Real possibility Trey Smith returns

That would be excellent news for our Vol team but not so good for Trey. I would suspect that means his pro grade wasn't what was predicted due to their medical concerns.
During a broadcast this year the announcers were saying scouts wanted to see him be healthy for a year and that his draft stock could be low because of his health.

I think we would have one of the top lines in the SEC and possible country if he does.

Kennedy, Trey, Morris, Wright anchoring it.
e4cbc6661f3cb32e73cd51f0c31fe776.jpg

Dude has all information available to make a decision. I believe he makes the best decision based on what he thinks is best for him. I'll be happy for him whatever it is and happy for us if he stays.

Exactly where my head is as well.

After 3 years on the gridiron on The Hill, I wonder if we'll have the usual contingent of VN posters during this off season predicting Trey will never play another down of football because their second cousin twice removed had blood clots and they know all about them and their doctor said Trey will never play again.

If he comes back he runs through the T 4 years y'all, get over it.

I still think that the Owners, GM's and HC's in the NFL will want to see another year of him playing AND practicing daily before they risk several Million $$$ on him.

Not being able to practice and get better in the NFL really IS a bigger deal than in college.

Whatever happens I wish him all the best!

VFL...GBO!!!

I'm biased, but I truly believe he is the BEST and nastiest OL in the country... I just don't see him returning, even if he might have a lower draft grade, just for the simple fact that his issues might arise again and he might miss out on an opportunity to get paid.

Exactly where my head is as well.

After 3 years on the gridiron on The Hill, I wonder if we'll have the usual contingent of VN posters during this off season predicting Trey will never play another down of football because their second cousin twice removed had blood clots and they know all about them and their doctor said Trey will never play again.

If he comes back he runs through the T 4 years y'all, get over it.

I haven't seen any of all that since way before season. Maybe you should get over it too?

I think if he returns and proves that he has figured out a way to work around his condition he will be a top 5-10 draft pick. As it currently sits he probably goes in 2nd or 3rd round, which is still incredible given what he’s gone through.

I’d say the only reason he returns is if the NFL scouts want to see if the blood clots return.

If he's a top 5 OL talent but won't get drafted until late because of the health condition he's leaving a lot of money on the table by leaving early. If conditions flair up again he might not ever make a NFL paycheck. Tough decision and can't fault him for whatever he chooses.

Reactions: preacherwebb
I would suspect that means his pro grade wasn't what was predicted due to their medical concerns.

He can't really practice regularly. I said this a month ago, that this one fact will severely impact his marketability. I hate it for him, but will be happy to have him back.

Reactions: 77' Vol

VN Store

Back