. Tennessee is hoping to host McConkey on a visit this weekend. He said he grew up in a Tennessee household and his grandfather was a UT fan. McConkey played wide receiver before moving to quarterback during his senior season, when he accounted for more than 3,000 all-purpose yards, including 924 rushing yards. He also had four interceptions, three of which he returned for touchdowns, and scored on two punt returns and one kick return. McConkey was timed at 4.56 seconds in the 40-yard dash in May at The Opening Regional in Murfreesboro, Tenn., where he also posted a 36.6-inch vertical jump.

- Callahan

VN Store

Back