EG's cuts.

FlipVol87

I dont know about the rest of volnation but just watching Mr. Gray make his cuts in traffic... The guy almost sits downs in his ankles to make 90 degree plus cuts... You could see it all year he was just one step away. I guess it was the rain or the fact that it was candy? Maybe the game slowed down just enough and he explodes for a school record. Folks with the addition of Cade Mays, Trey coming back, and the rest of those big uglies. I foresee a school rushing record being broken! I'll sit back and listen to comments. This is my first thread but a long time lurker.

I dont know about the rest of volnation but just watching Mr. Gray make his cuts in traffic... The guy almost sits downs in his ankles to make 90 degree plus cuts... You could see it all year he was just one step away. I guess it was the rain or the fact that it was candy? Maybe the game slowed down just enough and he explodes for a school record. Folks with the addition of Cade Mays, Trey coming back, and the rest of those big uglies. I foresee a school rushing record being broken! I'll sit back and listen to comments. This is my first thread but a long time lurker.
Definitely a possibility. Alot depends on him staying healthy and the Ol staying healthy.He definitely has some ability and will only get better with more playing time.

Definitely a possibility. Alot depends on him staying healthy and the Ol staying healthy.He definitely has some ability and will only get better with more playing time.
My thoughts exactly but they dont seem to worry me as much as with the previous staff.

Reactions: RollerVol
He progressed nicely as the year went on. In the beginning of the year you could tell he had some HS habits trying to make too many moves. He's turned into more of a north-south runner
Bingo...In hs he could get away with making multiple cuts during a run.College and beyond it's one cut and go.Plus he will learn to be more patient before planting his foot and making that cut.

Bingo...In hs he could get away with making multiple cuts during a run.College and beyond it's one cut and go.Plus he will learn to be more patient before planting his foot and making that cut.
Adjusting to game speed was critical. I'm glad he made the propper adjustment!

He progressed nicely as the year went on. In the beginning of the year you could tell he had some HS habits trying to make too many moves. He's turned into more of a north-south runner

Well said and solid observation. Sometimes you have not worry about being fancy and just pick up a few hard earned yards. He has potential

Here again, as has been stated about our Mr. Gray, the same can be applied to Mr. Henry. Had to adjust to game speed from college to pros and learned to take what is available or in his case, just take what he wants (as you say).
Henry is fun to watch since he is not playing for the team wearing those butt ugly crimson uniforms. 😁

Here again, as has been stated about our Mr. Gray, the same can be applied to Mr. Henry. Had to adjust to game speed from college to pros and learned to take what is available or in his case, just take what he wants (as you say).
Alright folks this is Volnation not Titanworld.. It is a great reference for EG to be mentioned in the same sentence as King Henry but I think we can all agree on the obvious. This thread was not intended for former Bammers...

Far too many fans overlook the fact that Gray was averaging under four yards per carry prior to the Vandy game. His bowl performance suggests that the Vandy game wasn't a complete aberration, but I'm still not convinced that he surpasses Chandler on the depth chart. I don't foresee any individual rushing records being broken given this staff's tendency to rotate backs. However, if the line plays to its potential - assuming Mays wins his appeal - then both Chandler and Gray may gain between 800 and 900 yards with maybe another 300 to 400 from Jordan. Chandler finished this season with 655, and Gray had 539. I don't think it's unreasonable to add a couple hundred to that, but it's probably just wishful thinking.

Far too many fans overlook the fact that Gray was averaging under four yards per carry prior to the Vandy game. His bowl performance suggests that the Vandy game wasn't a complete aberration, but I'm still not convinced that he surpasses Chandler on the depth chart. I don't foresee any individual rushing records being broken given this staff's tendency to rotate backs. However, if the line plays to its potential - assuming Mays wins his appeal - then both Chandler and Gray may gain between 800 and 900 yards with maybe another 300 to 400 from Jordan. Chandler finished this season with 655, and Gray had 539. I don't think it's unreasonable to add a couple hundred to that, but it's probably just wishful thinking.
They play the hot hand and when have you ever seen Ty get hot gtfo..

Was sitting in YY9 for that game, so had a straight on view. The holes made by the OL were massive. Gray still had to make 1 guy miss on his long runs, but it was the best OL performance I've seen since at least 2008.

Was sitting in YY9 for that game, so had a straight on view. The holes made by the OL were massive. Gray still had to make 1 guy miss on his long runs, but it was the best OL performance I've seen since at least 2008.
2008? Imma say 2001 Travis Stevens draining the swamp. Best performance I've ever seen by a Vol oline.

YOU DONT ACTUALLY WATCH FOOTBALL DO YOU?

OH and those cuts were in reference to the BYU game.

Combination of a lot of things. The opponents were slow and he is exceptionally quick. To be consistently effective though he has to develop physically and run with power. He is much too easy to tackle.

VN Store

Back