Question for Freak (and anyone else with info)

Boom! Thanks for all you do for us “stat guys”!!! Really appreciate it!!!

Check out 2003-2019 Rivals player rankings by positions. Look at 2014 year. Really jumps out how many top 5 players at positions get drafted..

I haven't updated a lot in the last 18 months or so but am trying to catch back up as I have time. Traveling a lot and when not traveling, hitting golf courses almost daily..

Check out 2003-2019 Rivals player rankings by positions. Look at 2014 year. Really jumps out how many top 5 players at positions get drafted..

I haven't updated a lot in the last 18 months or so but am trying to catch back up as I have time. Traveling a lot and when not traveling, hitting golf courses almost daily..

Will do, thanks again, I can’t tell you how many times I used info from the Locker to either start a discussion or back up a post. The recruiting stuff especially, well back in the day, don’t follow it as much anymore.

Anyway, thanks again and much respect!

Now...let’s get back to the OP’s archiving...😜

Reactions: SmokinBob
Great! I look forward to using that feature soon. I feel sure that if I really do cut the cord, it'll be with YTTV.
Now, how do I get that recorded program onto a DVD from the cloud?
You should be able to access your cloud from a pc. Use a screen recording program to record the game into your computer, then burn it to dvd. The same program should allow you to edit(cut) out the commercials.

If you're only worried about the collection part and not the process, then I would suggest waiting for someone else to upload the game (let them do the hard part) on YouTube, then download the video afterwards. There are programs out there that can download videos off of YouTube. Unfortunately I don't know the names of them as it's nothing I've ever had to do.
I use a program called youtube-dl. It's open source and can get a mp4 of a youtube on my computer. It works for me, but has some setup. Needs ffmpeg and if you just want mp3 audio, you need lame encoder. My use for it is to get the vids on a memory stick and play it on my new Raspberry pi 4. I watch all kinds of stuff. Right now, I'm trying to learn German and there are a ton of good youtubes for learning. Setting it up takes some middle of the road computer skills.

After "trying" to read these posts I have decided to switch from Beer to Scotch tonight. I am amazed at all that you dudes can do...… My 6 year old can probably do it, but at 58 I have trouble using anything but my 8 track, VCR, Reel to Reel, Floppy, etc. and I may be able to find my old BETAmax.

My hat is off to all of you that allow me (& others) to benefit from our tech savvy VN Brothers (& sisters). Please keep doing it for me. Again I say, PLEASE!

It won’t be long before these streaming services are just as expensive as cable. I dropped DTV about 2 years ago. My bill went from $75/month to $60 (with add-ons) My bill in now up to $71/month. I only dropped DTV because they wouldn’t continue to match the $75. In the next couple of years I expect all these services will run around $100/month.

Reactions: 99grad
It won’t be long before these streaming services are just as expensive as cable. I dropped DTV about 2 years ago. My bill went from $75/month to $60 (with add-ons) My bill in now up to $71/month. I only dropped DTV because they wouldn’t continue to match the $75. In the next couple of years I expect all these services will run around $100/month.
At least there is competition now.

True. I just hope a new technology comes along that makes these streaming services toe the line on pricing. The lack of competition is what allowed cable to get out of control.

Yeah but what sucks is there is hardly any competition with ISPs(Internet Service Providers). I'm paying over 90 bucks a month with Cox just for internet and that's the middle of the road package (up to 150 down, 10-12 up) They're one of 2 choices for internet service in my area. Some areas don't even get another option. Couple that with Hulu live, Starz, and HBO, I'm basically paying what I was when "on the cord." The upside though is that streaming services allows you flexibility to watch on different devices and dvr cloud storage.

I just have a bad feeling that the more and more people start cutting the cord, these ISPs who have basically a monopoly in certain areas with start slowly upping their prices.

Yeah but what sucks is there is hardly any competition with ISPs(Internet Service Providers). I'm paying over 90 bucks a month with Cox just for internet and that's the middle of the road package (up to 150 down, 10-12 up) They're one of 2 choices for internet service in my area. Some areas don't even get another option. Couple that with Hulu live, Starz, and HBO, I'm basically paying what I was when "on the cord." The upside though is that streaming services allows you flexibility to watch on different devices and dvr cloud storage.

I just have a bad feeling that the more and more people start cutting the cord, these ISPs who have basically a monopoly in certain areas with start slowly upping their prices.

You are absolutely correct. The ISP providers (aka the cable companies) will just continue to raise their prices to make up the lost revenue from their cable service reductions. On top of that they will, and some are already are, place limits on your usage each month. Once you exceed your limit you will be charged for additional usage.

I guess I am pretty lucky though. Where I live I am getting up to 200 mbps for $45/month.

If I really want to get radical, I could just go straight OTA, drop my ISP provider, and use only my phone to access the internet.

Besides my wife 🙂, the only thing stopping me is my love for the Vols. I just can’t phantom not being able to watch our games. Of course, at the rate streaming/cable/internet prices are rising and college football attendance is decreasing, in a few years it may be cheaper just to purchase 50-yard-line season tickets.

Reactions: Volgrad98
You should be able to access your cloud from a pc. Use a screen recording program to record the game into your computer, then burn it to dvd. The same program should allow you to edit(cut) out the commercials.

Any suggestions for a recording/editing program?

I was looking at Audials Movie 2020.

Audials Movie - video stream recorder software

To be honest, I'm like the the Ethiopian man God sent Philip to in Acts 8:30-31 ... "And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him."

I understand some of it (the info on the Audials program), enough to think it'd work for my purposes, but I feel like I'm reading something that's over my head, written in Greek, and I need a Philip to help me "understandest what I readest."

I have absolutely no idea what @ptcarter was saying in his last post, no offence ptcarter ... just owning my ignorance.

Any suggestions for a recording/editing program?

I was looking at Audials Movie 2020.

Audials Movie - video stream recorder software

To be honest, I'm like the the Ethiopian man God sent Philip to in Acts 8:30-31 ... "And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him."

I understand some of it (the info on the Audials program), enough to think it'd work for my purposes, but I feel like I'm reading something that's over my head, written in Greek, and I need a Philip to help me "understandest what I readest."

I have absolutely no idea what @ptcarter was saying in his last post, no offence ptcarter ... just owning my ignorance.
Understand. I've been around computers since the '70s. Took me a while to get a workflow down. There is a youtube-dl page you can google. I'd rather watch a video on my TV than a computer screen. I was at the UT-Vandy game and processed the iron bowl from youtube and watched it on the big screen later that week. Pretty interesting game. Love it when Saban tantrums.. Anyway it works for me and maybe with a little research, it can work for you too.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Okay, I'm gonna post here one more time for a couple of reasons.

1) @Freak - Kind Sir, me and @SmokinBob would love for you to chime in about what program you use, or what process you have, to get games to your YT channel ... if you wouldn't mind divulging such information.

2) I can't let @LWSVOL make me look bad with those stats about his collection! (Mr Larry, I'm kidding. I love you man!) But here's the highlights of my collection:
• UT Volunteers Football - (complete seasons 1980-present; all vs Alabama since 1966; all bowl games – trade pending with LWS - 88 games from 1938-1979, only missing 3 games from 1979) If not complete games, at least some representation of each game).

• College Football Conference Championship Games (all FBS conference championship games, 1992 - present, which include)
SEC 1992 -2019
Big 12 1996 -2019
WAC 1996 - 1998
MAC 1997 - 2019
ACC 2005 - 2019
Conference USA 2005 - 2019
Big Ten 2011 - 2019
PAC 12 2011 - 2019
Mountain West 2013 - 2019
AAC 2015 - 2019
Sun Belt 2018-2019
I'm really proud of these conference championship games.

• SuperBowls (all)

• Indianapolis Colts / Denver Broncos (Peyton Manning Era - 178 games total, including complete seasons of 2006, 2013, and need 4 games of 2015, to have all games in his Super Bowl seasons).

Hundreds of various CFB, NFL, XFL, USFL, games, a few CFL games, and a bunch of Lakers games from the 80's showtime era, and of course the Shaq and Kobe years. All just too much to list here.

Before anybody asks ... no I don't sell games. I rarely trade any more.

Anyway, I hope this lets folks see why I need to figure this whole digital thing out.

I'm experimenting with some programs. I upgraded with a laptop purchase to one of those fancy gaming laptops. Bless my heart, I still don't know what it is, but I can tell it's a major upgrade.

Anyway ....

Reactions: MAD and SmokinBob
Just wanted to bump this with an update for anyone who is interested.

I had to upgrade my laptop ... as it turns out, my laptop I use for sermon preparation isn't good for much else. Not enough ramgigs or something.

Anywho, after upgrading that, I piddled around with Audials Movie 2020 til I figured out how to use it. It can record the screen (not as conveniently as Movavi screen grabber) but it can also record straight from the graphics card. This gives a better picture than the screen grab, as well as there are no curser movements or taskbar movement or anything that shows up on the screen ... none of that shows up on the recording.

From there, because I haven't figured out how to do it in Audials, I use Freemake to edit and burn the game onto a disc.

Looks better than it does recorded from Directv onto a disc via a dvd recorder, and will only use 1 disc per game as opposed to 2 discs per game. Shoot, I'll even save on cd sleeves, as I'll be putting 2 games in one sleeve, as opposed to 1 game on 2 discs into one sleeve.

Lastly, I just cut Directv off. Youtube TV (53.99 tax included) works great at 1/3 of the cost of DTV. Furthermore, the FCC (i think that's right) force local channels from Charlotte, NC onto us here in McBee, SC, which is stupid, seeing as I'm closer to Columbia and Florence in SC. No local news, politics, weather, ect. With Youtube TV, we can choose from Columbia or Florence. It's actually kinda nice to have local - local channels.

Youtube TV, coupled with Netflix, wife and kids are wanting to get Hulu-Disney-ESPN+ package, along with the Amazon thing ... and we'll still be saving about 1/2 monthly after cutting the cord. All of this, and I just needed to figure out how to continue recording games, which was what (for me) this thread was all about.

Alright everyone, welcome mr analog, preacherwebb, into the digital age. (I still have an iphone 4).

giphy.gif

Been using one of these for several years now. Combine with a 128G flash drive and you can record all day. Handbrake as a post processor.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back