The Official Tennessee vs. South Carolina Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your talking about the Martin that made it to the final 4 a couple of years ago aren't you?

No he means Cuonzo Martin.

But then again, Frank Martin's Final Four team is the only year he's done great at SC, and he certainly hasn't followed up on it.

Really need to rethink the offense Pons and Bowden shoot 24 times and only make 1 shot. I think James and Vescovi need more of those attempts. Easy win if they make 6 of 24 but at least a win and hope we don't see anything like this the rest of the season done saw this twice and this was the worst of the two.

Fulkerson has to get more touches and more shots.

This will require him to gain position more/better....,.but needs to be done......higher % shots, plus takes pressure off the guards to shoot so many shots.

Vescovi only 2 of 6 but he had 13 points on 6 shots which is terrific. James 4 of 7 a good day for him. Bowden 6 points on 17 shots terrible.

Reactions: ArdentVol
it was a win. but it still confounds me how kids can get to this level and can not shoot the ball . but then again a lotof them move on and get paid and can't shoot either, so what do I know 🙄

Reactions: KBVol
Well I praised Bowden last game. Won’t happen this game. Wow. 1-17 is atrocious. And that last attempt was not senior”esque “. Almost costed us the game. Thank you Fulky!!

Reactions: tnvols72
Fulkerson has to get more touches and more shots.

This will require him to gain position more/better....,.but needs to be done......higher % shots, plus takes pressure off the guards to shoot so many shots.
Agree. But, obviously, Fulky struggles to get consistent low post position because of his slight frame. Kid works so hard, is worn out by the end of the game, because of how he gets tossed around while trying to establish position. Really needed another 15-20 pounds coming into this season.

Pember I know was beat off the dribble when we had 8 point lead. He did however score 5 big points when he should be redshirting. He has a bright future as well.

As many have opined on this forum, he needs to bulk up or somehow get more quick-footed and athletic. He just isn’t a solid SEC minute-earner at this point.

Lol dude is a role player and we all just need to expect that moving forward. If he gives us some big games that will be great but I will not be expecting anything from him the rest of the season except for the occasional 3 pointer.

Reactions: KBVol
it was a win. but it still confounds me how kids can get to this level and can not shoot the ball . but then again a lotof them move on and get paid and can't shoot either, so what do I know 🙄

In high school, these guys can get whatever shot they want. It’s a step up in college and NBA. Guys are longer, quicker, and can close out better. Just have to practice and improve.

I don't think the NCAA is gonna approve Plavsic to play this season, but if they did would be a game changer for the Vols. If we had that big body inside would really send us to top tier the SEC

Reactions: ArdentVol
Yeah, gotta keep letting them shoot out of it. Not going anywhere if they don't so, have to keep letting Bowden and all shoot. No better options, at this point.
Would generally agree, but at some point, gotta limit shot opportunities for the guys who continually shoot an abysmal percentage and, conversely, give the green light to and run plays for the guys who more consistently making shots. I know, it’s “duh”, it’s obvious, but if Bowden keeps shooting historically bad like this, he’s gotta see his shot attempts limited. For crying out loud, he’s had games of 1-7, 2-12, 2-13, 1-12 and 1-18 in the last month.....that’s 7-62 from the field, 11.3% from the field. At some point, you can no longer give him the green light to shoot if he continues hurting the team like this.

Reactions: kayman1
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back