'20 DE Quincy Roche (Grad Transfer)

Pass rushing woes? We finished 3rd in the SEC in sacks. More than Alabama and Georgia.
Man, even without the stats just looking at the team it seemed like our guys had QBs on the run most of the year. I don't recall thinking it looked downright terrible most of the season- maybe not great, but never woeful.

Some people just want to be Eeyores.

Man, even without the stats just looking at the team it seemed like our guys had QBs on the run most of the year. I don't recall thinking it looked downright terrible most of the season- maybe not great, but never woeful.

Some people just want to be Eeyores.
Tbh the first half of the season it was bad. At times, really bad. We looked completely helpless vs UF.

Something clicked vs Miss St and we were golden after that.

Woes isn’t the right word, but we didn’t have any sort of pass rush against Florida or Georgia. Has to change next year if we want to win one of our big 4 games.
Defense didn’t gell until Mississippi State. I’d go off more in comparison vs Bama. Still had some lapses, but much better. You get that effort against Florida and their (at least at the time) paltry running game, and scheming creates some pressure and stops.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Woes isn’t the right word, but we didn’t have any sort of pass rush against Florida or Georgia. Has to change next year if we want to win one of our big 4 games.

Had two sacks against UF and almost had a few more. That UF game was pretty much decided due to an awful offensive performance. The defense registered at least 2 sacks in every game but two.

Had two sacks against UF and almost had a few more. That UF game was pretty much decided due to an awful offensive performance. The defense registered at least 2 sacks in every game but two.
Uneven against the run tho...which got much better.

Yeah that's true. I expect having Gooden back with the quality depth we have up front, changes that equation. Excited about the young DT's
Shut down some quality runners WITHOUT him so true. Barring unforeseen contingencies we’re set up to minimize a vital component of opposing offenses for the first time in forever from the start to the end of the season.

We have pass rushing issues rushing 3-4 man. Don’t have the group on edge that can do it. Luckily Pruitt is a blitz master which finds way to get pressure on qb. It would be nice to eventually have guys on each side that can get to QB without blitzing

Shut down some quality runners WITHOUT him so true. Barring unforeseen contingencies we’re set up to minimize a vital component of opposing offenses for the first time in forever from the start to the end of the season.

Yup. I suspect we will start to get more guys like Joseph on the outside. The production from Taylor, Johnson and Bennett was noticeable after year one. I expect the latter two guys to have big years next season.

Reactions: Sleegro
What position would this guy play? OLB or DE?? Would he even be a fit in the UT system? Just wondering.

Last time I checked he followed most of the defensive staff at Tennessee and a few of the staff at FSU, so I’m thinking that’s the battle. He followed Mack Brown, too, so who knows.

VN Store

Back