'18 TN OL/DL Cade Mays (Transfer)

Agreed, pass protection was much better this season. However, run blocking left a lot to be desired.

Run blocking wasn't that good because we didn't have a back start breaking out and seeing the holes till Gray. Jordan and Chandler just run into piles. One makes the other look good.

Run blocking wasn't that good because we didn't have a back start breaking out and seeing the holes till Gray. Jordan and Chandler just run into piles. One makes the other look good.
We didn’t have a deep passing threat either. It’s a lot easier for safeties to cheat up in the run game when your QB severely underthrows every single deep ball.

i didnt like it when he went to Ga but hey if it worked out to come back home ..Im all IN ...

Morris - LT
T Smith - LG
Kennedy - C -
Wright - RG
Mays - RT

Reserves - Calbert, Carvin, Locklear, Ackporogne , Mays and other frosh !!!

YEA !!!!

We didn’t have a deep passing threat either. It’s a lot easier for safeties to cheat up in the run game when your QB severely underthrows every single deep ball.

This. The box is crowded. HB should open the run a bit.

And I'm not sure I buy the run blocking hate. They moved the pile far more often this year than before. The Bama game being a fine example of that. Previous OLs wouldn't have done that.

i didnt like it when he went to Ga but hey if it worked out to come back home ..Im all IN ...

Morris - LT
T Smith - LG
Kennedy - C -
Wright - RG
Mays - RT

Reserves - Calbert, Carvin, Locklear, Ackporogne , Mays and other frosh !!!

YEA !!!!
Jahmir Johnson, Lampley, Ollie Lane and Kingston Harris in that 2/3rd string group in addition to Calbert, Carvin, Locklear and Akporoghene. If we could get away with redshirting Cooper, Robinson and Spraggins that would be incredible. Cooper needs bulking up, the other need conditioning

Last edited:
Even if he hits the portal and ends up here, he will sit a year. Won't get an exception.
Supposedly he can graduate with some summer classes and be a grad transfer.. Would be tough, but I could see how it could happen between having credits from his time at Catholic, being an EE, and the extra summer classes. No idea if thats real or not and no inside knowledge, just what I've read elsewhere.

Supposedly he can graduate with some summer classes and be a grad transfer.. Would be tough, but I could see how it could happen between having credits from his time at Catholic, being an EE, and the extra summer classes. No idea if thats real or not and no inside knowledge, just what I've read elsewhere.
Here is a college credit assumption for him:

Spring 18. 15
Summer 18. 9
Fall 18 15
Spring 19. 15
Summer 19. 9
Fall 19. 15
Spring 20. 15
Summer 20. 9
HS AP credits 12

Total. 104
Probably needs 120 to graduate.
Could be there if some of the 15s are 18s and the 9s are 12s

He’d have to be a really good student to pull that off but maybe he is.

We can hope

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

Spring 18. 15
Summer 18. 9
Fall 18 15
Spring 19. 15
Summer 19. 9
Fall 19. 15
Spring 20. 15
Summer 20. 9
HS AP credits 12

Total. 104

We can hope
He will not be a graduate transfer and would transfer with a waiver from NCAA for others reasons according to others here on Volnation. IDK myself but the details are in these thread.

Spring 18. 15
Summer 18. 9
Fall 18 15
Spring 19. 15
Summer 19. 9
Fall 19. 15
Spring 20. 15
Summer 20. 9
HS AP credits 12

Total. 104

We can hope
Looking at that made my head hurt....

This. The box is crowded. HB should open the run a bit.

And I'm not sure I buy the run blocking hate. They moved the pile far more often this year than before. The Bama game being a fine example of that. Previous OLs wouldn't have done that.
I am not "hating" on the run blocking...but it was inconsistent as hell. We need to get to the place when 3rd or 4th and 1 or 2 is an almost automatic first down.

Anybody that says they were optimistic whenever we were in those situations, especially against really good defenses, this season is a liar or a dummy.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Keep hearing this stated emphatically about Wright. Who’s your source since it sure hell damn ain’t Friend? 😏
I read it on a message board 😁

Don’t even remember who, but had to be one of the posters with a tangential relationship with the staff/program.

You not buying that move? I could def see it.

Jahmir Johnson, Lampley, Ollie Lane and Kingston Harris in that 2/3rd string group in addition to Calbert, Carvin, Locklear and Akporoghene. If we could get away with redshirting Cooper, Robinson and Spraggins that would be incredible. Cooper needs bulking up, the other need conditioning
Don’t know for sure that we retain Johnson and Lane, but if we do Harris most likely rejoins the DL fold.

I read it on a message board 😁

Don’t even remember who, but had to be one of the posters with a tangential relationship with the staff/program.

You not buying that move? I could def see it.
Just making sure it wasn’t legit. It’s so VN to complain incessantly about landing OT’s and then want a highly rated one moved to OG.

VN Store

Back