'20 TN WR Holden Willis (USF commit)

Why would this staff offer a kid like HW a PWO if there’s little intent on investing in him to eventually placing him on scholarship? They know he has SOs elsewhere so if there’s minimal integrity for the PWO why bother? Is he going to get the same practice reps or are UT coaches going to give him the same amount of their time as the kids on scholarship? If he can’t get a full ride from the school he’s dreamed his entire life of playing for then maybe like De1 is saying he should go where he has a full ride? I personally feel he’s plenty talented, skilled, and physical enough to be on scholarship at UT but it doesn’t matter what I think as I’m not responsible for the program.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
To surmise, we’ve learned today that no random message board poster can “promise” a roster move will or will not happen. 😏
If that is what you got from that, then stay in your lane, which is not advanced knowledge of the inner workings of college football.

If that is what you got from that, then stay in your lane, which is not advanced knowledge of the inner workings of college football.
This whole board’s my lane. Hot wind’s in aisle 14.

No to both of your first two questions and I still know what’s involved in a PWO offer. You gonna football shame us on how to properly wear a jock strap next?
I cannot believe this thread is getting bumped repeatedly for a player who is not getting a scholly from us.

It would really blow up if he did get a scholly from us! Hey the kid’s a hometown hero, what do you expect, and he’s a MaxPreps 1st team All American!
Maybe he gets a PWO and earns a scholly later but from everything I’m hearing on VN he is not a take in this year’s class. My last post on this thread.

It would really blow up if he did get a scholly from us! Hey the kid’s a hometown hero, what do you expect, and he’s a MaxPreps 1st team All American!

I get the local love but if he’s even half decent why doesn’t he have more offers? Just doesn’t make sense that ACC or other non SEC schools wouldn’t offer.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
This thread has been educational. It has identified a new xpurt and another member of the thread police....

Reactions: butchna
There’s always the possibility he would be offered a blue shirt. CJP knows he needs to upgrade this roster and he needs quality numbers to create better competition to compete at a higher level in the SEC.
Blueshirt is an immediate scholarship...not happening.

Sounds like people are up in arms over him getting a PWO offer vs scholarship. I trust Pruitt and his staff to offer who they EVALUATE and determine would be a good fit for the team. If they are offering him any sort of avenue to be on the team, they want him.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
But if it’s between student loans or free education at a major university why not take the free education... student loans are a huge problem for many people
The decision, though, is often a good degree vs a near useless degree. Sure you can get a scholly at D3 Mcneese Southern Christian College. But what is that degree's lifetime value vs a Vandy, UT, UF degree? Long-term value is important. A degree from Phoenix University means nothing to employers.

The decision, though, is often a good degree vs a near useless degree. Sure you can get a scholly at D3 Mcneese Southern Christian College. But what is that degree's lifetime value vs a Vandy, UT, UF degree? Long-term value is important. A degree from Phoenix University means nothing to employers.
Two 2 yr degrees from Blountville U = one 4 yr degree from Phoenix U ?

Asking for a friend.....

Reactions: Devo182
Sounds like people are up in arms over him getting a PWO offer vs scholarship. I trust Pruitt and his staff to offer who they EVALUATE and determine would be a good fit for the team. If they are offering him any sort of avenue to be on the team, they want him.

There are so many possibilities in this situation. MIGHT it be that the staff have sold an opportunity to be a Vol contributor after a year of development and combine that with his unique proximity to all facilities he could take a SHIRT of some color, and go on scholly after the first of the year. Full time? Part time? Play or not play this year are variables that would dictate some elements of the agreement. IF this is appealing to him and his family and their required investment is acceptable then it is a win win. Although it is possible I live close enough to have encountered him in local establishments, I do not know the kid and therefore do not know the ORANGENESS of his heart and if taking a better financial deal at a lower level program wins out at the kitchen table. He has options and I hope he is happy with his final decision at the conclusion of his playing career.

There are so many possibilities in this situation. MIGHT it be that the staff have sold an opportunity to be a Vol contributor after a year of development and combine that with his unique proximity to all facilities he could take a SHIRT of some color, and go on scholly after the first of the year. Full time? Part time? Play or not play this year are variables that would dictate some elements of the agreement. IF this is appealing to him and his family and their required investment is acceptable then it is a win win. Although it is possible I live close enough to have encountered him in local establishments, I do not know the kid and therefore do not know the ORANGENESS of his heart and if taking a better financial deal at a lower level program wins out at the kitchen table. He has options and I hope he is happy with his final decision at the conclusion of his playing career.

I don’t think Pruitt is ceremoniously trying to find a spot for him without thinking he could help in the future. With that said, I think there are kids this staff is targeting that will be 1-2 year development players that could potentially redshirt year 1 but still play in some games while preserving the redshirt. All while the main focus of their first 12-18 months on the team will be S&C and playbook learning. This kid is likely to be a 4 year player. I trust this staff, and this kid should too, that the likes of Jim Chaney and Tee Martin can develop him into a great receiver in terms of being a big contributor and nfl prospect after a couple of years of time in the program.

Maybe he gets a PWO and earns a scholly later but from everything I’m hearing on VN he is not a take in this year’s class. My last post on this thread.
Fail1.jpg

Reactions: UTSuave’

VN Store

Back