'21 MD QB Christian Veilleux (PSU commit)

If Worley had remained in a more traditional offense led by Chaney I think he could have been at least serviceable.

Yep Worley one of those kids that career could have maybe been different with a transfer portal. Instead he played in a read option offense and ran slower than a grandma

Yep Worley one of those kids that career could have maybe been different with a transfer portal. Instead he played in a read option offense and ran slower than a grandma
His lack of success had nothing to do with his lack of running ability. When he threw the ball it did not go within 10 yards of his intended target. Malone got to where he was getting pretty good at coming back and making diving catches of the balls

So Osovet visited him yesterday and he visited today? If Weinke leaves I know who I want as QB coach.

I caught up with four-star QB Christian Veilleux tonight about his latest visit to Tennessee. It was his fourth trip to Knoxville, and he said it was a good visit that allowed him to spend more time with the Vols' coaches, including QBs coach Chris Weinke, offensive coordinator Jim Chaney and director of programming for football Joe Osovet, who was with him throughout the day.

Veilleux said Tennessee remains high on his list — he said the Vols are important to him, and he's important to them — and there's a pretty good chance he will return there in the spring on an official visit. Hasn't decided on any favorites or any definite official-visit destinations, but he made it clear that he's still strongly considering Tennessee, and he feels good about the quarterback situation there and the program.

- Callahan

“It was a good day,” Veilleux said. “I really just took the day to spend time with coaches and see what I hadn’t seen yet. Most of the stuff they went through today I had already seen and heard. Coach Osovet really took me on a separate deal and showed us what we wanted to see. So it was good.”

“Just from day one, he’s the guy who has called me the most and checked up on me,” Veilleux said of Osovet. “We have built and amazing relationship. I just like that he’s straight up and honest. He’s always cracking jokes. He know me and my dad pretty well. We just have a great rapport and relationship with him. I geniunely like the guy a lot.”

“I have history with coach Weinke,” Veilleux said. “Back home a quarterback that came from where I am from and that I know pretty well went to IMG Academy when coach Weinke was there. So I have background information on him. That’s what really excites me about him. I have had people be coached by him that I know. He’s a great dude. Every time I go down there he’s really welcoming and straight up. He’s just a great guy to be around. I can tell he knows his stuff.

“The experience coach Chaney has with quarterbacks and quarterback development. I think his offense is suited for that with the pro aspects of his offense and the spread aspects. Just the passing attack he has, I think is good for quarterbacks. It’s really quarterback friendly. It’s something I could see myself in and something that I want. I really love the offense.”

The 6-4, 195 pound signal caller is spending Sunday and Monday at Duke and Clemson. He also has Penn State, West Virginia and Kentucky near the top of his list. A list that also definitely includes the Vols.

“Absolutely, every since day one when they offered me I really thought highly of them,” Veilleux said of the Vols. “Every time I come back the feeling always gets better about the school, the coaching staff there and the people around the program. They are definitely high on my mind with a few other schools. It’s definitely a program I could see myself at.”

“I don’t have a timetable yet. I feel like when I personally know where I want to go I will make the decision. I just want to make the right decision for me and my family. I hope to make a decision before the summer,” Veilleux offered. “That’s not set in stone, but hopefully I will have a decision by then. I think with the way things are going right now, I will have my mind made up. I guess it could go into summer or into the season. You never know, but my goal is to commit before the summer or early summer.”

- VQ

VN Store

Back