Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
95 Neb
01 Miami
04 USC
19 LSU

i think that'd be fun....could maybe make a place for 88 Notre Dame? or 18 Clemson...

my money would be on Nebraska

I’d have a hard time arguing with that top 4. I think this year’s LSU team beats 04 USC.

Reactions: jakez4ut
One thing in the article about YAC that bothered me was how CJP talked about family AND being close to home and that was important to consider. I get it. Made some business decisions that cause some risk myself due to family. Bama is home and where family is for CJP. Enjoy it till it ain’t and hope ain’t isn’t here for a long time.

If this is a real concern for Tennessee, then Fulmer needs to place a 2x or 3x Alma Mater buyout clause in place specifically for Alabama. If CJP is really a “Tennessee guy” now, then he’ll have no issue agreeing to it.

Reactions: JacketVol
I’m was just flat out impressed with Burrow’s accuracy all over the field. I think that’s something you can’t teach, and I bet Sean Payton wishes he could draft him to plug in after Brees.
He is weirdly good..It is crazy how he has never shown this till this year..kind of makes you think some kind of focus drug may have been used or something..🤷‍♂️

If that is so we need some Pryvanse or Adderall for JG stat..

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Most teams didn't want Jennings as QB. Tennessee promised him a chance there because that's what he wanted, but he was expected to play either WR or safety. His evaluation was more as an athlete.
And it’s not like Butch PASSED on Burrow...we were never a factor for him. Ohio State lands these kids year in and year out.

Reactions: utcuda
Real talk, you know what I don't understand and why I personally give Brady more credit than Burrow for the offensive success of LSU this season. He turned the WR group ELITE in a single off-season.

Brady is the Passing Game Coordinator & WR coach.

LSU WRs in 2019 - 283 receptions, 4653 yards, 56 TDs
LSU WRs in 2018 - 171 receptions, 2469 yards, 15 TDs

I’d have a hard time arguing with that top 4. I think this year’s LSU team beats 04 USC.
I just don't see any of those teams even slowing 95 Nebraska down very much...especially not this years LSU team...LSU would have gotten points, but the Cornroiders would have scythed through that defense like butter.

I think Kirk Cousins at best. I'm astonished that no NFL teams called Joe Brady.
Maybe so. Impossible to really know with QBs. I think Brady is getting a little too much love tbh. Not that he doesn’t deserve credit but now it’s obvious burrow was a late bloomer and a generational QB. They have a lot of air raid concepts so maybe that’s why.

I just don't see any of those teams even slowing 95 Nebraska down very much...especially not this years LSU team...LSU would have gotten points, but the Cornroiders would have scythed through that defense like butter.
People too young to have witnessed it need to YouTube that Fla game. Well oiled machine. They beat hell out of us twice during that era

LSU 20 is absolutely the best offense CFB has ever seen, but Nebraska 95 is the best TEAM ever. LSU 20's defense wasn't that special.
You do know that 95 Nebraska averaged 53 points a game...right? Just because everybody else gets blinded by throwing stats.. I don't. That offense was a machine, and it wasn't entirely dependent on one cog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back