Rivals has us at 11th ranked class now.. [9th with the late addition]

How to read the SEC recruiting rankings:
#1 AL
#2 LSU
#3 UGA
#4 TA&M, UF, AU, TN in a four-way tie.

to me that's some pretty good company to be in...that's why the SEC is the best, top to bottom of any other conference...ok, I'm a little biased but I still believe it...:D:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE HOOSIERS!

What is happening? We beat some mediocre teams down the stretch. Don't get me wrong I'm glad we won those games. But I don't understand all the chest beating. If we played Florida tomorrow do you really think we would win? What about Georgia? What about Alabama? Being cautiously optimistic is fine but getting arrogant and beating our chests makes us look silly
Nothing wrong with beating your chest if you are a Vol fan with a 6-1 finish and top 10 finish in recruiting. I have serious doubts about you truly being a Vol fan.

I'm sure that if Saban hadn't won 6 NCs, he'd still be hearing about Louisiana-Monroe today. Just to be clear, Alabama was beaten in football by Louisiana Monroe in the Saban era. I will ignore the fact that in the same season, they whipped our asses...in a year that we won the East.

I love reminding folk associated with Alabama about the LA Monroe loss.

Reliving the various faceplants by the Vols over the years...not so much.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
We are 15 on 247
Funny, because yesterday someone said 247 had us at 15 and someone else said Rivals had us at 21 and they are the main one and only one we should pay attention to.

It never fails. I'd bet money if Rivals had us at 17 you would be telling us about Rivals instead of 247. Lol.

Espn has us at 18, so really our 247 composite is being skewed a bit by the worst of all the recruiting services (247 composite is all anyone should really go on in my opinion).

Reactions: 08Vol
This narrative that Tennessee’s class is similar or a tie to the programs above is a joke and you are full of yourself.

Tennessee's class is closer to Kentucky and South Carolina.

Tier 1: Bama, UGA, LSU
Tier 2: UF, Auburn, TA&M
Tier3: UTk, Kentucky, USCe

I'm not certain this class would've been much if any better had we beat GA State and BYU. It would've took that and a win over either Florida or Georgia to actually make a difference. Recruits see past the petty ******** and focus on what a team is the day they sign. At least the one's not already 100% sold. The ones worth a damn.

This narrative that Tennessee’s class is similar or a tie to the programs above is a joke and you are full of yourself.

Drain the swamp, or should I say, cut the hedges?

Reactions: Big Al Orange

So your an expert huh? Sounds like your the one full of yourself. Recruiting rankings are for one thing sell subscriptions. I’m just as most of the Tennessee fans are happy with this class and hopefully we add pieces to it. Go crawl back to your hole until next year.

And your point is? The gap between 3 and 7 isn’t big at all. LSU and Bama got theirs. UGA is usual but coaching changes likely hurt.
sure it would be better to be top 5 in SEC. But y’all acting like we are 7th in SEC with a national 28th ranked class.
My point is we are 61 points away from bama and 15 away from Florida kinda hard to coach up less talent to try and beat a more talented team that constantly out recruits you....

Have you actually looked at our roster? Look at what we have in place, what we just signed, and compare to the last ten year when it comes to pure size. Chris Akporoghene and Jackson Lampley are two large men that were signed last year and red shirted. We have some serious hosses on both sides of the line right now. Always the black cloud behind the silver lining.

No black cloud here...just hoping we reinforce a few of the weaker areas in this OUTSTANDING recruiting class...which was what the original conversation was about. GBO!

I love reminding folk associated with Alabama about the LA Monroe loss.

Reliving the various faceplants by the Vols over the years...not so much.
I’m pretty sure most Alabama fans don’t mind if you bring up La Monroe because their 5 NC’s trumps the loss and makes it irrelevant just like our Georgia State loss is now irrelevant IMO.

Lol, go somewhere else troll...

..and we still have 3 more open slots. That's with 22 committed.

We may very well pull off a top 10 class guys. More importantly, CJP absolutely killed it at filling in the holes in our roster at WR...LB...DB...and RB.

Couple of good 4 star surprises today.

We are on the way BACK TO THE TOP!!!

GO VOLS!!! WGWTFA!!

Edit:
Up to 9th now with Joseph as 23rd!!! Thanks Freak for updating title.
Who do yall think the 3 big fish might be?

Who will be the standout from this class?
This is GREAT 9th in the country; but at that it's still 7th in the SEC

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Wisconsin has had a top 30 class in the last decade...yet they flirt with the CF playoffs almost every year. I realize if they played in the SEC they don't win near as many games....I don't think....but still....they perform WAAAY ahead of their "star" rankings every year. Its the program...the coaching...the whole deal. If we can at least be close in the star rankings...and add superior coaching and a "program"....we should be able to compete with the biggies in the big bad SEC.
cheese.

Reactions: cgrish

VN Store

Back