'20 NV TE Darnell Washington (UGA commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why are you here? Just love spreading joy??
What kills me more than anything is a pessimist that tries to put down folks for being optimist, they act like all optimist will be devastated if we don't get him. For 99% of hopefuls that couldn't be further from the truth. Disappointed some sure, but 99% will move on with life. You can be a optimist and still be in reality just like being pessimistic folks can. Let folks be what they want to be, I know good people that are both. But for a pessimist to live daily through this thread and do nothing but put down people is kind of childish, that goes for any optimist that tries to flame someone for no reason at all also. In reality nobody knows where Washington is going but a very few people I would imagine. So let the pessimist be pessimist and let the optimist be optimist. For me I am hopeful he signs with us, he may sign with Georgia. At the end of the day I am happy with the class so far and will be happy no matter how it shakes out, but I will continue to watch and be hopeful until we know. And speaking myself as a optimist the sun will rise the next day either way and I will still be a happy VOL! GBO!!!!!!

Please forgive me, but I’ve been away a few days. Can someone tell me how we are feeling? I know he was at Baileys game the other day, and seen Baileys tweet..

What kills me more than anything is a pessimist that tries to put down folks for being optimist, they act like all optimist will be devastated if we don't get him. For 99% of hopefuls that couldn't be further from the truth. Disappointed some sure, but 99% will move on with life. You can be a optimist and still be in reality just like being pessimistic folks can. Let folks be what they want to be, I know good people that are both. But for a pessimist to live daily through this thread and do nothing but put down people is kind of childish, that goes for any optimist that tries to flame someone for no reason at all also. In reality nobody knows where Washington is going but a very few people I would imagine. So let the pessimist be pessimist and let the optimist be optimist. For me I am hopeful he signs with us, he may sign with Georgia. At the end of the day I am happy with the class so far and will be happy no matter how it shakes out, but I will continue to watch and be hopeful until we know. And speaking myself as a optimist the sun will rise the next day either way and I will still be a happy VOL! GBO!!!!!!
I've read this thread off and on. The guy you're talking about seems to have some sort of personal stake in DW not signing with UT. Maybe so he can rub someone else's nose in being wrong. Maybe something else. Sometimes guys that are "pessimists" do it to protect themselves from disappointment if a guy chooses the other team.

All that said, I haven't seen the guy in question make a positive contribution to the forum much less this thread. I'm not sure why you guys don't deny him what he craves by putting him on ignore.

Either way...

Theres one or two of those in these recruiting threads. Pitiful little leeches sucking the joy out of following this forum.

I realize reading a lot of these posts that some on here view football, recruiting, and life completely different than I do. Sports is entertainment and a break from reality for me. Obviously for some folks it’s their life and their emotions ride on it in an very unhealthy way. I read the tea leaves and if there’s room for hope and optimism, I apply them. If we don’t get them, oh well, it sucks but that was their decision. I don’t feel like I was played, because I don’t feel like they controlled my emotions to begin with.
Right... I just think of them as a maybe. Good news moves the meter toward probably, and bad news moves it toward probably not with degrees with the more news until the papers are signed and it's done. Some seem to want to insist that it is a definite yes or no when sometimes the recruit doesn't even know. The worst ones want to tell others what to think.🙄

Yes. This. Just having fun. On to the next one when we finally know.

Very well said

I've read this thread off and on. The guy you're talking about seems to have some sort of personal stake in DW not signing with UT. Maybe so he can rub someone else's nose in being wrong. Maybe something else. Sometimes guys that are "pessimists" do it to protect themselves from disappointment if a guy chooses the other team.

All that said, I haven't seen the guy in question make a positive contribution to the forum much less this thread. I'm not sure why you guys don't deny him what he craves by putting him on ignore.

Either way...
I wasn't talking about any 1 person, I was just talking in generalities that I see on here when these types of things come up. It doesn't really bother me, I don't read the names of people on here like I used to. I just scan the reading much of the time. My point was some folks seem to be so bothered by some folks optimism, yes I agree some can be over the top with optimism just like pessimism. If I was as pessimistic as some are on here on a daily basis I would find something else to like, but that is me. Just like life there will be good and bad, but if you dwell on the negative and always look for the negative you will usually find the negative. I think pessimist folks just have a harder time dealing with setbacks in general and that is their way of coping with things. On the other hand I think some on the board seem to revel in negativity. Again will just continue to mostly read and post less. I am curious and hopeful we land Washington, knowing fully well he could just as easily be going to Georgia. Either way I think we are going to sign a very good class and end well in Febuary. GBO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back