Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have been smart enough not to lie about it. People who keep stressing the bbq part while ignoring he decided to lie about it are delusional. Bruce created his own situation. UT didn't screw him over, he screwed himself.

Also mishandled an abuse violation just a “bad back” also had that whole ARMED ROBBERY thing.

Then in his last game we lose by 30...

what blows my mind he’s still coaching at all, NCAA is such a joke

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Should have been smart enough not to lie about it. People who keep stressing the bbq part while ignoring he decided to lie about it are delusional. Bruce created his own situation. UT didn't screw him over, he screwed himself.
Mike Hamilton and the weak UT Administration at the time didn’t have his back when they should have. I have a hunch that you didn’t feel this way about Bruce when this was actually going down. Now that he’s at a rival school and is doing better than Tennessee, you feel differently.

Mike Hamilton and the weak UT Administration at the time didn’t have his back when they should have. I have a hunch that you didn’t feel this way about Bruce when this was actually going down. Now that he’s at a rival school and is doing better than Tennessee, you feel differently.

The mask slips...

Your imagination is wrong. I was pissed at Bruce from the beginning. He decided to turn a secondary violation into a major violation because he decided not to tell the truth. He put the program and the university at risk with his stupidity. No one forced him to lie. No one asked him to lie. He made a choice, and it reflected badly on UT. Blaming the administration for something Bruce did is absolute stupidity. Apparently you don't believe in personal responsibility.

Wow that’s crazy stat.
Almost unfathomable.

That is 4 P5 programs - Texas, A&M, Baylor, and TTU, plus SMU, Houston, UTEP, UTSA, Texas St, North Texas, and Rice.

11/130 D1 programs are in Texas and not a single SB starter? And with the entire "Texas quarterback" badge on top of it. Crazy.

Almost unfathomable.

That is 4 P5 programs - Texas, A&M, Baylor, and TTU, plus SMU, Houston, UTEP, UTSA, Texas St, North Texas, and Rice.

11/130 D1 programs are in Texas and not a single SB starter? And with the entire "Texas quarterback" badge on top of it. Crazy.
And think about all the Texas high school qbs that have left Texas for college and go on to the super bowl. The horns are notorious for ignoring elite qbs from Austin. It's hilarious. Drew brees and Foles both went to the same high school in Austin. Neither were recruited by Texas and both won a super bowl. And that's just one high school. Their rival school has put out a ton of QBs into the NFL that Texas didn't recruit.

I’m on record with my text buddies as being a Barnes nega. I think he’s a great man, develops players well and has flashes of recruiting prowess. But, he sucks in the tournament when it matters most. Barely .500 in 20 years with 1 final 4 appearance. That team last year was a final 4 team and could’ve won the whole thing. For some reason, he has not been able to get it done. And now, we’re seeing the lack of recruiting in 2017,2018.
Fahr Barnes!

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
He’s the victim of his own success. He took over a terrible situation, recruited 3 stars to develop, and succeeded. People criticized his recruiting at the time.

The third year was not a FF team, especially after Alexander got hurt in the first NCAAT game. Barnes develops Grant into a back to back player of the year and year four gets to number one while they won some 15+ games by double digits.

The greatest accomplishment was getting three drafted, and Alexander just signed a two way deal when he’s probably played 6 years of basketball his whole life.

Now, people question Barnes, and he’s about to bring in three top 40 players. We have some crazy fans, but that’s the world we live in. And some still want to compare to Pearl, when up until Barnes, Pearl was probably the best coach in UT histor.
Great post..the criticism of Barnes is not just unfair...it is F'n stupid as heck.

I knew we would have a huge down year this year. I don't question Barnes at all. He knows what he's doing. I looked to next year to rebound.

Hahaha....sure pound the rock down low to a 7 footer that is soft and a Kingsport local that can’t play with his back to the basket.At All,or maybe how we run our offense doing suicides at the top of the key,setting picks for people who stand around waiting for someone eles to do something and score..it’s just over all stagnant offense.its obvious barns needs a dominant big man..

1579170530669.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back