Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Lord, people, let's not do this.

Let's talk some football or recruiting or something.

Here's a topic: Favorite play from this season?

2 of my favorite moments wre -

Tim Jordan obliterating the UK CB on 3rd and long, allowing JG to pick up the 1st down and keep the drive alive on UT's go-ahead TD. And then Jordan flexed over the CB.

My other favorite moment was on a SCe 4th and 1 play around midfield with the score UT 31, SCe 21. Hilinski hands off to the RB while the SCe H-back, who is lined up behind the LT, pulls to the right to block Henry T, but Darrell Taylor meets the H-back and plants him on his arse, allowing Henry T. to take out the RB for no gain and give the ball back to UT.

2 unsung moments that allowed others to make huge plays.

Cheap ones which I couldn’t recall... Twinings was one of them. I got this as a last ditch effort from TJ Maxx which can have some gems and it’s been nice when brewed strong.

View attachment 244964

I'm always a little wary about buying discount store tea. Not the brand, the age. Still, if it works out, why not?

What I've tried from Taylor's of Harrogate has been pretty solid. Haven't tried their Darjeeling. Darjeelings are tough. The blends are OK, but the really good ones are the single estates, and they get super pricey because they're sold at auction. Best tea, highest price.

Still, probably the best tea I've ever had was an Arya Estate first flush Darjeeling. Fruity, creamy, super-full mouth feel, but it still had that muscatel undertone. Nowadays for something from Aya, it's like $40 for 50 grams. Might as well be looking for a different kind of leaf out of Colorado for that price.

For those who were there, was Shrout's bomb to Callaway vs South Carolina as absurdly loud as it sounded on TV?

It sounds like every single person in the stadium screams at the top of their lungs when he catches that ball.

I was there. I will say it was very loud. I wasn't going to games in the glory days of the late 90's so I can't use that as a comparison. I would say it was as loud or louder than the 2015 UGA game.

2 of my favorite moments wre -

Tim Jordan obliterating the UK CB on 3rd and long, allowing JG to pick up the 1st down and keep the drive alive on UT's go-ahead TD. And then Jordan flexed over the CB.

My other favorite moment was on a SCe 4th and 1 play around midfield with the score UT 31, SCe 21. Hilinski hands off to the RB while the SCe H-back, who is lined up behind the LT, pulls to the right to block Henry T, but Darrell Taylor meets the H-back and plants him on his arse, allowing Henry T. to take out the RB for no gain and give the ball back to UT.

2 unsung moments that allowed others to make huge plays.
Tyler Byrd td against MSU was another good one

Moose tracks >>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything else
giphy.gif

I will be the first to admit, after the GA State and BYU game I really thought the Pruitt era was very close to being over before it really ever started.

Today, with no 'Orange Glasses" on, it's very clear the direction Coach Pruitt with the support of Fulmer has Tennessee heading.

Yes, it will be a few more years IMO before we are "elite" but gone are the days of worrying if we are going to be bowl eligible and hoping to win football games. I'm confident the worst era of Tennessee Football in my lifetime is behind us and we have some really fun times ahead.

Go Vols!

For those who were there, was Shrout's bomb to Callaway vs South Carolina as absurdly loud as it sounded on TV?

It sounds like every single person in the stadium screams at the top of their lungs when he catches that ball.

It was definitely the loudest game this season. The combination of the refs screwing everything up and the tight game had everyone wound up. Great crowd.

Last edited:
I will be the first to admit, after the GA State and BYU game I really thought the Pruitt era was very close to being over before it really ever started.

Today, with no 'Orange Glasses" on, it's very clear the direction Coach Pruitt with the support of Fulmer has Tennessee heading.

Yes, it will be a few more years IMO before we are "elite" but gone are the days of worrying if we are going to be bowl eligible and hoping to win football games. I'm confident the worst era of Tennessee Football in my lifetime is behind us and we have some really fun times ahead.

Go Vols!
The road was bumpy, but the rise will be well worth it.

Go Vols!
agree. i think the thing that will have to be guarded against is the over estimation of being "back"....in terms of competing at a championship level. i think we're a year or two away as well, but a splash cycle next year could help expedite that.

or a couple upsets next season....long story short, we're getting better, direction is positive. and i think, like you, the hand wringing about getting 6 wins should probably be behind us.

just don't want to see the expecations for a single season, especially next season, get put in to overdrive....let the hype happen organically....it doesn't need to be manufactured anymore. we will have opportunities next season to see where we're at, nationally.....

*You* don't read the player threads, so the forum "should" change to accommodate.
Well, that's..something.

No, the forum should remain the same. This thread has always allowed links and updates about recruiting. So, as of yesterday, they are no longer allowed in the recruiting thread? That’s rich.

yeah, the defense against UK was special. so many short yardage situations in that game.....not to mention the game deciding stand.

that's a good one.....
We all have the team we dislike the most..........UF is and always will be #1 for me, but UK is 2nd!

Reactions: Pane di mais
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back