'20 DE Quincy Roche (Grad Transfer)

If you compare photographs of JJP from last year, early this year, to the Gator Bowl, I will say this.. Physically, he has got his body to a place where he will have an opportunity to compete for playing time next season ... whether he takes advantage of the opportunity is the million dollar question

I would really like to see him step up next year. Even if it’s on special teams or a non starting role. We need to be able to sub backers out so they don’t get worn down. Bituli and toots are monsters for playing the amount of snaps they have.
He was the first one in anytime bituli or ht went out this year. Played in 12 games. Even had 5 tackles against Alabama. I fully expect him to start next to ht next year as a redshirt sophomore.

If you compare photographs of JJP from last year, early this year, to the Gator Bowl, I will say this.. Physically, he has got his body to a place where he will have an opportunity to compete for playing time next season ... whether he takes advantage of the opportunity is the million dollar question

Did he redshirt his FR year? I haven't given up hope. Not everyone can produce in their first two seasons. Sometimes it finally clicks for players later in their career.

Reactions: bignewt and Sleegro
Did he redshirt his FR year? I haven't given up hope. Not everyone can produce in their first two seasons. Sometimes it finally clicks for players later in their career.
Yes he's gonna be a redshirt sophomore next season.

Im not giving up on the dude. I think he’s gonna make his presence felt.

ILB next year, my guess:

Toot Crouch
Banks Eason
JJP French

OLB:
Bennett Roche (if we get him)
Harrison Johnson
Joseph

Reactions: ChiTownVol
This kid would be a huge addition. Would give us another year to recruit that position and not have to rely on all freshmen.

Reactions: KBVol
This kid would be a huge addition. Would give us another year to recruit that position and not have to rely on all freshmen.
Agree. I really like Bennett, Bumphus and Harrison for next year, even Johnson. But adding an older cat that’s been very productive in a college program would be very helpful for our pass rushing woes.

Reactions: KPT_VFL
Banks will be back and may take Bituli spot

Possible but highly doubtful. Crouch is far far and away the leader for that role with Peterson running second. Eason and French will both get looks there as well to see how fast they can contribute.
I know Whitehead really wants to play RB and that is where we are going to start him (and maybe he really shines there and stays) but he may very well end up as a LB candidate as well. I personally think his best position long term is at ILB, but we'll see after he gets a few weeks of practice at RB.
Banks may or may not be back, but if he does come back he will have to work his ass off to get in the rotation because we are now finally building depth and there will be plenty of competition.

Not sure when Saruman dropped that little nugget to you, but I think he's right.
giphy.gif

VN Store

Back