serious question

It would be the same. Harper hasn't shown me a THING. I said from day 1 it was a bad hire. WHY wouldn't UT pay for a proven coach when we have one of the PREMIER programs in the HISTORY of bball???? You think UK, UNC, Duke will be hiring no-names when the time comes???? Only UT!

Well they did beat Notre Dame in South Bend, so...
Notre Dame is down this year but it is a win and going in the right direction. I'm not expecting alot this year except competition and don't quit. We need to really be hitting the recruits up though.

What would the team's record be if Holly was still the coach? Better? Worse? The same?

Wow, is this thread still breathing?
I too have my timetable of progress...but my timetable is not Coach K's

The team fights to the end, has less lapses of stagnation,,defends better,,,is among tops in the nations in rebounding...They just aren't doing it fast enough!
I get that.

Darth, I am a coach and one who holds Coach K up to much higher standards than most.
Nothing has changed.
She is still my pick as the correct hire!
Period!

In spite of this thread

So far, Kelly has shown very little improvement in the team.....if any!
I really thought she was more of an in-your-face type of coach (not that it translates to more wins) but I'm kinda disappointed that it seems like Holly ball to me with a little more attention to detail and slightly better defense.

I really thought she was more of an in-your-face type of coach (not that it translates to more wins) but I'm kinda disappointed that it seems like Holly ball to me with a little more attention to detail and slightly better defense.

She's 42,
wait until she hits 43, 44,,,,,59

Right now she is still a doe-eyed young woman
Give her a year or so,..
..She'll get "that stare"

I'm saying they have one loss to Stanford. Not because Holly would be better but because of Depth. Mimi would still be here and Westbrook as well as Horston was coming here. So due to schedule. Now I was for letting Holly go for future because I believed she was never going to get us back to Elite Level. It will be a few years before I can see if Kelli can take us there.

Reactions: Nute Gunray
It would be the same. Harper hasn't shown me a THING. I said from day 1 it was a bad hire. WHY wouldn't UT pay for a proven coach when we have one of the PREMIER programs in the HISTORY of bball???? You think UK, UNC, Duke will be hiring no-names when the time comes???? Only UT!

I don't think Courtney Banghart was exactly a household name.

If you're talking about men's programs, we're talking major brands here compared to wcbb. If you don't believe that, compare the top women's coaches salaries to men's coaches. And those schools wouldn't have given seven years to let their programs slide the way UT has done.

Understand the point, but UT was never going to shell out the big bucks (at least, not enough to persuade any of the handful of top coaches to leave the programs they have built/are building to attempt a rebuild here. You might have gotten Wes Moore as an interim, but he was never going to be a long term solution given his age. The others are happy where they are and with the salaries they're getting.

Why come in here if it bores you or your not interested in the discussion? Don’t understand why people do that.

Because it's more fun to be a d*** than simply ignore the this "boring" thread (that he's already made three posts and counting), not to mention the delusional belief that if he's puckers up to Kellie's backside enough she will give him a job any day now....

Reactions: volman128
Why come in here if it bores you or your not interested in the discussion? Don’t understand why people do that.

I check in on every thread that has to do with the lady vols
some more than others, but all of them nonetheless

Pardon my Yawning

i do wonder how a holly led team would have played the stanford game..i cant imagine it being a worse outcome.

I'm saying they have one loss to Stanford. Not because Holly would be better but because of Depth. Mimi would still be here and Westbrook as well as Horston was coming here. So due to schedule. Now I was for letting Holly go for future because I believed she was never going to get us back to Elite Level. It will be a few years before I can see if Kelli can take us there.

Westbrook would absolutely not be here if Holly was still here.

Westbrook would absolutely not be here if Holly was still here.
My reply to is ; Why is she not here, since Holly is gone? No tickee(Holly), no laundry(Westbrook). Have tickee(Holly), have laundry(Westbrook). Same for Collins.

I'm still a big fan of coach Kellie Harper, I've seen a lot of improvement in this team from game to game. Wen the SEC tournament she will shine. The players are close to learning her system. Two of our main players Jordan Horston, and Tamari Key are freshman and playing like it, hot one game and not the next. The lost of Zaay Green really put a kink in Kellie plans. They will win the next 4 games in the SEC, just have to wait about the UCONN game. As always go Lady Vol's.

Wow, is this thread still breathing?
I too have my timetable of progress...but my timetable is not Coach K's

The team fights to the end, has less lapses of stagnation,,defends better,,,is among tops in the nations in rebounding...They just aren't doing it fast enough!
I get that.

Darth, I am a coach and one who holds Coach K up to much higher standards than most.
Nothing has changed.
She is still my pick as the correct hire!
Period!

In spite of this thread
"is among tops in the nations in rebounding."

I'm sorry, but a lot of that is a product of the schedule.

My reply to is ; Why is she not here, since Holly is gone? No tickee(Holly), no laundry(Westbrook). Have tickee(Holly), have laundry(Westbrook). Same for Collins.

Collins was very close with the previous staff. She was getting a fresh start anyway, wanted it closer to home.

Westbrook had a poor relationship with her teammates. She was gone regardless.

Collins was very close with the previous staff. She was getting a fresh start anyway, wanted it closer to home.

Westbrook had a "poor relationship with her teammates" .
So did Cooper. Hayes didn't fit in.
Doesn't the person/organization who recruited them have some responsibility for those players outcomes ?

I saw a report that Westbrook had another knee surgery last week.
So, whether she stayed or not, is now a totally moot issue.

She has had chronic knee problems her entire college career. I hope she is not going down the Sade Wiley-Gatewood injury path.

Last edited:
If Holly was still the coach, the team would have lost every game. All players would have transferred and the University of Tennessee would have caught fire and sunk into a swamp. Also a plague of locust would have descended upon Knoxville and the children of all Lady Vol fans would have been eaten by rampaging trolls.

I am glad this question is finally settled. Let us all be very thankful that Kellie was hired.

You realize the person who recruited them was fired right?
Is that a serious question ?
I'll answer it in any case.
Yes, I do know Holly was fired.
My post was a response to DP12 who seems to hold the HC/organization blameless for 3 top 12 recruits leaving within a 3 year span (and that's not counting DeShields or Collins).
If one player "has a poor relationship with her teammates"
that could be the players fault.
When it happens multiple times within a short time span it raises a red flag that something else is amiss.
Either we recruited numerous highly ranked "bad apples" in a very short period of time, or the atmosphere around the team was such that it allowed problems to continue to the point of those players leaving. Either way, the HC/organization who recruited them bares some responsibility.

Is that a serious question ?
I'll answer it in any case.
Yes, I do know Holly was fired.
My post was a response to DP12 who seems to hold the HC/organization blameless for 3 top 12 recruits leaving within a 3 year span (and that's not counting DeShields or Collins).
If one player "has a poor relationship with her teammates"
that could be the players fault.
When it happens multiple times within a short time span it raises a red flag that something else is amiss.

Deerpark12 was only making it clear that Westbrook was gone no matter who was coaching, Warlick, Harper, or otherwise, and that Collins had her own reasons to move on as well. Deerpark's answers weren't concerned with assigning ultimate "blame" for the player transfer situations -- only explaining the reality of some former Lady Vols players and their respective decisions to leave.

VN Store

Back