Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an open forum for recruiting and football talk. I post something about recruiting and I get chastised for it. While its okay for others to go on for days about their personal wisdom tooth experiance. It obviously triggered me that someone would call me out.

I’d rather it be posted like you did in this thread. I don’t read the player threads very much and there’s already an off topic recruiting thread anyway. Updates and articles should be posted here.

I’d rather it be posted like you did in this thread. I don’t read the player threads very much and there’s already an off topic recruiting thread anyway. Updates and articles should be posted here.

*You* don't read the player threads, so the forum "should" change to accommodate.
Well, that's..something.

Y’all have me jonesing for some good tea now.

I’m ignorant. The stuff at the grocery store... is that a waste? Are there craft tea stores? Do you have a dealer you meet behind Bojangles lol? When you say “Indian tea” is that a type of leaf or actually sourced from India?

Feed me knowledge.

If you're serious about "getting into it," try uptontea.com. They have buyers that purchase from tea auctions (and other sources). Many of these are single estate teas much like a particular wine might be produced from a certain winery. The same estate will have a variance in their teas every year, again, much like a winery. They deal in loose leaf. You can either buy bags to steep them or get a steeping basket of some sort.

Anyway, you can buy sample sizes from them for a few dollars each. It's more expensive per cup, but it allows you to try a wide variety of teas for not too much money, and if you don't like a particular one, you aren't stuck with half a kilogram of tea you don't like.

Amazon has a pretty good selection as well, but you're looking at larger quantities of each tea. If you know you like a certain tea--especially a certain brand--Amazon can be quite a bit cheaper per cup.

The bagged tea at the grocery store is fine. It's often convenient, and it's certainly a better selection than it used to be. I prefer loose. It tends to have a much more complex flavor profile.

Lane,

It’s off season. Every off season runs this cycle.

1. Off topic
2. Complaints about off topic though there is no relevant on topic subject
3. Something football relevant happens
4. Football discussion happens.
5. Repeat

There are always off topic discussions that are maddening and disinteresting but unless an alternative discussion is initiated, it’s just the cycle

I'll see if I can find the post I was referencing. Maybe I imagined it. It was in the "Another player decommiting" thread. Must have still been asleep at 6 this morning lol.

There are tea growing regions in India (and China) (to name the two most famous producers) (but all over Asia and also in Kenya) just like there are wine regions in France. Darjeeling and Assam are deservedly the most famous in India. The regular tea in bags is the small dustings of leaves. You can also get loose leaf tea in bags. The loose leaf is much more flavorful. There are two major tea seasons: spring and summer (called first flush and second flush, respectively). There are also autumn and a few winter teas. The same bushes from the same estate will produce different teas based on time of year. The teas from different estates have different characteristics. There are four major types of tea: white, green, black (my favorite), and oolong. China also makes a puerh (fermented and aged) tea. Japan is famous for a ground green tea called Matcha.
There are high-fired teas that are smokey. Then there are herbal "teas" (also called tisane) made from all sorts of herbs but not tea (so they are non caffeine). There are blended teas (mixed from various estates) and flavored teas, where different herbs, flowers, or spices are added to the tea leaves, the most popular being earl gray (bergamot, a citrus plant) and masala chai (any number of Indian spices: cinnamon, cardamon, ginger, etc.). I buy tea straight from India. I stumbled into that a while back, starting with bagged tea, trading up, reading up, and discovering that my favorite supermarket tea, Irish breakfast, used predominately leafs from Assam, India. So I just started getting it from there (actually from a distributor in Darjeeling). They had a plain little website, which has been redone a couple of times and now is fairly posh looking. But cities will usually have tea shops or coffee shops with a decent collection of teas. There are all sorts of blenders who mix and label their own brands. (The one SmokeyTom posted looks good.) I don't really know anything about the Chinese teas except that Yunnan is the nearest relative to the Assam from India that is my favorite. It's just like any food thing of the sort, beers or wines or whiskeys, cheeses, etc., there are all sorts of variety and qualities and it's fun to play with. I bet Nick has the skinny on places to order in Asia. But I would start with good, easy American and English brands and blends to learn your way around first.

It's like we're best friends, and you don't even know it yet.

Reactions: Pane di mais
For those who were there, was Shrout's bomb to Callaway vs South Carolina as absurdly loud as it sounded on TV?

It sounds like every single person in the stadium screams at the top of their lungs when he catches that ball.

Yes. Yes it was. It was awesome. I’ve seen 6 games in Neyland and that game in general, was the loudest by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back