Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been attacked on this forum for correcting grammar/punctuation. Since response did not include blue font, I suppose a prefererence to use the double negative? OK with me.
Yeah, I don't care on a forum really. Ha. Just killing time before kickoff and looked in here hoping we had gotten good news on Beckwith.

Lol, been a huge inside joke with my work buddies for years. We’d purposely misuse it in meetings all the time to accolades from our higher ups, then correct each other when it was properly used.

I did hear that the dictionary people recently changed the wording saying both usages are proper, which is ridiculous. Cowtowing to the masses.
I post the way I want it to sound. Sometimes I’m aware of the violation, sometimes not...changes nothing.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I post the way I want it to sound. Sometimes I’m aware of the violation, sometimes not...changes nothing.
Oh, I have no issue overall. Because ain’t ain’t a word but I use is hourly.

We had a bunch of Senior Managers and Directors who were buzzword addicts and had no idea that half of what they said was wrong. Similar to pocket presents and pre Madonna.

Oh, I have no issue overall. Because ain’t ain’t a word but I use is hourly.

We had a bunch of Senior Managers and Directors who were buzzword addicts and had no idea that half of what they said was wrong. Similar to pocket presents and pre Madonna.
Mark Twain did it right.

Thats how its spelled, supposably.

I’m not entirely sure some others picked up on your gag there but irregardless... so, I think I told this here recently but so what, the three people who read it won’t mind.

I was in a meeting at work with two other people and one of them used the pronunciation “supposably”. I noted it in my head but moved on, not the place or time. But then a little while later the other person used the same word but pronounced it “supposively”! That was a new one to me so I’m thinking wtf but I still wasn’t gonna call anyone out at that point. Instead, I manufactured some remark that let me include “supposedly” and hit the g**damn trifecta!

I was happy the rest of the day. Couldn’t wait to get home and tell my wife and watch her roll her eyes.

Anna Kendrick isn’t uniquely attractive but there is something about her that makes me want to marry her every time I see her in a movie.

is that from that show where dude had a posse? Always thought that was silly. One wingman, male or female. See, back in my day...that's all one needed. We didnt have any of these fancy communicating devices. If you phoned someone, you left a message...on a machine! By god! You talked to a woman! If you wanted to go to the bar, you walked! Both ways, in the snow! And we liked it!!! (pounds fist on table). That is true story. The Otter was magical.

No sir. You wanted to talk to someone...You conversated. /rant

is that from that show where dude had a posse? Always thought that was silly. One wingman, male or female. See, back in my day...that's all one needed. We didnt have any of these fancy communicating devices. If you phoned someone, you left a message...on a machine! By god! You talked to a woman! If you wanted to go to the bar, you walked! Both ways, in the snow! And we liked it!!! (pounds fist on table). That is true story. The Otter was magical.

No that show sucked. That gif was from an old movie called PCU which was hilarious. Highly recommended.

Reactions: Jackcrevol

1579706117956.gif

1579706304862.jpeg

Reactions: Devo182
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back