Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad being from South Carolina always made a point of pronouncing it Byoomont. I don't think the Texans ever understood his reason for doing so.
😂 That's great...I always hated visiting Beaumont/Port Arthur or Corpus Christi...it smelled soooo bad.

Nice. I love a good tequila sipper. People think it's all about slamming shots of tequila to get hammered. But good tequila is like good bourbon. Made to sip neat and enjoyed. Have a buddy here in Austin who makes it. He has a real nice anejo. But I guess soto is more of a mezcal? Like a tequila version of a scotch?
My FIL is into that. He buys like $8/900 bottles of tequila to sit and sip on with a cigar! Effin nuts! I’m like give me a shot a Mezcal and a Marlboro light!!

Yep, I'm a total noob to tequila. I knew people sipped it like whiskey but never really knew what was good. The Don Julio tasted like buttery alcohol.
It's definitely good. I'm no Gucci snob about it by any means. But I love when people appreciate good tequila. I tend to go with anejo but if you find any others let me know. I'm gonna look for a good soto to try.

Discovered this last Friday night. Me and the wifey went out to celebrate her landing a new job, and I knew we would be out for awhile. Normally I would be drinking beer all night , but didn’t want to slip up on my weight loss progress. So I was looking to stretch the drinks out slowly. Asked the bartender to bring me their top shelf tequila on the rocks with a lime and salted rim. Very good the next order I left off the salt and lime and it was good also. My only problem was I forgot to get the brand of bottle lol.
Yeah I was always just slam tequila guy. But I always liked the flavor so I never did salt and lime. Then my buddy brought like 7 bottles from his distillery to taste test which 3 he would put in production. That's where I realized it's better to sip good tequila than slam it. I do it with rocks sometimes but neat is the way to go if yer spending on something nice. Also congrats to yer wife.

Yeah I was always just slam tequila guy. But I always liked the flavor so I never did salt and lime. Then my buddy brought like 7 bottles from his distillery to taste test which 3 he would put in production. That's where I realized it's better to sip good tequila than slam it. I do it with rocks sometimes but neat is the way to go if yer spending on something nice. Also congrats to yer wife.
So what kind of complementary snacks go with sipping tequila? With my bourbons, I like bacon, a good dark chocolate, or Reese’s pieces. (I know, not on @nicksjuzunk diet regiment) but we all have our vices!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back