Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to think “and my second favorite team is” people were the worst kinds of sports fans. But I find myself slowly adopting FSU as a team I root for.

That said it’s not because I gaf about Fsu outside of how beneficial a strong FSU is to Tennessee. Plus my clemson hate.
I think LSU is a natural team for us to root for to be successful because they play Florida and Alabama every year.

He is amazing, but he has only been a starting QB for 2 years. Let’s let his career play out before saying he is better than Brady and Manning.
Nobody said that. But if he continues playing like he has his first 2 years, he will be better than them.

He and Lamar 🏃‍♂️🕹 are my 2 favorite current QBs. They are changing the game.
It’s fun for sure. Now they need to adjust to the changes from the DC’s taking notes all seasons. Long term success requires that. Jackson got a taste of that in college after winning the Heisman.

He is amazing, but he has only been a starting QB for 2 years. Let’s let his career play out before saying he is better than Brady and Manning.
I’m not saying he’s a better qb. It was about ability to throw the ball and arm talent. No one is close to him.

Reactions: Sleegro
They missed the playoffs without Brady that year. Also not sure why that one year takes precedence over the other 5 where bill was awful without Brady.

Also If you’re using that reason to crown manning then sounds like you’re with me on the Lebron goat train since the cavs went to sh** twice when he left as well as the heat. Bulls won one less game and swept a playoff series when Jordan bailed on his team.

Welcome aboard friend. The water is fine!!!!

Pats still got 10+ wins that year with Cassel and barely missed the playoffs. Take Brady of majority of the teams he was on during his career, and they’re still in the playoffs 2 out of 3 times. Take Manning off the majority of teams he was on, and you are picking first in the draft the following year.

It’s fun for sure. Now they need to adjust to the changes from the DC’s taking notes all seasons. Long term success requires that. Jackson got a taste of that in college after winning the Heisman.
No doubt they will regress some but they have set a high enough bar to regress and still be elite. Lamar as a passer is very similar to Watson. Same strengths and weaknesses. But better in the pocket where Watson is a better passer breaking the pocket.

Then why does some like you and others give the QBs so much credit? You are just proving my point that crowning a GOAT at QB is impossible.

You’re right, It is impossible Bc it’s all subjective. I just hate when Brady gets watered down Bc people want to give more credit to bellicheck saying it’s his system when his system has proved to be awful broger brady fell in his lap.

So many people talk about the one year cassle missed the playoffs but had a decent year in his absence when it’s really common for bad QBs to have a good year. Josh Fn Freeman had a 3500 25 & 6 year lol.

Pats still got 10+ wins that year with Cassel and barely missed the playoffs. Take Brady of majority of the teams he was on during his career, and they’re still in the playoffs 2 out of 3 times. Take Manning off the majority of teams he was on, and you are picking first in the draft the following year.

Hopefully next year we get to see someone throw to the tune squad that Brady has had the last couple years.

I know we have some nice commits in the 2021 class but who do we think is close to getting that class rolling by jumping in early? Anyone?

You’re right, It is impossible Bc it’s all subjective. I just hate when Brady gets watered down Bc people want to give more credit to bellicheck saying it’s his system when his system has proved to be awful broger brady fell in his lap.

So many people talk about the one year cassle missed the playoffs but had a decent year in his absence when it’s really common for bad QBs to have a good year. Josh Fn Freeman had a 3500 25 & 6 year lol.

What Brady has accomplished cannot be denied and he is definitely an all time great.

Me too. I’m 34, would have loved to see Marino and Montana in their prime.

Marino was unreal. I mean Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers and Mahommes have had some monster statistical seasons. But imo, Marino’s 1984 season ranks as the best.

If Montana and Marino played under today’s rules, it’s no telling what kind of stats and records would be set.

Yep. And I’m not trying to water down anything Brady has down, but there are factors that help to equalize his career and Manning’s career a bit IMO.

I agree.for the record, I think manning is the best for the same reason i think lebron. Doing it at the highest level in multiple situations, teams. Rosters, coaches, cities etc is the trump card imo. That and how the two teams just totally dumped when they left.

Marino was unreal. I mean Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers and Mahommes have had some monster statistical seasons. But imo, Marino’s 1984 season ranks as the best.

If Montana and Marino played under today’s rules, it’s no telling what kind of stats and records would be set.
That is true. The game is definitely more offense friendly today than back then. It seems like every rule change in the last thirty years has been to make it easier on the offenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back