'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

Yes but that was a recent screen shot. No way to know when it was updated to show when it was added. I find it very hard to believe TN, Alabama, another school that I can't recall, all the recruiting services all missed it. Remember, TN wasn't the only school that was in contact over the last few days. I suspect Auburn just reported to the NCAA that he signed.
I agree!

Reactions: InVOLuntary
*Price said* they did check the website the last night of ESD. Hardy's signing was added late.

No offense but people are using 20/20 hindsight. This has never happened before because the kid/university are required to inform also.
There was no precedent for anyone to re-check. There's zero reason to blame anyone but Hardy and Auburn. But yeah, now we'll have to start spending time rechecking every possible lie.
Sad world when integrity and honor are used as a punch line in a joke..😒

That is what I was going to say. That they used a loophole to keep it off the NLI database till the last few days. It was a complete charade for only one reason...to embarrass and lead on UT. And Awbarn should get in trouble for doing it. It is not right.

It’s been in the database for at least 3 weeks. UT might have checked the last day of the ESP and Auburn might have delayed uploading it but it had been there for some time.

Lots of blame to go around and most of it falls on Hardy and Auburn. UT AD and Compliance did a poor job of supporting the coaching staff and wasted 3 coaches’ time coming out of a dead period. Hopefully it’s a lesson learned.

*Price said* they did check the website the last night of ESD. Hardy's signing was added late.

No offense but people are using 20/20 hindsight. This has never happened before because the kid/university are required to inform also.
There was no precedent for anyone to re-check. There's zero reason to blame anyone but Hardy and Auburn. But yeah, now we'll have to start spending time rechecking every possible lie.
This

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Hopefully the NCAA will look into this and Hardy and Auburn gets penalized and Hardy ends up at some JUCo in Kansas.

One can hope.

What's amazing is that he's taken the Smollet defense and despite overwelming evidence to the contrary, he's gonna go down lying.

Isn't about time the thread title was edited to indicate being and aubby signee?

It’s been in the database for at least 3 weeks. UT might have checked the last day of the ESP and Auburn might have delayed uploading it but it had been there for some time.

Lots of blame to go around and most of it falls on Hardy and Auburn. UT AD and Compliance did a poor job of supporting the coaching staff and wasted 3 coaches’ time coming out of a dead period. Hopefully it’s a lesson learned.
Apparently the NLI has language that requires the prospect to NOTIFY coaches that contact him of his signature. That was not followed here. The blame can be on the coaches a little bit but the responsibility is on Jay Hardy to act like a normal person.

At the end of the day, this falls on the shoulders of the TN coaching staff. They have a sign on and password, just like every coach in the country, to the portal listing "letters of intent." His name and intent was indeed there. However, Hardy took advantage of the fact TN didn't have a clue he signed. That's wrong! The NCAA rules state, once you signed, you are required to let any school who pursues you know that you've done so.
Before I start throwing the staff under the bus on this deal, I want to know, exactly, when his name showed up on this "portal listing" you speak of. Something stinks to high heaven here and the whole "we sent back his LOI so he could correct the spelling of his signature" story sounds like bigtime bovine fodder.

I respect kids that tell the truth. I respect the decisions of instate kids that go other places as long as they are honest in the recruitment.

I respect nothing this lying turd or his family have done since they took one trip to the Awbarn pig sty and jumped in with the rest of the pigs. They took Awbarns money, and then dumped all over the UT staff to deflect anger over it...period. In the process trying to harm a good coaches reputation...that is pathetic...everything about this is pathetic. Like other native Noogans have said...I hate that these pigs are from my hometown.
giphy (1).gif

At the end of the day, this falls on the shoulders of the TN coaching staff. They have a sign on and password, just like every coach in the country, to the portal listing "letters of intent." His name and intent was indeed there. However, Hardy took advantage of the fact TN didn't have a clue he signed. That's wrong! The NCAA rules state, once you signed, you are required to let any school who pursues you know that you've done so.
Quit reading the drivel from the Auburn site leaked out to make Pruitt and company look inept. UT monitored the LOI page at midnight of the deadline. His name was not on there. Auburn didn’t submit it because he “misspelled his name.” But I assure you they would have claimed it as legit if he magically wanted to sign with say...Alabama or something.

There is a 72 hour window to sign during ESP. Those folks have one job. I find that especially hard to believe it can be added “late” and no one knew.

He said Auburn didn't pay him and UT was the only school who tried to. I think that's a good lie to check into.

And I'll submit...even though I cannot prove it...that this was condoned and encouraged by RG and Aub. This is not our first rodeo when dealing with this bunch. There's just something about Auburn's tactics in recruiting. It's never enough to win the recruit. They have to manipulate and deceive. It's like just taking a recruit isn't enough. They have to do ultimate damage to our class by wasting our staff time which could be spent on other recruits. It's a scorched earth policy with auburn. We've seen it before...several times.

As I said in an earlier post, I never understood why everyone was so obsessed with Hardy. He's a really good high school player and has a chance to be a really good college player. But it's not as though he's the greatest player on the board. For reasons I never understood, his recruitment took on a Gruden or Scroggins interest for reasons that escape me.
It's like Chris Russell last year. There's not that many players left after ESD.

Reactions: chargervol

VN Store

Back