If you stop believin'...

The Titans aren’t from here. And surely any self respecting Vol fan wouldn’t cheer for a Alabama player. But you may be the exception. Lol. We will have to agree to disagree. Pruitt is the head coach of the University of Tennessee. Henry is the running back of the Oilers.

Wouldn’t cheer for a bama player? You mean like ol number 27 here? 😂
ACB09EEF-5ADA-4F2D-9B04-79A19B94D8F0.jpeg

Reactions: CrybabyVol
Are you also a Memphis Grizzlies fan because "they are a Tennessee team?"

If your most hated MLB team relocated to Nashville and became the Sounds (or some other stupid nickname) would you suddenly become a fan?

That's the point
Not a bb fan so cant answer on the grizzlies.

And honeslty arent a pro anything fan.

But yes, if a pro team moves here than im probably gonna be at minimum a bandeagon fan. Much like i am with the Titans.

Why are you a UT fan of not for geography?

Wouldn’t cheer for a bama player? You mean like ol number 27 here? 😂
View attachment 255367
He is the head coach of the University of Tennessee. The only team I follow. A University that originated here. He represents my team. So yes.. I do pull for the head coach of the the University of Tennessee. Lol. If it involves the University of Tennessee I pull for it. Now....how much do you love the Oilers and do you have a Derek Henry jersey? Are you sad today? 😂

He is the head coach of the University of Tennessee. The only team I follow. A University that originated here. He represents my team. So yes.. I do pull for the head coach of the the University of Tennessee. Lol. If it involves the University of Tennessee I pull for it. Now....how much do you love the Oilers and do you have a Derek Henry jersey? Are you sad today? 😂

Ahh so you do pull for bama players then? That’s what I thought, thanks junior! 🤡🤡🤡

Reactions: CrybabyVol

Because (1)I posted about religion or (2)because you think I am butchering the text by connecting it to what 99gator wrote?

If 1, apologies. Did not mean to upset you. Feel free to ignore. Mostly hoping it would make people who are so inclined think about the meaning of faith.

If 2, I didn't go into full blown detail as to why I made that connection but am perfectly willing.

Because (1)I posted about religion or (2)because you think I am butchering the text by connecting it to what 99gator wrote?

If 1, apologies. Did not mean to upset you. Feel free to ignore. Mostly hoping it would make people who are so inclined think about the meaning of faith.

If 2, I didn't go into full blown detail as to why I made that connection but am perfectly willing.
3. I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

I laugh every time one of you losers can't bring yourself to say Tennessee Titans and call them the Oilers. They've been here for 20+ years and are Tennessee's Titans. Tennessee's own NFL team with lots of Vol fans glad to pull for them. Does that hurt? Hahahaha!

Reactions: NCFisher
...you're no longer a fan.

I'm watching the AFC championship pre-game show, and one fan said that. He said, "If you stop believin', you're no longer a fan." Just like that.

I've been searching for years for those words. Awesome. Absolutely genius codification of the heart of fandom as I see it. Faith. Loyalty. Commitment.

Look, i know that definition doesn't work for all of us. It's kind of anathema to many nega-vol fans (who are, yes, definitely still Vols fans). They want it to be proven for them. They come from a position of doubt, rather than faith, and challenge the program to convince them.

Okay.

For me, though, this fella's words today were it. Gave me goosebumps.

Go Vols!

For those of us who held the line for the past twenty years, our time is coming.

Shakespeare said it best:

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I laugh every time one of you losers can't bring yourself to say Tennessee Titans and call them the Oilers. They've been here for 20+ years and are Tennessee's Titans. Tennessee's own NFL team with lots of Vol fans glad to pull for them. Does that hurt? Hahahaha!
Why would it hurt? Titan fans are bandwagon suckers according to bud Adams. And last I checked this was a UT board

Why would it hurt? Titan fans are bandwagon suckers according to bud Adams. And last I checked this was a UT board

Bandwagon fan??? On a UT board? Are you kidding me? Lol!! They're the Tennessee Titans bro and I get you hate them but they're still Tennessee and like I said lots of UT fans pull for them. Tennessee Titans for 20+ years now. Get used to it. Hahaha

Reactions: NCFisher
I'm not trying to be snarky or flippant to the OP, but this absolutely makes no sense. If you "don't stop believin'" then we should still have Dooley or Jones. I really don't see a lot of "negavols" around this board. There are people like myself who simply say that CJP and his staff have not proven anything yet. If you believe he and his staff have proven themselves, then good on you for your contentment. But I haven't seen one poster (and perhaps I've missed it) say CJP should be fired, he should mix up his staff, he has no chance, etc.

CJP has made some pretty big mistakes since he's been here. Off the rip, he criticized our fans for the Spring Game attendance. That really alienated me. We have had a dismal decade, but our fans have been fabulous. I also think that he was preparing for UF before Georgia State, which is just bad. Lastly I'll throw one out that hasn't happened yet but could. He kicked Banks off the team. If Banks comes back, it's not a great stigma/look. As I've said before, it won't cause controversy. It will be forgotten by the time toe meets leather, but it's something that reeks.

CJP has also done some very encouraging things. To'oto'o's signing last year was incredible. He's going to anchor our team for at least two years. He spurned the evil empire. Purloining Chaney from Georgia when Chaney had a returning junior in Fromm and studs at every position was just an absolute coup. The recruiting class this year isn't perfect, but if we win nine regular season games next year like we should, then it's a spring board to an elite '21 class.

A lot of posters are going wild over the back half of our schedule. This enthusiasm from our fan base for the second-half of the season is played out like an old VHS. It's our version of UGA's "next year" redundancy. Mississippi State was a shell of a team it was in '18. Kentucky lost almost every important player they had in '18. Vanderbilt is rapidly descending. South Carolina was a good and important win.

Sports aren't about believing unless you play them and believe in yourself and your teammates and your coach/s. For fans and administration, it's about analysis. By January 20, 2021, you will know absolutely everything you need to about the direction of this program. Frankly, I think you will know everything you need to know by the time the final whistle blows in September against Florida. If I could waive a wand, I would just ask Fulmer to one thing and one thing only. Do not inhibit nor promote CJP. Wait until next year to decide about extensions/raises.
Yeah, VolBeef88 HAS RETURNED!

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
This says all that needs to be said about you. Your narrow world view really limits your posting effectiveness.

This is a classic VN post.

We start with a typical gatekeeping fandom post.

Then we have a troll replying that the Titans aren't a Tennessee team.

Then we have 4 pages of people arguing with him.

Then we have a post mentioning that the OP might be defenseless to the influence of ISIS.

I'm excited to see where the thread goes from here.

This is a classic VN post.

We start with a typical gatekeeping fandom post.

Then we have a troll replying that the Titans aren't a Tennessee team.

Then we have 4 pages of people arguing with him.

Then we have a post mentioning that the OP might be defenseless to the influence of ISIS.

I'm excited to see where the thread goes from here.

Stupid threads beget stupid replies.

VN Store

Back