Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll go with JJ’s catch against SC when he got trucked in the back of the end zone. Heck of a throw/grab.

Another good one. Palmer also had quite a few catches worthy...I should cut together a "year in review" highlight video. I think I can get most full games off YT (the Vanderbilt game being the difficult one, anyone got it?)

Favorite flavor of ice cream?

You people really understand me. Tea is my sustenance, and ice cream is my kryptonite.

I made a peach cobbler ice cream last year that might have been the best I've ever had. Commercially, I'll go with just about anything with peanut butter or anything with coffee. Still, I don't know that I've met an ice cream I didn't like.

Reactions: ionaVOL and CAVPUT
I’m impressed by your constant condescension. You made this something about nothing. I said I liked seeing updates in this thread when I perceived that Slicky was pushing the updates elsewhere. That’s all.

Actually, you said they should be posted here and gave you not reading player's threads as the reason.

If that somehow means I'm the one placing superiority of myself (condescending) on the subject, well, I'll accept blame.

Already happening
Looks that way, but we’ll see. His defense is always going to be elite. Had a bad year offensively but it wouldn’t be the first time it takes more than a year to get a new offensive system in place.

Coley might just be bad. The evidence suggests he probably is. But Georgia still won 11 games on the back of their defense.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Looks that way, but we’ll see. His defense is always going to be elite. Had a bad year offensively but it wouldn’t be the first time it takes more than a year to get a new offensive system in place.

Coley might just be bad. The evidence suggests he probably is. But Georgia still won 11 games on the back of their defense.
Their defense will always be elite as long as they’re recruiting like they have. But that will start to fall off some as the shine wears off of Kirby dumb and as Fl and TN continue to improve.

I blame competition more than I credit Ga. Their best win, Fl, still fell under "should have". And then, SC.
Maybe not Clemson level difference but what did their wins really amount to, other than talent discrepancy.

I blame competition more than I credit Ga. Their best win, Fl, still fell under "should have". And then, SC.
Maybe not Clemson level difference but what did their wins really amount to, other than talent discrepancy.
This. He wins on talent, not coaching accumen. His coaching costed him the SC game. When FL and TN catch up in talent, or even get close, ga going to fall back to third in the east.

Actually, you said they should be posted here and gave you not reading player's threads as the reason.

If that somehow means I'm the one placing superiority of myself (condescending) on the subject, well, I'll accept blame.

This all stems from one post that was inferred to mean updates should be just in the player threads. The wording makes it sound exclusive.

Can you just post these in the player threads?

I disagreed with that because a lot of the best updates get dropped in this thread as well which is why I don’t spend much time in the player threads. You twisted this to be about me as if I was making some unique request to want recruiting updates in the recruiting thread where they’ve always been. Later, Slicky clarified he didn’t mean it that way, more or less.

This. He wins on talent, not coaching accumen. His coaching costed him the SC game. When FL and TN catch up in talent, or even get close, ga going to fall back to third in the east.

I think so. Not going to say you can't maintain a long term talent advantage, Bama proved you can.
But Saban put up dominant wins immediately to continue to sell, Kirbs, not so much.
I'm honestly a little surprised he's still getting as much as he is. But, kids🤷‍♂️

I disagreed with that because a lot of the best updates get dropped in this thread as well which is why I don’t spend much time in the player threads. You twisted this to be about me as if I was making some unique request to want recruiting updates in the recruiting thread where they’ve always been. Later, Slicky clarified he didn’t mean it that way, more or less.
How would you know if the BEST updates get dropped here or in the player threads since you don't open the player threads? The clarification should have been enough for you not to have even needed to get to this point..

Favorite plays...there's actually quite a few.

Byrd TD to ice the Miss State game
Jordan block against UK to give JG a first down on a 3rd down run
Gray's 2 long runs against Vanderbilt
JJ's TD catch against Missouri
Maurer deep pass to Calloway against Georgia
JT deep pass to Calloway against USC
Henry T tackled on the 3rd & 3 against Missouri for -2 yards on Bryant to force the punt to end the game
Warrior's INT of Tua against Bama
The 4th down stop against Kentucky
Jordan’s run v Bama with the downfield scrum.

I think so. Not going to say you can't maintain a long term talent advantage, Bama proved you can.
But Saban put up dominant wins immediately to continue to sell, Kirbs, not so much.
I'm honestly a little surprised he's still getting as much as he is. But, kids🤷‍♂️
those lights tho......................

No, the forum should remain the same. This thread has always allowed links and updates about recruiting. So, as of yesterday, they are no longer allowed in the recruiting thread? That’s rich.
No son, it didn't end yesterday. Don't let these peons make you think otherwise. It ended as of post #72,332.

will be unpopular, but this was the cheif complaint about fulmer, did the least, with the most........similiar things being said, likely also true, about kirby....same was said about Richt....the difference, fulmer got that ring ultimately, which is what sets him above them....but ultimately, is what did him in, 10 years later..........lol.

spurrier, meyer, Saban have done it all (talent acquisition, coaching, big game performances) the best.....

Henry’s 3rd down and goal stop against Ky. Grown man tackle.

We seriously may have won 2 or more games this season in February when we signed him

Another huge play that gets lost between key plays is UT's first play after that goalline stand. UT had it 1st and 10 at their own 1 and Jordan ran behind the left side of the OL for 5 yds out to the 6 yd line, which was huge. UT gained 1 yd on 2nd down, bringing up 3rd and 4 from the 7 yd line, and as we know, on 3rd down JG did the looping bootleg to his right for the 1st down.

If UT had only picked up say 1-2 yds on that 1st down play, and then the 1 yd on 2nd down, they would have had a 3rd and 7-8 on about the 3-4 yd line. I can't imagine that Pruitt and Chaney would have risked having JG run that same 3rd down play, which would have had him looping back into the EZ and risking a safety, which would have meant a 17-15 lead and UT having to free kick from the 20 yd line to UK with over 1 minute left. More than likely in that scenario we would have seen a safe dive into the middle and punting.

So getting out beyond the 5 yd line on 1st down allowed them the comfort of taking more of a risk on 3rd down and securing the win right there without the defense having to come back out on the field.

He's going to lose to Baylor in January I believe. Doesn't have the offense to keep up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back