'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant if he is constantly "lied to", if he is being fed bad information, the information is still bad, despite his good faith in relaying it.

Everything he said WOULD happen did, which is being conveniently ignored btw.
90% was his prediction/confidence. Did he make a post otherwise and maybe I missed it?

I meant if he is constantly "lied to", if he is being fed bad information, the information is still bad, despite his good faith in relaying it.

AV is very well connected and probably receives valuable information that you and I can only dream about. But even if he has been lied to I still appreciate the information he brings.

DWA had more designed plays this year, our QB just missed him on several occasions. There were also some drops along the way too.

Was it the UGA game where he missed him wide open up the seam from the end zone with no one close to him? That was the pass where I stopped believing in Santa, err. JG.

I get the 5-star thing and all but I've kinda always wondered why the huge devotion to the TE? I'm sure some programs rely on the TE to catch, but not many in the SEC. We have a pretty dang good blocking TE in Pope (who also F'd up the year before vs. UGA and fumbled through the endzone). If we can get Pope that wide open, we can get one of the TE's on our roster going pretty good. Maybe Fant picks up the reigns, he looked decent in his few targets this past year.

In conclusion.... why worry?

AV is a positive person and it can get him in trouble on a board that means nothing to his life or success. It is also what has made him and his family successful in business and why he has the ability to walk onto the field or be at a practice and have just about any access he desires to the program. All these people who gripe about him are jealous and hate anyone who has more success than they do and are negative people who love to tear others apart probably not just on this board but in life. What miserable little people they must be.

Oh, and have a Merry Christmas!

That man literally knew when Washington came in for a visit before any of the recruiting sites did and by the time they found out,he had already left and they had to write up a short summary of how he visited 😂 this has been a completely different recruitment.The recruiting mods and paid sites do not know S**t.

Was it the UGA game where he missed him wide open up the seam from the end zone with no one close to him? That was the pass where I stopped believing in Santa, err. JG.

I get the 5-star thing and all but I've kinda always wondered why the huge devotion to the TE? I'm sure some programs rely on the TE to catch, but not many in the SEC. We have a pretty dang good blocking TE in Pope (who also F'd up the year before vs. UGA and fumbled through the endzone). If we can get Pope that wide open, we can get one of the TE's on our roster going pretty good. Maybe Fant picks up the reigns, he looked decent in his few targets this past year.

In conclusion.... why worry?

It was the Florida game and would have been an absolute momentum changer. That's when I had a feeling we were doomed that game lol. Defense forced several turnovers and our QB play did nothing to capitalize on them.

AV obviously has direct access to recruits and has legit info. If he is a bagman like many of us think then there will be times that he is lied to by recruits in order to keep milking the cow.

He has even stated that DW had to play the game in order to benefit as much as possible from all parties involved.

We can only hope that we offered comparable compensation and that he and his family want to be at UT. I do worry that such a high profile bidding war could lead to other staffs being salty if we do land him....then again, it sounds like everyone's hands are dirty.
People should just be happy that we have a poster willing to somewhat enlighten us on what's going on behind the scenes and appreciate the info for what it is....fluid.

Bottom line no matter how many times it gets ignored.
We weren't supposed to have a shot with DW.. AV said we absolutely did, all the way to the the final 2.
We weren't supposed to get a visit. AV not only said we would, but we would get his last visit.
"No way"

Now I'm supposed to believe that was just incredibly lucky and unbelievably specific guesses 🤦‍♂️

Bottom line no matter how many times it gets ignored.
We weren't supposed to have a shot with DW.. AV said we absolutely did, all the way to the the final 2.
We weren't supposed to get a visit. AV not only said we would, but we would get his last visit.
"No way"

Now I'm supposed to believe that was just incredibly lucky and unbelievably specific guesses 🤦‍♂️
It's hilarious that some think so.

Guys I think I have solved the riddle. As we know AV loves riddles. Hear me out:

DW announces 1/2/2020.
Take the year and combine the month and day then subtract that from the year.

2020-12 = 2008.

AV said 90 positive. Leaving 10 negative so subtract 10 from 2008.

2008-10= 1998

We all know what happenned that year. VOL!

Everything he said WOULD happen did, which is being conveniently ignored btw.
90% was his prediction/confidence. Did he make a post otherwise and maybe I missed it?
You kick-started this discussion this time coming in with your preemptive defenses of AV after this utterly predictable (apparent) end to this thread. It's fine though, we have a good class, there will be other recruits (if in fact we have missed on DW) and it'll be back to emoji drops and:

and if he's right you can celebrate and if not, the situation was fluid, things changed, we are just thankful for the information. Lather, rinse, repeat. Ad nauseum.

Reactions: Bearwallow Bandit
Lunch pail class is exactly what you described. My point was that from a national perspective, this class is very blue color with a lack of marquee players and I'm ok with that.

For the most part I agree but Harrison Bailey and Keshawn Lawrence are marquee guys from a talent standpoint.

Also the recruiting services are certainly flawed because some guys don’t go to as many camps so exposure is lower. In the case of Bailey he’s got 5 star written all over him but he hasn’t really been adjusted since his designation as a 4 star.

Reactions: gainesvol82
I never bought the post that Neids was with DW after he had signed and the UGA boards accusing UT of a violation. I dont know if DW signed with Tn,Ga or whoever but I never bought the Neids story that he was with him for days or whatever it was suppose to be. Either way Tn will be fine.

For the most part I agree but Harrison Bailey and Keshawn Lawrence are marquee guys from a talent standpoint.

Also the recruiting services are certainly flawed because some guys don’t go to as many camps so exposure is lower. In the case of Bailey he’s got 5 star written all over him but he hasn’t really been adjusted since his designation as a 4 star.
If someone doesn't think HB and KL are marquee players then they're as flawed as the recruiting services they worship.

You kick-started this discussion this time coming in with your preemptive defenses of AV after this utterly predictable (apparent) end to this thread. It's fine though, we have a good class, there will be other recruits (if in fact we have missed on DW) and it'll be back to emoji drops and:

and if he's right you can celebrate and if not, the situation was fluid, things changed, we are just thankful for the information. Lather, rinse, repeat. Ad nauseum.

So...just gonna ignore the guy from the FF and blame me, huh.
Got a real habit of ignoring inconvenient things, don't ya? 😉

That's ok. Keep working and maybe 1 day you'll reach your dream of tearing someone down.
Someone you "don't care" about if I remember your 100 posts about him, correctly.

Dude just stop. Never once did AV say he was signing with Tn. Your jealousy of AV is showing and its tiresome. Nobody holds a gun to your head and makes you believe AV or anybody else. You sound really pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back