We Actually Have John Currie To Thank...

AstonRoyal

...for all of our recent wins!

Think about it, if he doesn't epically muck up that whole coaching hire we don't bring back Fulmer and hire Pruitt.

We probably would've had to settle for some C level coach who only had possible head coaching experience going for them, like that dude from North Carolina State or Leach

I mean it's not like Pruitt was at the top of our list, or anybody else's list, at the time.

So thanks for failing at your job John!

giphy.gif

Think about it, if he doesn't epically muck up that whole coaching hire we don't bring back Fulmer and hire Pruitt.

We probably would've had to settle for some C level coach who only had possible head coaching experience going for them, like that dude from North Carolina State or Leach

I mean it's not like Pruitt was at the top of our list, or anybody else's list, at the time.

What are you talking about, we would be beginning The Pirates third season and JG would have broken every passing record at UT!

Reactions: Purple Tiger

source.gif

Davenport fell on the sword for the entire football program saying without saying fk the Haslams

Fulmer carried the torch after her dismissal.

John Currie is a higher level snake oil salesmen

on one hand I wholeheartedly agree with this.....but on the other hand, she does get credit for hiring him even though JH most likely did it.
so I don't know how much credit should be given for putting out the fire that she gets credit for starting.....but very thankful she had the sense to listen to someone and hire the right guy for the situation.

John Currie will always be,
Captain Funny Socks to me.

Good Ole Rocky Top,
Rocky Top Tennessee!

It was funny listening to Wake Forest AD John Currie on the Wake Forest pregame show before the Pinstripe Bowl talking about the athletic tradition of Wake Forest and how they expect to contend for conference championships every season:D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: Remy

lawd.gif

Good lord! I need some salt and mustard to go with that mental pretzel!

Reactions: Purple Tiger

While I don't want to be that guy but I guess I will--- Pruitt not being at the top of anybody's list is just not accurate. He was on several head coaching list. And had an offer or two that he turned down. I guess to play semantics MAYBE he wasn't at the top of the list for tons of folks. I'm just glad he was at the TOP OF OUR LIST.

Hiring the San Francisco man hater, bugger picking Jimmy Cheek, and slick shoe salesman Hamilton greased the skids downward for athletics. These people had zero interest in winning championships. Currie, Davenport and Jones were just extensions of the incompetence in the administration. Fulmer warned about not getting administration support during his demise and I took it as his excuse for losing. But his words make more sense looking back and our present athletic progress. We have had to endure Butch, Donnie, Konzo, Holly and other losers during this period. I hope we are in for better times.

Soooooo......how much longer till the season starts? (Off season threads are in full swing)

VN Store

Back