FYI: I sincerely regret having specifically named just one particular player...

lvocd

... in my previous (apparently controversial) post about players who might benefit from meditation when it comes to shooting.

I am probably woefully too late in posting this in apology to Kasi for making it seem like folks like me are focusing on her performance WAY more than we are, but I also feel like she should know that there are people — even strangers whom she’s never even met — who are pulling for her and her teammates and are genuinely trying to find ways to help them if we can.

The LAST thing I actually wanted to do is make Kasi feel anymore self-conscious or pressured in any way, but suddenly I’m worried that I may have added stress instead of taking away fom it.

Kasi, YOU’VE GOT THIS. Own it.

... in my previous (apparently controversial) post about players who might benefit from meditation when it comes to shooting.

I am probably woefully too late in posting this in apology to Kasi for making it seem like folks like me are focusing on her performance WAY more than we are, but I also feel like she should know that there are people — even strangers whom she’s never even met — who are pulling for her and her teammates and are genuinely trying to find ways to help them if we can.

The LAST thing I actually wanted to do is make Kasi feel anymore self-conscious or pressured in any way, but suddenly I’m worried that I may have added stress instead of taking away fom it.

Kasi, YOU’VE GOT THIS. Own it.

I'm sure you are a better Gravedigger than a sports analyst..exit stage right.

Reactions: 77' Vol
You're a good poster here lvocd
a long history of good posts and good points.

Kasi isn't the only one who's shooting is inconsistent.

Meditation, medication, mediation, mechanics, mental disposition,,,an M word is involved somewhere

A few of them on the floor need to find a shooting rhythm
That's basketball...a game of runs...s game of streaks.

Give me an hour or so and I will post the game thread...Let me look into this Howard U
then we can get onto the next subject...

I guess I fail to actually see what you posted as having any ill effect on her performance...basically, as you said Kasi has to own it... any deficiencies in her game are hers, not yours, but I also think it's cool that you came on here and felt like you needed to apologize, whether you really needed to or not...that's class right there and I know you want the best for the Lady Vols...don't stop posting either...you're doing just fine...and as always...

GO LADY VOLS!

the out of conf schedule really doesnt matter as much as SEC play does. if they win they league, then they get that coveted 1 seed in the ncaa tourny. they still control their own destiny regardless of how bad Stanford beat them

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
You're a good poster here lvocd
a long history of good posts and good points.

Kasi isn't the only one who's shooting is inconsistent.

Meditation, medication, mediation, mechanics, mental disposition,,,an M word is involved somewhere

A few of them on the floor need to find a shooting rhythm
That's basketball...a game of runs...s game of streaks.

Give me an hour or so and I will post the game thread...Let me look into this Howard U
then we can get onto the next subject...
Coach, do you think finding their rhythm would be far easier with effective half court offense, good ball movement and timely passes (not too early nor late) that allowed them to shoot in rhythm. Being able to shoot in rhythm depends to a large degree on teammates?

Reactions: Coach Jumper
I sincerely doubt that any players log in to this site to read critiques from fans.

In this day and age I wouldn’t be shocked. This is just another form of social media. Even if the players themselves don’t come on here I guarantee they have family, family friends or acquaintances who bring things posted here to their attention.

LVOCD is a wonderful poster and I know his/her intentions were not malicious. Even the slightest critique can upset some people though.

I wouldn't venture an opinion about Kasi's shooting and meditation, but I've thought for a while that most of the team might benefit from some help from a sports psychologist or someone that can "get into their heads" regarding their FT shooting. We've got a number of players whose FG and FT percentages are roughly equivalent, near or below the 50% mark. Most of them appear to have reasonably good mechanics...maybe it's time to address their concentration, etc.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I wouldn't venture an opinion about Kasi's shooting and meditation, but I've thought for a while that most of the team might benefit from some help from a sports psychologist or someone that can "get into their heads" regarding their FT shooting. We've got a number of players whose FG and FT percentages are roughly equivalent, near or below the 50% mark. Most of them appear to have reasonably good mechanics...maybe it's time to address their concentration, etc.

Freak posted a replay of Notre Dame. *****2019 Lady Vol Game Replay Videos
At 3:07 pf Q1 Kasi is at the elbow, unguarded receiving a pass...One she gets it she turns and shoots an unguarded jumper...On this jumper she does not "step down" into her reception/pivot. Instead she is standing tall and stays that way on-shot pivot. Standing straight up there is no uncoiling, therefor no lift, therefor no jump...results: A flat shot

Watch her feet, she lands a good 5-6 inches forward of where she left off of her jump...she lands forward and her shot is deep also

Bad mechanics

Reactions: RollerVol
264.jpg

VN Store

Back