'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

Auburn board saying UT should be ashamed for ruining his moment in February. Like what? šŸ˜‚

Dear god ut should be ashamed? What the hell are they smoking? This clown/weasel of a kid is giving interviews saying the Tennessee coaching staff needs to do this or that and the current older players need to try to connect with me etc. heā€™s stringing on our coaches to the point that theyā€™re wasting valuable time at his basketball game (wonder how many auburn coaches are attending his basketball games)...all the whole heā€™s already signed elsewhere!!! I honestly donā€™t ever remember shifting from wanted a kid to be a vol, to absolutely detesting a kid so quickly. Itā€™s just shocking that anyone could be so classless and attention starved. And I recognize heā€™s a teenager. But hell he's 18 years old. My god where are his parents?!?! Wasnā€™t his dad a former ut player?

I canā€™t say that I read everything thread because I donā€™t, but he said a few weeks ago or maybe longer that he heard straight from the horseā€™s mouth.

I donā€™t really care either way but people continue to criticize him when itā€™s clear he has access and gets info. But recruiting changes all the time.
Iā€™m not criticizing him at all but the white knighting for the guy gets old af.

I have never understood the lure to Au.It is in the middle of nowhere. Unless they are still letting them smoke synthetic weed and not testing them or out right paying them big bucks.I just don't get it.
Wasn't there a TV show about 5 years ago where a couple former Auburn players fessed up and explained how they kept getting paid even while they were in school. May have been the HBO sports episode where Gumble is the host. Can't remember for sure. Then after the show aired, the players changed their story when the NCAA questioned them. Seems the former players blackmailed Auburn for more $$ after they left Auburn. So .. yeah ... Auburn pays them big bucks.

Wasn't there a TV show about 5 years ago where a couple former Auburn players fessed up and explained how they kept getting paid even while they were in school. May have been the HBO sports episode where Gumble is the host. Can't remember for sure. Then after the show aired, the players changed their story when the NCAA questioned them. Seems the former players blackmailed Auburn for more $$ after they left Auburn. So .. yeah ... Auburn pays them big bucks.
I remember watching that.

Auburn board saying UT should be ashamed for ruining his moment in February. Like what? šŸ˜‚
The UT coaches owe AP a big thanks.

UT would have wasted countless hours trying to recruit Hardy right up until NSD ... and they would have held a spot open for him just in case he flipped. Hardy probably would have continued to lie to the UT coaches and told them he might flip. Now UT can offer that last spot to a deserving recruit without worrying about Hardy.

Agree with others that have said NCAA should make it mandatory to reveal when kids sign an LOI ... even if it is in a private database that only school compliance offices can view. NCAA is just asking for recruiting violations if they let totally SECRET LOI signings to continue.

So did our staff not know?

Or did the reporters not know and they made up narratives and embarrassed themselves? Would our coaches have been at that b-ball game to recruit anyone else?

Just catching up on this story, but this is beyond dirty. Personally, I think the NCAA should look into this. If you sign with a school, other schools should absolutely be notified. This isn't even sour grapes, this is just about honesty and integrity. I wouldn't want us doing this.

Thinking about it, was the NCAA involved? Aren't they supposed to be notified about signed LOIs? If so, shouldn't they have told our coaches he had signed in the ESP as they continued to pursue him?

AV info is offffff. Has been for two years now.
I know you like to troll, but damn, this seems low even for you. If our coaches weren't even aware this kid had signed, how are you going to fault AV? That's not trolling on your part, but stupidity. You can do better.

The UT coaches owe AP a big thanks.

UT would have wasted countless hours trying to recruit Hardy right up until NSD ... and they would have held a spot open for him just in case he flipped. Hardy probably would have continued to lie to the UT coaches and told them he might flip. Now UT can offer that last spot to a deserving recruit without worrying about Hardy.

Agree with others that have said NCAA should make it mandatory to reveal when kids sign an LOI ... even if it is in a private database that only school compliance offices can view. NCAA is just asking for recruiting violations if they let totally SECRET LOI signings to continue.
Another issue brought up by the crappy ESP. Along with coaches leaving in January. Issues...

Good for Price reporting it. Exploit how this recruitment has gone. What these families donā€™t realize is that one day he might be draft eligible. And maybe some of the coaches on the Tenn staff or any staff might be on staff with NFL teams. This kind of stuff never leaves you.

True story. Transparency is a good thing and shows integrity. Not sure heā€™d be a good fit in Pruittā€™s system.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Iā€™m not criticizing him at all but the white knighting for the guy gets old af.
ā€œWhite knightingā€ seems a little dramatic. You either believe he has connections or you donā€™t. The rest is background noise. He declared Chaney a no go when De1Conley had already shared with me proof that it was a done deal. I donā€™t think heā€™s a fraud. Errybody to their pack, I guess.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

VN Store

Back