Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coach O should just retire, lol. He will get a nice recruiting bump from that 15-0 season but he's already peaked. He's not gonna have those caliber coordinators + Burrow again.
Assistants are easy to find at a power house like LSU. Burrows don’t grow on trees tho.

Reactions: Vols4us
Coach O should just retire, lol. He will get a nice recruiting bump from that 15-0 season but he's already peaked. He's not gonna have those caliber coordinators + Burrow again.

I still can't believe Coach O won a national title. When they replaced Miles with him it seemed like they settled, big time. Hard to argue with the results though.

Well that’s my point and i think it depends on what you’re happy with from basketball. If you’re happy having a really good regular season but not doing much in the tournament then that’s fine. I’m not saying I’m not happy with that either just that i can see where there’s room for frustration especially when you’re payed as one of the true elites but not really giving elite results.

Similar to the harbaugh at Michigan situation.
Barnes is a fine basketball coach but I almost wish they would have let him walk to UCLA. Casey Alexander was supposedly going to be right at the top of our list to replace him. Would have been a great hire IMO.

*corrected with final AP ranking*

The number on the left is the weighted average recruiting class ranking over the past four years combined (2016-2019). I'm comparing this to the teams final AP ranking which is the second number. Going into the year Tennessee was the 17th most talented team.

1st most talented team Alabama*... Final ranking: 8th (*Lost QB)

2nd Georgia... 4th

3rd LSU... 1st

4th Oklahoma... 7th

5th Ohio State... 3rd

6th Florida... 6th

7th Auburn... 14th

8th Texas AM... Unranked

9th Texas... 25th

10th Clemson... 2nd

11th Penn State... 9th

12th Michigan... 18th

13th Oregon... 5th

14th Notre Dame... 12th

15th Florida State... Unranked

16th USC... Unranked

17th Tennessee... Unranked

How can UF be 6th? Their last 4 classes were composite:

Their Team Talent ranking (accounting for attrition) this year was also 15th.

Same issue with Oklahoma being so high.

He’s a great football player, no doubt. But I don’t get the whole badass theme. He’s goofy af.
Midwesterners can't help it with their accent and sensibilities. It's what makes them a little funny too. Like Canadians. But impossible to pull off the badass shtick.

Reactions: SoilVol
Midwesterners can't help it with their accent and sensibilities. It's what makes them a little funny too. Like Canadians. But impossible to pull off the badass shtick.
You ever been to Athens Ohio? Not midwestern at all. More like East Tennessee than anything else honestly. I lease a few farms there for hunting.

You’re right about the midwestern thing though. Goofy bunch

I thought that new show 68 whiskey was gonna be pretty good. I was wrong. It's like grey's anatomy but in the army.

👀
“In this case, there’s no value in being more explicit about what happened,” Mars said. “Being at all transparent about what happened would probably not sit well with Georgia fans anyway. Because I don’t think any of those Georgia fans want to hear anything that’s the least bit critical of their school’s athletic department or their football coaching staff. In fact, the decision to remain quiet about this is a very principled decision. It’s not one that’s necessarily to the advantage of Cade Mays or his family. It’s one that’s the appropriate approach and an approach that’s respectful toward Georgia.

“I’m sitting in Atlanta right now. I’m not interested in trashing UGA, and there’s no benefit to doing that. And even if I tried to be very diplomatic about it, I’m sure what I had to say would not sit well with anybody in Athens or anybody that’s part of Dawg Nation. The decision to not talk about it is not only a decision that reflects the privacy every student-athlete has, it’s also a decision that reflects respect for the process and for UGA. If UGA wanted to try this case in the press, I’d be happy to. But I don’t think they want to. And therefore, I don’t have any desire to.”

Tom Mars / the Athletic

Assistants are easy to find at a power house like LSU. Burrows don’t grow on trees tho.

No guarantee they will work out. If O completely gets out of their way maybe, but even then there's culture fits, fits with the current players, etc. LSU had the perfect storm this season.

Reactions: HankHill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back