'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

Looks like you found our next QB.
nope..........here he is
source.gif

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
yep. plenty of reason to be excited about our QB room. still just a lot of potential today though. but that's ok. i'm putting a lot of stock in to year 2 of Jim Chaney, for all the returning QB's and HB is as close to ready as you can probably get for an incoming freshman.

so like i said, i expect the competition to be legit.....
I'm excited to see JG get a second year in a system for the first time ever. Hard to assume he's reached his ceiling when he's never had the system consistency to do that. Most of his issues can be improved with being more comfortable in a system. I'm really excited about HB and will not be surprised if he wins the job, but I'm not gonna assume that if he doesn't it's because he's not living up to the hype or that we're screwed having to rely on JG. This staff has proven they can develop. If JG wins the job there's a good chance it's because he has progressed and grown comfortable in the system. Also, now I have to OCD pic myself for falling into this trap.

1578668924575.png

lol that looks like all of our WR's not named Cager or Pickens. I'm still amazed that Landers and Simmons started at UGA. Attrition or not, its still not a good look.
I still wouldn’t be surprised if we trot JG out there next season. If we get decent QB play I think we can beat 1 of OU, UGA, UF, and Bama. I’m not sure which of those teams but my gut says in order of who we have the best shot at I’d go OU UGA BAMA UF. I’m not ready to assume UGA will take some massive step back this season especially since y’all are so strong on defense. OU will have a freshman QB. Bama is still Bama, and as far as UF goes they can field their cheerleaders and there’s a good chance we find a way to lose

I still wouldn’t be surprised if we trot JG out there next season. If we get decent QB play I think we can beat 1 of OU, UGA, UF, and Bama. I’m not sure which of those teams but my gut says in order of who we have the best shot at I’d go OU UGA BAMA UF. I’m not ready to assume UGA will take some massive step back this season especially since y’all are so strong on defense. OU will have a freshman QB. Bama is still Bama, and as far as UF goes they can field their cheerleaders and there’s a good chance we find a way to lose

OU would be the weakest of those four IMO because their D is not on the same level as UGA, UF, or Bama.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
Would be surprising for me to see y’all with JG considering how good Maurer looked. Hard to determine how any team will look next year without knowing who’ll be there and what, if any, changes are made. UGA, UF, and UT all have questions that won’t be answered for a while. UF and their run game, UGA replacing their starters on offense and possibly changing offensive philosophy, and UT replacing WR’s and possible QB change. Should be the most competitive the SEC has been in a while with Bama and LSU changing QB’s as well. lol unfortunately we’re about to have to wait an entire offseason and it’s just starting.

Also ready for Leach vs Kiffin at SEC media days. Should be entertaining.

Would be surprising for me to see y’all with JG considering how good Maurer looked. Hard to determine how any team will look next year without knowing who’ll be there and what, if any, changes are made. UGA, UF, and UT all have questions that won’t be answered for a while. UF and their run game, UGA replacing their starters on offense and possibly changing offensive philosophy, and UT replacing WR’s and possible QB change. Should be the most competitive the SEC has been in a while with Bama and LSU changing QB’s as well. lol unfortunately we’re about to have to wait an entire offseason and it’s just starting.

How good Maurer looked? yeah, you definitely didn't watch our games

Can we just organize a VN meetup where we can all air our grievances with each other fight club style? The 1st annual Rocky Top Rumble sponsored by @Freak and VN. Would be good entertainment.
I tried to do this a couple weeks ago. Couldn't gain any traction.

Just saw him against UGA. Kid was dropping dimes against us. Would think another off season with Chaney would have him ready to go. Bailey also has a ton of potential.

yeah that was the anomaly... later in the season he would throw straight into double and triple coverage. I'm not sure why our fans are enthralled with him over JG.

Reactions: AppStVol
Would rather have Gibbs than this kid.

You all are going to be pleasantly surprised by Jabari Small.

I did. UT should have an excellent line next year. My biggest question is how did Pittman get Cade to commit to UGA in the first place after his dad lost his pinky? Was Butch so bad that ppl are willing to lose body parts to go elsewhere?
Yes

yeah that was the anomaly... later in the season he would throw straight into double and triple coverage. I'm not sure why our fans are enthralled with him over JG.

For me its simple. If a QB throws into coverage and makes poor decisions too often (FR mistakes). I don't want that to be a 4th year JR. Pruitt and Chaney were forced to play Maurer for that reason. JG looked like a FR 4 games into the year. He did rebound after that and played better but he also reverted back for a majority of the bowl game.

The bright side is we will have competition at that spot from now til next fall. That wasnt the case last year. JG was handed the job because it should have been his spot and the guys behind him were not ready.

If JG can't shake the FR moments he probably wont get a second or third chance this coming year. If he wins the job.

VN Store

Back