'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

AND it is more than the fact that he signed...he was ENCOURAGING the coaches to contact him in his interviews. He said he was wanting to visit and get more involved with the coaches and current players. It was completely trying to entrap UT. There is no defense of what he was doing or trying to do. If this kid is an engineering prospect he isn't that dumb. Auburn knew what they were doing and the fact that they didn't add him until yesterday to their "welcome" from early signing day shows they were involved in the deception. I'm not even mentioning the parents. They were completely involved. I am all for kids going where they feel is best for them. UT shouldn't have to look every single day between early signing day and the regular signing to see if a LOI shows up. The kid should be embarrassed but he won't be. The NCAA needs to make it so you have to go ahead and announce if you sign. If you don't want to announce, then wait til February.
For using this deception Auburn should be sanctioned and the kid should lose a year of eligibility. The NCAA needs to do a complete investigation.

There’s nothing to correct. I agree with BGS that AVs info has been off the last 2 cycles. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t do good for the university and for people in need. People keep taking what I said and want to automatically think I’m attacking him, I’m not. The LAvol thing is what it is. There’s a method....
I think its painting with a broad brush when saying, "AV's info has been off". Yes, it's not hit the mark the last couple of cycles with a handful of prospects, but not all. There have been several that he has been spot on about the entire time. But, because of Anderson, Eboigbe, Washington, Rogers, and now Hardy...some (and I'm not necessarily saying you, slick) want to say he is struggling, outright lying, not connected at all, a fraud, yada yada yada, or what have you...and completely forget about all the others he was dead right about.

And, with Rogers, Washington, and Hardy...the info that has come out after the fact has shown how shady they were during their recruitment, and why ANYONE would've had "bad info" on them.

Should warrant a NCAA investigation.

At the very least, there is a strong possibility that HIS lack of communication with other coaches/schools will come up in the NCAA Eligibility Center which still clears all student athletes before they can participate in college. I would say if a coach has made contact with him unknowingly and he didn't inform them, the coach will report it to the NCAA.

If all of these "rumors" play out, it will be interesting for him.

I think its painting with a broad brush when saying, "AV's info has been off". Yes, it's not hit the mark the last couple of cycles with a handful of prospects, but not all. There have been several that he has been spot on about the entire time. But, because of Anderson, Eboigbe, Washington, Rogers, and now Hardy...some (and I'm not necessarily saying you, slick) want to say he is struggling, outright lying, not connected at all, a fraud, yada yada yada, or what have you...and completely forget about all the others he was dead right about.

And, with Rogers, Washington, and Hardy...the info that has come out after the fact has shown how shady they were during their recruitment, and why ANYONE would've had "bad info" on them.
I personally think the hero worship needs to stop. Everyone gets butt hurt one way or another when the guys name is brought up. He does have some great information sometimes, and he (or more likely who he knows) has been schooled by Georgia, and now Auburn recruiting. I personally think the guy is 2nd hand connected to someone that actually knows things, but I don't think AV has direct contact with that person. If he is anymore connected than that, then he is absolutely an idiot to come on here and say the things he does. And I say that with all do respect. I just don't think a booster that does what he has hinted at, should be public about it. That's roll tide stupid. He has been to correct well before any news broke with other recruits alot. All I am saying is that we should take what we read on the internet with a grain of salt. Just be glad that we do get his info, and that we get to discuss it. That's what makes the board interesting.

UT will have to self report they talked with a recruit that was signed. This might result in very small sanctions. I'm hoping we turn in our communication with Hardy and it's him boasting about accepting cash from Auburn and what goes down in the cabin.
If they didn’t know, how can they be punished?

I personally think the hero worship needs to stop. Everyone gets butt hurt one way or another when the guys name is brought up. He does have some great information sometimes, and he (or more likely who he knows) has been schooled by Georgia, and now Auburn recruiting. I personally think the guy is 2nd hand connected to someone that actually knows things, but I don't think AV has direct contact with that person. If he is anymore connected than that, then he is absolutely an idiot to come on here and say the things he does. And I say that with all do respect. I just don't think a booster that does what he has hinted at, should be public about it. That's roll tide stupid. He has been to correct well before any news broke with other recruits alot. All I am saying is that we should take what we read on the internet with a grain of salt. Just be glad that we do get his info, and that we get to discuss it. That's what makes the board interesting.

I agree with a lot of your post but you want it to stop, yet call out those that respond and not those that initiate?

How did this thread become AV oriented? Because he posted the date that we were planning for the visit? That was his "bad info" crime worthy of derailing another thread?

Just seems like wanting something to stop would include the source of it starting🤷‍♂️

If they didn’t know, how can they be punished?
Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of law, somebody should have known. If there was record of him being signed in the database we should have known (they will be able to check when it showed he signed). Universities report minor violations more frequently than most realize. We recently repoted violations and in 2019 at quick glance OSU, Clemson, Bama, and UGA all reported violations.

Quit reading the drivel from the Auburn site leaked out to make Pruitt and company look inept. UT monitored the LOI page at midnight of the deadline. His name was not on there. Auburn didn’t submit it because he “misspelled his name.” But I assure you they would have claimed it as legit if he magically wanted to sign with say...Alabama or something.
If we just checked the database at midnight eastern time then we are inept. 90% or more of the blame would still fall on Hardy, but for pete's sake, 3/4 of the country and more than half our own conference is not on eastern standard time. Now if Auburn added it even later than that, it's a little more understandable but we had a roughly 3 week dead period, somebody in our massive support staff should have been tasked with rechecking near the end of the dead period before we sent boots back out on the ground and started making contact/wasting time and resources. That's belt and suspenders, trust but verify type prudence. Hopefully, Hardy was ghosting us after the dead period and not talking to us despite our attempts to contact and we just took a chance going to the basketball game but never actually spoke with him. AV said a day or two ago though that several of the coaches were in contact but we had a 20% chance, hopefully he was wrong as about the "several coaches were in contact" part as he was the 20% part.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back