JG 2020

Can you please explain to me how he is going to improve on not throwing behind the reciever and anticipating the WR break as well as leading a reciever when that is basic QB skills taught at a JR high level? He couldn't do it then, and cant now. How much longer do we have to suffer for him to get "it"?

Because another year of learning the system combined with another year of the coaches knowing what they're working with will allow them to craft an ideal scheme around JG's game. This combined with his experience and 2nd year in the system and a fantastic offensive line will lead to exactly what you mentioned. 31 TD's 11 INT's, I'm calling it here. That will be JG's numbers next season.

Reactions: Lilcarl731
Because another year of learning the system combined with another year of the coaches knowing what they're working with will allow them to craft an ideal scheme around JG's game. This combined with his experience and 2nd year in the system and a fantastic offensive line will lead to exactly what you mentioned. 31 TD's 11 INT's, I'm calling it here. That will be JG's numbers next season.
Tell your Doctor you need to change meds because of delirium episodes.

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
Its not the system its his basic QB skills that are the issue...JG himself said in the spring he have never been more comfortable in an offense...so it's not the system..its his accuracy and vision or lack of both

Its not the system its his basic QB skills that are the issue...JG himself said in the spring he have never been more comfortable in an offense...so it's not the system..its his accuracy and vision or lack of both
Well maybe he'll get contacts and his vision will improve.
Needs a new brain.

If no one outplays him, we'll be thankful we had him instead of someone inferior just like we were this year.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

Learning Chaney's "system" is not like trying to become fluent in Mandarin in 3 months. You are talking about a near life-long football player here who was a RS junior in 2019, not some guy off the street with no concept of football.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
"Your Honor, my client, VolforFootball, would like to enter a plea of Not Guilty By Reason of Mental Impairment."

I think people are taking JG and his experience for granted. I believe he’ll be TN’s QB and leader for the 2020 campaign, and will cement his legacy as one of UT’s greatest QB’s (based on stats and growth as a player).

JG struggled adapted to a new offense, which he was forced to do throughout his career thus far. But after a year in the system, and the experience he’s gained, I feel like JG will be among the leading QB’s in the SEC next season, and will even be mentioned in the heisman discussions a few times.

I've been in JG's corner simply because he's been the Coaches choice. I also believe he gave us the best chance to win games this past year. On the other hand, if you are watching the championship game you can see what type of a QB it takes to win Championships. There is two playing tonight.

I think it would be in the best interest of the program if he won the position next year. His intangibles, in addition to his talent, make him the best possible choice.

At this point, I’m really confused. It’s in the programs best interest to find someone that can compete with the higher tier of the sec. JG has proven repeatedly he is middle of the road at best. His intangibles are exactly the thing that makes the majority here hope and wish someone else beats him out this off season. JG has peaked, lacks vision, lacks reading defenses, lacks speed, lacks consistency, lacks being able to time a throw or lead a receiver. It goes on and on. If you want better than 6-8 wins and if you want better than only beating the bottom of the sec, then you should also want someone to step up at the QB position.

We have an opportunity—right now—to be gold again. With this offensive line. We’ve got a legit shot to be good. If we start Guarantano, we will not be good.

That game this year against Florida. Against Kentucky. Vandy. Alabama. That’s what we’ve got with Guarantano. Time to realize when you’ve got a losing hand, fold it, and move on.

Reactions: Lilcarl731
At this point, I’m really confused. It’s in the programs best interest to find someone that can compete with the higher tier of the sec. JG has proven repeatedly he is middle of the road at best. His intangibles are exactly the thing that makes the majority here hope and wish someone else beats him out this off season. JG has peaked, lacks vision, lacks reading defenses, lacks speed, lacks consistency, lacks being able to time a throw or lead a receiver. It goes on and on. If you want better than 6-8 wins and if you want better than only beating the bottom of the sec, then you should also want someone to step up at the QB position.

Middle of the Road?

No way.

He’s been BAD. A negative. I Think he’s gotten many of the reps that could have better prepared a replacement.

Use the multitude of talent we are guaranteed to have for the next 2 seasons and turn over reigns to Bailey and let’s build to make a run in 2021. JG has one season left and we ain’t going to magically win the SEC with him. Let’s build around the guys that have 2-3 years left. If anything, tonight’s two teams showed that. Both offenses basically played their last 2 seasons together. We can’t roll out a raw QB in 2021.

No, it wasn’t JG. Could he have been better? Sure. But he still threw for 300+ yards...where’s the complaint about the defense giving up 200+ rushing yards? Or Chandler “fumbling” aka dropping a simple swing route to begin the game. It’s multiple things, a lot of you guys (not all) like to put all of the blame on JG, and that’s not fair, or right.
Yes. It simply was. He couldn't keep the O on the field. He set a young D up to fail. Guys like you spent a lot of time blaming the OL or WR's over the past 3 years. Well, they were playing well from the start of the year. Not perfect but you can't complain about the protection or production of the WR's when given an opportunity.

Pruitt SPECIFICALLY cited poor QB play as the reason they were not 4-1 going into the UGA game. JG was replaced though Pruitt really didn't want to do it because he was ineffective.

He wasn't the only one to do something poorly or make bad plays. But the others played as you would expect based on their experience and development. JG did not... by a long shot.

JG is a horrible QB. Anyone who actually played sports growing up can see this. He is unfixable. Great kid but who cares not good enough. To me the PT JG gets makes me question Pruitt. Some will disagree don’t care. Play the youth and get JG the hell out of TN. I can’t watch another season people don’t realize how much he held us back. don’t waste these great athletes giving their all for TN with a slow thinking/runnin yankee. I could beat JG to the mailbox so just stop it. He’s tough he’s tough...he has to be because he has no pocket presence or peripheral vision!
to me BM should be our starter unless HB can beat him out. 8 wins is all JG would ever be good for and doesn’t have the God given ability to lead us to a victory of florida/Georgia/Alabama. I speak nothing but the TRUTH in love. If you disagree with anything in this post you are an idiot

Reactions: TennesseeVol2006
JG is a horrible QB. Anyone who actually played sports growing up can see this. He is unfixable. Great kid but who cares not good enough. To me the PT JG gets makes me question Pruitt. Some will disagree don’t care. Play the youth and get JG the hell out of TN. I can’t watch another season people don’t realize how much he held us back. don’t waste these great athletes giving their all for TN with a slow thinking/runnin yankee. I could beat JG to the mailbox so just stop it. He’s tough he’s tough...he has to be because he has no pocket presence or peripheral vision!
to me BM should be our starter unless HB can beat him out. 8 wins is all JG would ever be good for and doesn’t have the God given ability to lead us to a victory of florida/Georgia/Alabama. I speak nothing but the TRUTH in love. If you disagree with anything in this post you are an idiot
I take it you don't have a career in diplomacy nor possess simple manners.:rolleyes:

Reactions: irish1485
Maurer 2020, you do realize we will be taking a step down at WR next season, correct?

Not sure why people don’t see this.

For some reason, people think JG will do the following next year because he’s another year in Chaney’s system:

1- breakout and beat his career averages of less than 200 passing yards per game / less than 2 TD’s per game

2- breakout when we will be losing 3 of our 4 top receiving targets to graduation

3- breakout and beat teams that we have notoriously lost to by big margins in games he started

After 4 years in school and 2.5 seasons of starting, the guy isn’t breaking his biggest habits.

I sense great alcohol/drug use in your post. Get the help you need. GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back