Rivals has us at 11th ranked class now.. [9th with the late addition]

Not to say an offer from one of those schools is meaningless. It matters more than the opinion of some desk jockey at rivals. But it just goes to shown these things should be taken w a grain of salt
Yeah. That’s what I’m saying, how is Tennessee supposed to pass a team like Bama or Clemson ever in recruiting when Rivals and 247 view commits of those programs as automatically better than Tennessee commits.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Yes we have, I'd rather get our butts kicked by GaS, than the whoooooping we took from GA in Neyland. That one should make all Vols sick, just thinking about it.
Again, nothing can be done to change it. The team just got a lot better with this class. No point in letting it continue to bother oneself. I have seen the VOLS lose a lot of games in 40 years of being a fan. If I let them get to like some of the posters on here, I would have a permanent date with a straight jacket.

It’s a screwed up system. I believe last year there was a fake recruit that someone made up and acted like they got a prestigious offer and rivals rated him a three star wo even seeing him. The kid didn’t even exist.
Sounds as if they did a good job in their fraudulent presentation! Just wait until players can receive unlimited money for their likeness- the presentations will be out of this world! There may be a need to change the system to allow for 6 stars-five just won't be enough.

Again, nothing can be done to change it. The team just got a lot better with this class. No point in letting it continue to bother oneself. I have seen the VOLS lose a lot of games in 40 years of being a fan. If I let them get to like some of the posters on here, I would have a permanent date with a straight jacket.
Don't worry about the "straight jacket", enjoy all those great memories of your 40 years as a fan! Every year we have some wins that are worth remembering! But to be honest, we've had some years that we had fewer than others! I remember when T was our QB-all good that year, in fact that is one I hope we see a repeat of some day.

How come their are alot of schools with more than 25 players on their ranking list ? I thought 25 was the max.

Our class isn't a top-five class like Bama, LSU and Georgia had. But look what those teams have accomplished on the field. However, at No. 9, we're right there knocking on the door. There's not much difference between 6 and 9.

Personally, I'm really pleased with this class. I think we met a lot of needs and didn't sign a bunch of guys just to fill up the class. The five guys we added today were great additions. Considering the way we started the season, I think this staff did a phenomenal job holding things together and closing strong.

Go Vols!

This all day long Freak! I am thrilled with the way our class is turning out. We have some quality players at all positions to build upon. If Pruitt keeps learning and developing a lock down defense with current and future players and if Chaney keeps getting offensive players to work with, especially the big boys up front, a future QB and some pretty fast WRs I think things are only going to get better. How many of us even dreamed of a top 10 class after the end of last year & beginning of this year. Pruitt and team have EXCEEDED expectations.

So true there were even posters who "knew" Bailey was not signing with the Vols after the BYU game.
The start of the season sucked. The players knew it. The staff knew it. That's all that really matters. They decided it wasnt gonna finish that way.
Joe fan that's still chapped over Ga St. and went off predicting the rest of the year is irrelevant outside their own world.

Reactions: Behr and vols40
Rivals has us at 9th (tied), but they still have Will Albright as verbal. If they would add him we should be tied with Florida.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
It appears that this is a class that provides some foundational players. Not necessarily flashy but the descriptions and backgrounds of the recruits seem solid. Probably the kind of guys that who for the most part work themselves into playing time as next season progresses instead of being instant show stoppers from day one.

The start of the season sucked. The players knew it. The staff knew it. That's all that really matters. They decided it wasnt gonna finish that way.
Joe fan that's still chapped over Ga St. and went off predicting the rest of the year is irrelevant outside their own world.
I have to admit, for a brief moment, I was Joe fan. VOLS football has had many low points in the last few years. September was a train wreck. Just when you thought (Brady Hoke games) it couldn't get worse, the season started on on the same track it was on.

Fast forward to today. Do we have a recruiting class the caliber of Bama, LSU, Georgia? Not exactly, but I think this staff, if it stays intact, CAN coach this group up into a pretty good team. Rich get richer in this world and there is a threshold you have to get over to really get elite. It took a lot of years for the VOLS to deteriorate, and it'll take time to get it back to what we all want. This class is a stepping stone in that direction. If you were impressed by last years recruits, you should be happy about this bunch. We just might have a whole new flock of To'tot'os that can play with passion and get us back to where we need to be. 1 year from now, let's just see what this staff can recruit. I think you will see some really good results. Just my 2 cents.

VN Store

Back