Whisky, bourbon or scotch and what's your favorite?

Tried this in an airplane bottle tonight:

Sheep_Dog_Peanut_Butter_Whiskey_grande.png

Smooth, sweet, and a definite peanut butter flavor. It was really good but I wouldn't buy a whole bottle of it.

Liquor store nearby in kind of a shady neighborhood that got Michter’s 20 in. 3 bottles and sold out instantly. $660 per bottle. That’s lunacy. Secondary market is almost $3k. Have to think people are reselling it. Who’s paying $3k for Michters?

Liquor store nearby in kind of a shady neighborhood that got Michter’s 20 in. 3 bottles and sold out instantly. $660 per bottle. That’s lunacy. Secondary market is almost $3k. Have to think people are reselling it. Who’s paying $3k for Michters?

That's obscene. I'm not paying $660 for a bottle of alcohol let alone $3k.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
That's obscene. I'm not paying $660 for a bottle of alcohol let alone $3k.

Absolute highest I go on a regular basis is my annual Thomas H. Handy purchase and it goes from 250-500 depending on where, when, and from whom but it rarely eclipses 100 otherwise.

So visiting relatives in Knoxville (Farragut/Lenoir City area), any good liquor stores around these parts with a good bourbon selection? I see there’s a Total Wine in the Turkey Creek area....

Following this post because I just moved back after 8 years and the liquor stores are pretty bad so far.

Total Wine is nice, the good stuff is allocated so one bottle per person from that shelf. You can also order stuff online and pick it up there.

So visiting relatives in Knoxville (Farragut/Lenoir City area), any good liquor stores around these parts with a good bourbon selection? I see there’s a Total Wine in the Turkey Creek area....

The Knoxville bourbon market is terrible. Way too many flippers and hoarders out there. Total Wine has good prices, but the masses descend within minutes of allocated bottles hitting the shelves. They got an OWA store pick last week, and the whole barrel was gone in an hour and a half.

Dixie Lee and Campbell Station are good stores that will actually put their allocated bottles on the shelf for MSRP.

Although not in Farragut, some other good stores in west Knoxville are: Cedar Bluff, Middlebrook, and Bob's. These all have good store picks.

Reactions: VolNRaleighNC
The Knoxville bourbon market is terrible. Way too many flippers and hoarders out there. Total Wine has good prices, but the masses descend within minutes of allocated bottles hitting the shelves. They got an OWA store pick last week, and the whole barrel was gone in an hour and a half.

Dixie Lee and Campbell Station are good stores that will actually put their allocated bottles on the shelf for MSRP.

Although not in Farragut, some other good stores in west Knoxville are: Cedar Bluff, Middlebrook, and Bob's. These all have good store picks.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back