'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

This kid and the family are absolute garbage. Can’t remember anything like this. Will be interesting to see if NCAA take any interest on either side (since we were in very constant communication with the kid). Last week we had actually arranged everything for his visit etc...total head scratcher. But we move ahead! More fish out there.

He has proven to be a punk. A friend of mine's son played against him this year and had told me that we DID NOT want him. Might be the reason the Ga team went after his knee. Here's betting he don't last long.

This kid and the family are absolute garbage. Can’t remember anything like this. Will be interesting to see if NCAA take any interest on either side (since we were in very constant communication with the kid). Last week we had actually arranged everything for his visit etc...total head scratcher. But we move ahead! More fish out there.
Thank you! And keep fishing! GBO

The realistic thing here is Hardy skates away clean and a new set of rules are made that makes it impossible to deceive. It has to be notarized if it isnt already and a kid can be disqualified and a scholly lost for that cycle.

We think so. Our staff had ZERO idea.
Did we in fact check the database and if so why is the signing being backdated in the database?

We know for sure Hardy at the very least violated some rules. He had to declare to other coaches that he was signed. Question is whether Auburn violated any rules.

Tennessee will self report but going by precedence of other cases should be fine.

The realistic thing here is Hardy skates away clean and a new set of rules are made that makes it impossible to deceive. It has to be notarized if it isnt already and a kid can be disqualified and a scholly lost for that cycle.
He’s not skating away clean. It’s one thing to throw a hat, and it’s another to do something like this. Character is a hard thing to build back up.

Auburn was part of it too. They knew we continued to contact and recruit the kid after he signed. Kid outright lied repeatedly. He even denied he had signed after Price called him out and published confirmation. He still lied. Auburn finally posts confirmation, a month late.
Classless unethical behavior by Hardy, his family and by Auburn. GTFO of Tennessee punk.
McCallie and it’s coaches oughta be ashamed......

Why is this thread still in the front page? Let's let it die and get in the threads of players who actually wanna come here and are coming here, not just a headcase who was looking for attention.

Why is this thread still in the front page? Let's let it die and get in the threads of players who actually wanna come here and are coming here, not just a headcase who was looking for attention.
Because this players actions may have repercussions for Tennessee.

Exactly. There are people who may read the story that KNS reprinted and believe that’s the truth. Not everyone will read this thread, but I personally know of 3-4 people who were told THE REAL STORY by someone who did read this thread. Word needs to get out.

Exactly. There are people who may read the story that KNS reprinted and believe that’s the truth. Not everyone will read this thread, but I personally know of 3-4 people who were told THE REAL STORY by someone who did read this thread. Word needs to get out.

Guess I've missed something, I didn't read the whole thread just know he lied to the coaches not once not twice but multiple times and led on the staff where they spent time n money to recruit him after he was already signed. So I wasn't aware that we may face repercussion from it. Seems to me like Auburn and the recruit would be the ones to face anything if it was to be dealt with.

Auburn was part of it too. They knew we continued to contact and recruit the kid after he signed. Kid outright lied repeatedly. He even denied he had signed after Price called him out and published confirmation. He still lied. Auburn finally posts confirmation, a month late.
Classless unethical behavior by Hardy, his family and by Auburn. GTFO of Tennessee punk.
McCallie and it’s coaches oughta be ashamed......
That’s something that hasn’t been touched on. McCallie would have known, so why weren’t their coaches letting TN know? I’m guessing someone got paid or promised a position on the staff at Auburn. McCallie needs to be put on blast for this as well.

I think this is mostly on Hardy. Just guessing here, but Auburn was probably told to keep the commitment silent so he could announce later. Auburn probably didn’t want to betray the wishes of the Hardy family, so it was on him to share the truth to teams pursuing him. That did not happen and Hardy kept creating more of a narrative that he didn’t sign yet. Auburn was probably thinking (like we are right now): “What! Kid, quit lying. We have your signed LOI with us.”

However, the delayed posting of him signing the LOI in the database is pretty sketchy on Auburn.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I think this is mostly on Hardy. Just guessing here, but Auburn was probably told to keep the commitment silent so he could announce later. Auburn probably didn’t want to betray the wishes of the Hardy family, so it was on him to share the truth to teams pursuing him. That did not happen and Hardy kept creating more of a narrative that he didn’t sign yet. Auburn was probably thinking (like we are right now): “What! Kid, quit lying. We have your signed LOI with us.”

However, the delayed posting of him signing the LOI in the database is pretty sketchy on Auburn.
When questioning if Auburn has done something shady in recruiting always assume they did. You'll be right 95% of the time.

VN Store

Back