'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

Prime example
v6munbmd8veyqj2xgjfp
Exactly

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Hell naw. He handled his recruitment way worse than Mays. I never want to see Hardy in Knoxville. He’s not welcome.
What Cade did was understandable considering the dumpster fire that raged here in December 2017. I didn't like it, especially the Dixieland Delight part, but that was just a very young man lashing out at some of our fans who had been over the top arseholes to him, but I understood it. I said that even when he was at Georgia, and I'm glad he was able to be the bigger person than a small percentage of our fans who held a grudge, and come home. Hardy? Nah, this is a bridge too far. Hopefully next year the NCAA makes it where kids who sign during the early period must make it public during the early period.

He choose Auburn because of their engineering program and him really liking how the campus is set up. He's a very smart kid that's happens to be a good football player. I know it can really hurt or bother you when your team don't get a recruit you actually want especially someone in your state. Trust me I'm a Miami Hurricanes fan so I feel where you guys are coming from. He should have waited until February period to decide on his team before making a commitment to anyone like his initial plan was so all of this could have been avoided. Things could have been handled better in my opinion but I support him with his decision. I do feel like Tennessee Football program is on a rise and with all the new coaches joining the SEC West. I don't see Gus surviving but again that's my opinion. I did tell you guys I would reveal who I am once he signed. He's my first cousin.

I respect his decision, just the way the went about it was a little shady. RG has a bone to pick with TN or Fulmer and wouldn't surprise me if he was behind the whole thing. Also, a little surprising that the choice came down to engineering school. TN has a better engineering school by "rank" and a lot of other teams that he had offers to are a lot higher on the list. Not saying that it could have been a little of a deciding factor, but the barn is well known for taking care of recruits at the cabin. Thanks for clearing some things up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200119-084613_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200119-084613_Chrome.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20200119-084558_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200119-084558_Chrome.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
He choose Auburn because of their engineering program and him really liking how the campus is set up. He's a very smart kid that's happens to be a good football player. I know it can really hurt or bother you when your team don't get a recruit you actually want especially someone in your state. Trust me I'm a Miami Hurricanes fan so I feel where you guys are coming from. He should have waited until February period to decide on his team before making a commitment to anyone like his initial plan was so all of this could have been avoided. Things could have been handled better in my opinion but I support him with his decision. I do feel like Tennessee Football program is on a rise and with all the new coaches joining the SEC West. I don't see Gus surviving but again that's my opinion. I did tell you guys I would reveal who I am once he signed. He's my first cousin.
Sorry your family will be taking some ruthless heat but the bed was made and its deserved tbh. Could have been handled better is an understatement. The ways to act right are plenty. The ways to act wrong are few. It's not hard to avoid lying. He even lied in the last hour of this charade on the tweeter machine. It is what it is. He should probably avoid social media and start networking in the booming city of Auburn, Alabama.

Also UT is a better engineering program. Damn, even now we have false statements.

Hardy is a lying sack of s**t. Makes multiple visits to UT and tells other cruits and coaches he is coming and committs to Auburn. He lies about not signing in December. All you need to know about this guy. See ya bud.

At the end of the day, this falls on the shoulders of the TN coaching staff. They have a sign on and password, just like every coach in the country, to the portal listing "letters of intent." His name and intent was indeed there. However, Hardy took advantage of the fact TN didn't have a clue he signed. That's wrong! The NCAA rules state, once you signed, you are required to let any school who pursues you know that you've done so.

I respect his decision, just the way the went about it was a little shady. RG has a bone to pick with TN or Fulmer and wouldn't surprise me if he was behind the whole thing. Also, a little surprising that the choice came down to engineering school. TN has a better engineering school by "rank" and a lot of other teams that he had offers to are a lot higher on the list. Not saying that it could have been a little of a deciding factor, but the barn is well known for taking care of recruits at the cabin. Thanks for clearing some things up.
I respect kids that tell the truth. I respect the decisions of instate kids that go other places as long as they are honest in the recruitment.

I respect nothing this lying turd or his family have done since they took one trip to the Awbarn pig sty and jumped in with the rest of the pigs. They took Awbarns money, and then dumped all over the UT staff to deflect anger over it...period. In the process trying to harm a good coaches reputation...that is pathetic...everything about this is pathetic. Like other native Noogans have said...I hate that these pigs are from my hometown.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, this falls on the shoulders of the TN coaching staff. They have a sign on and password, just like every coach in the country, to the portal listing "letters of intent." His name and intent was indeed there. However, Hardy took advantage of the fact TN didn't have a clue he signed. That's wrong! The NCAA rules state plan as day, once you signed, you are required to let any school who pursues you to know that you've done so.
I'm not sure that was on there until the last couple of days. Remember auburn claims they sent it back for him to correct the spelling of his signature. Lol. I suspect Auburns been a key player in this charade all along.

At the end of the day, this falls on the shoulders of the TN coaching staff. The have a sign on and password, just like every coach in the country, to the portal listing "letters of intent." His name and intent was indeed there. However, Hardy took advantage of the fact TN didn't have a clue he signed. That's wrong! The NCAA rules state plan as day, once you signed, you are required to let any school who pursues you to know that you've done so.
Agree, there's a lot of blame to go around, I can't believe we apparently didn't have someone check the website again before the dead period ended, it was several weeks long, we had plenty of time to arrange that one last belt and suspenders safety net. No excuse for the way Hardy and Company handled it but we shouldn't be depending on the word of 18 year old kids, somebody should have checked the website again on all of our targets before the dead period ended and we began to expend time and resources again. That's an administrative ball drop. As I said above, hopefully the NCAA will step in and shut down this "sign now, announce later" thing. It just begs for these kind of problems.

Reactions: Sara Clark
At the end of the day, this falls on the shoulders of the TN coaching staff. They have a sign on and password, just like every coach in the country, to the portal listing "letters of intent." His name and intent was indeed there. However, Hardy took advantage of the fact TN didn't have a clue he signed. That's wrong! The NCAA rules state, once you signed, you are required to let any school who pursues you know that you've done so.
No it doesn't fall on the staff...it falls on the recruit and the family.

Reactions: ngavolgirl
I'm not sure that was on there until the last couple of days. Remember auburn claims they sent it back for him to correct the spelling of his signature. Lol. I suspect Auburns been a key
player in this charade all along.

I think they just took advantage of the time zone and that the NCAA is toothless. They're not going to do anything for Auburn/Hardy not informing TN as required.

The name misspelling was a parody account. Here was the source.

20200118_212919.jpg

I'm not sure that was on there until the last couple of days. Remember auburn claims they sent it back for him to correct the spelling of his signature. Lol. I suspect Auburns been a key player in this charade all along.
Swain posted a screen shot on twitter, it's been there the entire time. Maybe a correction was to be made, but he was listed on the site as signed.

That is what I was going to say. That they used a loophole to keep it off the NLI database till the last few days. It was a complete charade for only one reason...to embarrass and lead on UT. And Awbarn should get in trouble for doing it. It is not right.

Swain posted a screen shot on twitter, it's been there the entire time. Maybe a correction was to be made, but he was listed on the site as signed.
Yes but that was a recent screen shot. No way to know when it was updated to show when it was added. I find it very hard to believe TN, Alabama, another school that I can't recall, all the recruiting services all missed it. Remember, TN wasn't the only school that was in contact over the last few days. I suspect Auburn just reported to the NCAA that he signed.

*Price said* they did check the website the last night of ESD. Hardy's signing was added late.

No offense but people are using 20/20 hindsight. This has never happened before because the kid/university are required to inform also.
There was no precedent for anyone to re-check. There's zero reason to blame anyone but Hardy and Auburn. But yeah, now we'll have to start spending time rechecking every possible lie.

VN Store

Back