'21 MD QB Christian Veilleux (PSU commit)

Four-star Class of 2021 quarterback Christian Veilleux of The Bullis School in Potomac, Md., was back at Tennessee for Saturday’s junior day, visiting the Vols for the fourth time in a little more than nine months. Joe Osovet, Tennessee’s director of programming for football, also had stopped at Veilleux’s school Friday to check on him before the visit, and sources said the Vols still are among the top contenders for Veilleux coming off his latest trip to Knoxville. One source said he appears to be perhaps Tennessee’s most realistic option at the moment among the Vols’ top quarterback targets, although they haven’t given up on Alabama commitment Drake Maye of Charlotte, N.C., and five-star Brock Vandagriffof Bogart, Ga.

Veilleux impressed Tennessee’s coaches at one of its camps in June, returned in October for the Vols’ game against Mississippi State and stopped at Tennessee again Saturday before visiting Duke on Sunday and Clemson on Monday. If he travels to Knoxville again, it’s likely to be on an official visit sometime during the spring, and sources said the Vols appear to be in line for an official visit from the 6-foot-3.5, 201-pound Veilleux if they continue to push for him. Penn State and West Virginia still are believed to be among Tennessee’s main competition for him.

- Callahan

Was in with this guy (or Shadeur Sanders) regardless of other targets decisions.

Reactions: BucVol98
Maybe him and Chaney can get JG playing at a higher level.

I don't think any OC or QB can do that. JG's biggest issue is mental and unfortunately there's not .much any Coach can do to help with that. If he still struggles with late decion making going on his 5th yr in college, I'd be shocked if that light ever comes on, which is very unfortunate. He has the tools to be a great QB, but the mental part has killed QB's since forever.

Just hope HB catches on quick and makes the staff have to play him.

I hope so too. Our first 5* QB since James Banks has all the intangibles to push for immediate PT..Hopefully this year, the sooner the better. Would be nice to have 3-4 straight seasons of consistency and great play at QB.

I don't think any OC or QB can do that. JG's biggest issue is mental and unfortunately there's not .much any Coach can do to help with that. If he still struggles with late decion making going on his 5th yr in college, I'd be shocked if that light ever comes on, which is very unfortunate. He has the tools to be a great QB, but the mental part has killed QB's since forever.
Usually the great athletes wait till they get to the NFL to hit the wall.

VN Store

Back