'20 TX OG Kyree Miller

This guy needs to be a vol if the coaching staff is wanting him to wait... then doesn’t that mean they are filling his spot tomorrow? Why push him to February doesn’t that just give other teams a chance?

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Hope this doesn’t turn out like the last time a giant offensive lineman didn’t sign with us at the last minute. Orlando Brown did pretty well at OU.
OB was 6'8 338

Miller is 6'4 370

Fwiw "huge guys" out of HS are not optimal. Research shows you typically want a guy in a decent weight range for his height, with a FRAME to add good weight in a college program (college S&C programs are designed to specialize in adding good weight, not cutting). This also allows the guy to more likely be a multisport HS athlete, which is an important correlator in future football success.

Reactions: sport3500
OB was 6'8 338

Miller is 6'4 370

Fwiw "huge guys" out of HS are not optimal. Research shows you typically want a guy in a decent weight range for his height, with a FRAME to add good weight in a college program (college S&C programs are designed to specialize in adding good weight, not cutting). This also allows the guy to be more likely to be a multisport HS athlete, which is an important correlator in future football success.
6’8”, 338 lbs is not huge?

I feel for the kid. Most likely this is the staff asking him to wait, which means his spot is in jeopardy. On our end, you have to take the best kids you can, but on his end, he's stayed committed and seems to want to be a Vol. I'd love for him to find a way into the class, but not at the expense of turning away a better player.

I feel for the kid. Most likely this is the staff asking him to wait, which means his spot is in jeopardy. On our end, you have to take the best kids you can, but on his end, he's stayed committed and seems to want to be a Vol. I'd love for him to find a way into the class, but not at the expense of turning away a better player.

Has anyone got any information about this guys academic status. if he is clear that would be good to know. I have not found any inference that the staff evaluation about him has changed, so I wonder if he could be needing another test score or grades update to project. Would not surprise me if he does not end up in this class as planned.

OB was 6'8 338

Miller is 6'4 370

Fwiw "huge guys" out of HS are not optimal. Research shows you typically want a guy in a decent weight range for his height, with a FRAME to add good weight in a college program (college S&C programs are designed to specialize in adding good weight, not cutting). This also allows the guy to more likely be a multisport HS athlete, which is an important correlator in future football success.
Did Butch tell you that?

Did Butch tell you that?
Nah, modern research says playing multiple sports is a great indicator. The Athletic has had multiple articles about the services Pruitt uses to identify prospects and they verify speed, track results, weight, strength, etc and rate players. They heavily favor multisport kids. It is simply a known factor at this point.

The fact that college S&C programs are built to add good weight, not shed bad weight is just that.

Recruiting anomalous size just for that sake is not a great means to an end. And now you see...Miller, the biggest guy in the class, isn't even a take it appears. No surprise.

Last edited:
Thought he decommitted or “reopened his recruitment”
He said he was extending his recruitment until Feb, but I didn’t see that he officially decommitted. I assumed he was asked to delay signing as UT continues to evaluate other options. Pruitt and Friend did an in-home in early December and Chaney visited his school the week before that. I am curious to see how this one ends.

Tennessee is his best offer right? Not saying it’s fair but I would definitely hold out for us until we say no. Regardless, I want him because I think he’d be a perfect player to redshirt and throw in the S&C for 18 months.

VN Store

Back