The Cotton Bowl: #17 Memphis (12-1) v #10 Penn St (10-2) (ESPN, 12PM ET)

I know, I know... this ain't the Vols. But I'm curious as to who everyone is pulling for.

Memphis is a home-state team. They have out-performed the Vols lately. Do we pull for them based on the Tennessee connection?

Penn State is a Big Whatever team coached by the former Vandy coach that gave the Vols fits. That's two strikes automatically.

What say ye?

I know, I know... this ain't the Vols. But I'm curious as to who everyone is pulling for.

Memphis is a home-state team. They have out-performed the Vols lately. Do we pull for them based on the Tennessee connection?

Penn State is a Big Whatever team coached by the former Vandy coach that gave the Vols fits. That's two strikes automatically.

What say ye?

I'm a Tennessean so will always pull for a state school to whip a non-state school's arse. Anyone lacking that type of loyalty is a freaking Tory rooting for German mercenary troops.

Reactions: knucklehead_vol
Ugh I’m torn when Penn State plays. On one hand, my husband is an alum and I love him. On the other this is pedophile state university with fans and staff who still refuse to take responsibility.
I think my antipathy for them wins out

Ugh I’m torn when Penn State plays. On one hand, my husband is an alum and I love him. On the other this is pedophile state university with fans and staff who still refuse to take responsibility.
I think my antipathy for them wins out
I hear what you’re saying, but I disliked PSU before all that. Plus add James Franklin to the mix and they are in my top 2 or 3 disliked schools to root against.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Tiggerhj

What say ye?
tigger high will get killed. Midmajor trash. Not to mention look at how embarrassing the crowd is lmao. I know they hate being forced to invite a midmajor team

What say ye?
And also Memphis hasn’t outperformed anyone. They play a weak ass schedule

I hear what you’re saying, but I disliked PSU before all that. Plus add James Franklin to the mix and they are in my top 2 or 3 disliked schools to root against.
Honestly, I wasn’t a huge fan of football until I went to college, the atmosphere really changed my tune. It coincided with the Sandusky scandal happening so I didn’t know Penn State at all before that.
I know some wonderful people from that university now that I live in PA and married an alum, but many still refuse to accept any responsibility or wrong doing at all which ticks me off to no end.

Reactions: MAD
They were always easy to hate. When you add the pedo thing and Franklin's highly punchable face, it's like they want me to despise them.

Reactions: MAD
Memphis D is trash and they play nobody during the season
Exactly just like Boise st shows every years. Midmajors are bragged about as being “great” because of their record when they play 1 major team with a pulse and get slaughtered.

Tulsa and Temple dominated Memphis for gods sake

I'm a Tennessean so will always pull for a state school to whip a non-state school's arse. Anyone lacking that type of loyalty is a freaking Tory rooting for German mercenary troops.
That’s dumb. I’m loyal to OUR school. You cheer for Vandy to win all their games except UT? Any non UT school in Tennessee can kick rocks

VN Store

Back