Quarterback

Which qb realistically gives us the best shot to win games in 2020?

• Jarrett Guarantano

Votes: 132 22.8%
  • Harrison Bailey

Votes: 329 56.7%
  • Kasim Hill

Votes: 61 10.5%
  • Brian Maurer

Votes: 134 23.1%
  • JT Shrout

Votes: 22 3.8%

• Total voters
I'm not going to say who I think will start, but I do hope Cheney puts in a package of plays that features Holliday. His speed should be a good change-up for D's to prepare for. I think Saban is planning on something like that with the new QB he just signed. ( DT QB)[/QUOTE

I agree, Holiday, with his speed could be very hard to defend.

JG starts game 1(assuming he’s still around), game 2 will see JG, Hill and Maurer get playing time. Game 3 Hill takes over and never looks back. Bailey plays in a few select games and redshirts, Maurer hits the portal and Shrout is just happy getting free Nike gear and having a hot girlfriend.

If JG transfers, Hill starts game 1, Maurer plays some. By game 4 Bailey takes over and the rest is history, Maurer hits the portal and Shrout still has the hot girlfriend.

GBO!!
Zero chance Hill is going to be the starting QB

If Pruitt/Chaney keep #2 around until fall, we are screwed! It will be the biggest mistake of his coaching tenure! There’s no way he should see the field again at Tennessee! Thanks #2 for being tough but it’s time to move forward!

I'm sure Coach Pruitt is thankful for your advice, I mean you knowing more than him and Chaney

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
If the team looks like the real Tennessee team, we may get to see Bailey play some in that first game. And Furman is the third game ... but if he were to be the one we must depend upon for Oklahoma and Florida, then we are probably no better than 2-2 at that point.

Some of you really need to get real on this. Do you want to win games or just see someone other than JG start?

Peyton Manning did not start his first, second, third or fourth games as a Freshman and he would not have started that year had the two QB's in front of him not been injured.

If JG starts then we are no better than 2-2. At this point in his career there doesn't appear to be much upside remaining. The "hope" is with young QBs you have a lot of growth potential and at least one that doesn't crack against inferior competition.

I think Pruitt and JG will have a serious conversation this spring. If JG stays then he too has made significant improvement like the young guys and it's not that he knows the offense or checks better. There are just too many options to get fascinated by a guy that provides many more disappointments than successes and have people complaining it's other position groups fault.

I don't like continually responding to these JG threads but I will give my opinion from time to time. That Indiana game should not have been close. I'm afraid with JG this is what we will see in 2020 with the occasional South Carolina or Missouri performance.

I just can't see Bailey being in a position to help us compete against OU or FU in the early part of the season. Hoping another option transfers in and Bailey can apprentice under him.

Dan Marino, Rob Calabrese, Jameis Winston, E.J. Manuel, J.T. Barrett, Braxton Miller, Cardale Jones, Josh Rosen, Jalen Hurts, Jake Fromm, Tua Tagovailoa, Jeffrey Godfrey, Landry Jones, Troy Aikman, Keith Jackson, Peyton Manning, Todd Helton, Philip Rivers, Kevin Kolb, Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, Terrelle Pryor, Robert Griffin, Robert Griffin III, Tommie Frazier, Chad Henne, Eric Zeier, John Bond, Cale Gundy, Casey Clausen, Matthew Stafford
Idc enough to separate redshirts
I don't know about most of these, but I've heard Jameis talk about the effort he put into learning during his redshirt year, and how it helped him be successful playing in year two.

Reactions: irish1485
Thats the way pulaski scrambles. Just keep him going and like his hero he will trip over his own feet
He’s a JG guy? Look, I sincerely hope JG comes back and lights up the SEC next season. I’m rooting for the kid and have never done any different, he’s a Vol, why wouldn’t I? I have criticized him in the past however, and I just don’t think he has what it takes to lead this team to where we need to be. I have zero idea of what “it” is though. With everything that has happened to the kid, the death threats (imo is absolutely ridiculous that a “grown up” would threaten a kid over a sport) and the constant bashing, I wouldn’t blame the kid for transferring, nor would I hold it against him! I just don’t think he will finish the season as our starter next year, whether that be due to transfer, Maurer, Hill, Bailey or whatever the reason.
GBO!!

Fans who are crowning HB as the clear QB to lead us into 2020 are the same fans that embarrass the fan base after guaranteeing 10 wins and losing their minds when we don’t win the SEC every year. You can’t put unrealistic expectations on a team or an unproven true freshman QB. Give the kid time to develop. He threw to multiple D1 WR’s in High School. The talent that he is about to face on defense now is a totally new ball game. I hope he is named the starter as well but only bc that means the coaches are clearly confident in him. Not bc of delusional fans that are already convinced he’s the second coming of Peyton. Let’s pump the breaks. We just beat IU by 1 point.

Fans who are crowning HB as the clear QB to lead us into 2020 are the same fans that embarrass the fan base after guaranteeing 10 wins and losing their minds when we don’t win the SEC every year. You can’t put unrealistic expectations on a team or an unproven true freshman QB. Give the kid time to develop. He threw to multiple D1 WR’s in High School. The talent that he is about to face on defense now is a totally new ball game. I hope he is named the starter as well but only bc that means the coaches are clearly confident in him. Not bc of delusional fans that are already convinced he’s the second coming of Peyton. Let’s pump the breaks. We just beat IU by 1 point.
This is no time to pump the breaks because there is damn good reason to be excited about the 2020 season. I see no reason why Tennessee can't win 9 games.

I’m not saying we can’t win 9 games. I think that’s a realistic expectation. Defense should continue to improve and we have some nice transfers. However we have 1 experienced WR returning that’s been a starter. I’m saying you can’t legitimately expect HB to come in and be the clear starter when the kid hasn’t thrown a pass yet much less even put the pads on for his first collegiate practice.

VN Store

Back