Game Thread: #23/24 TENNESSEE VS. COLORADO STATE

Taking the opportunity to have her run the point in a live game, no pressure situation. Great experience for late in tough games when we may need her to bring the ball up score.
Yep Butttttttttttt while under the basket rebounding so easy to step on a foot or twist a knee. She is the one player we cannot afford to have an injury!!!

Reactions: krichunaka and PG1
Looking up the Rams schedule their worst loss so far was a 10 point loss to San Diego State. Even though UT won by 38, this game felt like playing on par with Carson Newman. The Lady have another full week to prepare for #1 Stanford. GLV!

Scenario:
The game is tied. There are only 0.3 tenths of a second left in the game and the opposing coach just went ballistic and was charged with a technical, which will send the player of Kellie’s choice to the line to shoot for the win.

Cool-as-a-cucumber EMILY SAUNDERS to the line, baby!!!!!! :cool:

Did anyone else get as fired up as I did to see Saunders sink those beautifully-shot free throws? It kinda made my night. :D

Scenario:
The game is tied. There are only 0.3 tenths of a second left in the game and the opposing coach just went ballistic and was charged with a technical, which will send the player of Kellie’s choice to the line to shoot for the win.

Cool-as-a-cucumber EMILY SAUNDERS to the line, baby!!!!!! :cool:

Did anyone else get as fired up as I did to see Saunders sink those beautifully-shot free throws? It kinda made my night. :D

And you'd likely go to OT. Saunders is 3-7 from the FT line for the season. Davis and Jazz are the only two players with >2 FT attempts who are shooting over 70%. No one is at 80%.

Reactions: mcannon1
Colorado has 7 turnovers without a “true” point guard. We are not efficient enough to overcome 17 - 18 turnovers. just value the ball. This game would have been very ugly if Colorado had shoot 40%

Horston is not who I though she was going to be so far this year!
Double double along with 7 assists and 4 turnovers. Don’t understand what your expectations are. Looks like the really good freshman she is. Periods of great play interspersed with droughts and errors. She will be an All American at TN.

I really like the way Saunders plays. She never brings the ball down when she gets it. She positions herself to receive the ball as well as any post we have. She fights for position and buries her defender under the bucket so she has a quick turn around to lay it in and as an opposing player you better bring it hard or she will smack it back in your face. I would like to see her get more time myself.

Lots of turnovers against the slowest team possibly in the NCAA seriously they were pitiful yet somehow we managed to throw it right into their hands. We could have ran backwards and beat them by 20.

Reactions: RollerVol

VN Store

Back