'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

Jayson Swain apparently had a lot to say about the Jay Hardy situation. Anyone know what he said?
hardy and his parents lied to UT about having signed. The database when checked on Dec 20th at the deadline, did not show Hardy as having signed his LOI. It was not in there. So the coaches assumed he was telling the truth when he said he hadn't signed. In reality the database now shows he signed his LOI on the Dec 18th. Doesn't explain why his LOI didn't show up in the DB originally though.

Cam's was more like $140k.

Some said $140k others said $160k but the first number I heard was $140k and that came from someone on MSU's side before the rumors were being reported, so I'm going with the $140k number.
I had heard $250k from the Auburn side.

True journalism died long ago in favor of sensationalism and trying to influence opinion. You rarely see a story any more that simply presents the facts. Media treats the public as sheep, trying to lead them to the opinion they want you to have.

True journalism died long ago in favor of sensationalism and trying to influence opinion. You rarely see a story any more that simply presents the facts. Media treats the public as sheep, trying to lead them to the opinion they want you to have.

Agreed.

Reactions: SmokinBob
This kid and the family are absolute garbage. Can’t remember anything like this. Will be interesting to see if NCAA take any interest on either side (since we were in very constant communication with the kid). Last week we had actually arranged everything for his visit etc...total head scratcher. But we move ahead! More fish out there.

This kid and the family are absolute garbage. Can’t remember anything like this. Will be interesting to see if NCAA take any interest on either side (since we were in very constant communication with the kid). Last week we had actually arranged everything for his visit etc...total head scratcher. But we move ahead! More fish out there.
The fault lays on Auburn and Hardy correct?

Thank you for the explanation and for everything you do! Any chance you could give us a behind the scenes on what happened with Washington?

Amen. Karma hopefully wreaks havoc on them all.

I wonder if Kevin Cooper is estranged from his family. Seems strange his mom would carry out this charade against his Alma mater. I'm guessing he and Jay have the same mother.

I don't see this going anywhere with the NCAA. There is too much evidence of the kid saying he didn't sign. DW announced that he signed just didn't indicate where publicly. Hardy said he didn't sign on his Twitter just moments before Auburn released a statement that he did, indeed sign. The story also is that his name initially wasn't in the database because something was wrong with his paperwork and he had to redo his NLI. Tennessee was never sneaky about his recruitment. We were very open and publicly still recruiting him, which would also indicate that there was no evidence of him signing. He also told every recruiting service (and they did articles) that he did not sign. Everyone one is making this a big Vol thing, but I would bet that multiple schools made contact post ESP.

I don't see this going anywhere with the NCAA. There is too much evidence of the kid saying he didn't sign. DW announced that he signed just didn't indicate where publicly. Hardy said he didn't sign on his Twitter just moments before Auburn released a statement that he did, indeed sign. The story also is that his name initially wasn't in the database because something was wrong with his paperwork and he had to redo his NLI. Tennessee was never sneaky about his recruitment. We were very open and publicly still recruiting him, which would also indicate that there was no evidence of him signing. He also told every recruiting service (and they did articles) that he did not sign. Everyone one is making this a big Vol thing, but I would bet that multiple schools made contact post ESP.

You make a lot of sense...

which is why the NCAA will probably throw the book at us.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
hardy and his parents lied to UT about having signed. The database when checked on Dec 20th at the deadline, did not show Hardy as having signed his LOI. It was not in there. So the coaches assumed he was telling the truth when he said he hadn't signed. In reality the database now shows he signed his LOI on the Dec 18th. Doesn't explain why his LOI didn't show up in the DB originally though.
Does anyone know when it was posted to the database?

I think most are suggesting the NCAA should be looking at Auburn and Hardy himself. Auburn knew other schools were talking to him, yet never said they had a signed NLI. Why? Hardy himself denied that he had signed. Why? And this wasn't about having a "moment". People whose careers depend on following clearly defined rules of contact could have been put at risk. That goes beyond any "moment". Auburn and Hardy were clearly and intentionally deceiving people.

I think most are suggesting the NCAA should be looking at Auburn and Hardy himself. Auburn knew other schools were talking to him, yet never said they had a signed NLI. Why? Hardy himself denied that he had signed. Why? And this wasn't about having a "moment". People whose careers depend on following clearly defined rules of contact could have been put at risk. That goes beyond any "moment". Auburn and Hardy were clearly and intentionally deceiving people.
Here is what I think should happen even if I’m dreaming. The NLI between Auburn and Hardy is canceled by the NCAA.Hardy can sign another NLI on NSD but could only be a PWO at Auburn the first year. Wishful thinking on my part but Hardy or Auburn or both would be penalized for their shenanigans and it would be a deterrent for it ever happening again.
In the likely event this could happen and Hardy came back begging to Tn. , we could tell him to GTFO.

Last edited:
Any possible public reprimands against Hardy and/or Auburn by the NCAA in your opinion.

VN Store

Back