Don’t freak out.

LivinginthePast

Robert Neyland Won more Nattys than rewarded. Why?
We will be ok. The defense holds. We need better rebounding. Obviously we need some offense. We can improve on it. Who will step up in the future ? Who can we rely on to score ? I was hoping Pons but inconsistency has been there. If we can get a tad bit of offense we will be good. Lately we are struggling but I think we will be okay. Barnes will address. Go basketvols.

A lot of overreaction for our first road game... this team needed some time to find their roles. If we can do that before sec play we’ll be fine.

I don't think it's an overreation at all to be concerned, especially since we just had a terrible offensive home game against Memphis. And Cincy is an average team, who had 2 starters with 4 fouls almost the whole second half. If Turner and Bowden continue to be this bad, we're going to have a very rough season.

Seems like our guys are resisting playing VA ball for a season. it's not pretty,but they did win an NC playing it. D killed us tonite.

We're going to lose some games, it's easy to get emotional about losing but it's going to happen. I think JJJ is stepping up. When he first came in he talked about not wanting to step on the toes of the Seniors, that he didn't want to make it about him. Imo, he wanted to help them out and send them off looking well by assisting them. But I think maybe he's starting to realize he can't just set them up for success, that maybe he has to take some control. Start being more aggressive on the scoring. I dunno, that's just my impression.

Reactions: Vols All Day
It's a transition year, but Bowden and Turner have been disappointing and the team has been frustrating. I think things will improve though.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
The defense didn't hold tonight though. We played bad defense.

It may not be time to freakout, but you should be at least a little concerned. We keep waiting for Turner and Bowden to get out of this funk and they don't.
Turner probably isn't getting out. His injury is what is hampering him. What he needs to get of, is the idea that he can still be as effective shooting the ball. I felt like tonight he at least attempted to rein in the shot attempts, especially the deep ones. He has to adjust to being more of a facilitator, but I'm sure it's tough for him to watch the other 4 guys be so dang passive on the floor. Catch-22 for him, I guess.

Burns, Walker, & Kent all being bust has hurt the depth.

Jalen has been a letdown. This team just needs to play ball together more and figure out things.

VN Store

Back