'20 GA RB Len'Neth Whitehead (UT SIGNEE)

The recruiting downturn is all the above as some have pointed out, but I think the early season collapse hurt us more than many of us are willing to admit. Especially for a coach selling "watch and see us improve" coming off a prior season of complete implosion in the final stretch.

You can only sell that so many times to a recruit before they start to question and their reservations build. The way we were able to close may change the mind of a few but many had already moved on.

The recruiting downturn is all the above as some have pointed out, but I think the early season collapse hurt us more than many of us are willing to admit. Especially for a coach selling "watch and see us improve" coming off a prior season of complete implosion in the final stretch.

You can only sell that so many times to a recruit before they start to question and their reservations build. The way we were able to close may change the mind of a few but many had already moved on.
Yeah..well...we’re going to finish strong!

1575438352850.gif

Reactions: Pane di mais
This!

Kids want to play for winners. These top recruits don't want to play for a 6-6 team when they can play for a team consistently in CFP contention. Our problem is we haven't been consistently good in 15 years. Do the math, these kids are 15-18 years old and all they have to remember is Tennessee being mediocre.

Then why would he be considering UCLA? The Bruins have been pretty mediocre as well for the past 20 years. If the young man is more concerned about acting than football, then so be it, but if you are saying he only wants to play for a CFP contender, then UCLA definitely fits that bill right now even less than UT.

That’s what I don’t get. These programs that are struggling are way ahead of us. There is something wrong with our recruiting right now. It’s weird.

Texas hasn’t struggled like we have. Neither has TAMU. We are still paying for our early season losses.

Really hope we can land him. The last few weeks of his recruitment have been odd to say the least.
i think tisdol is still one of the moving pieces here. i think we'd still take Kaho and LW. i think?

who knows...feels like boards everywhere are gettting turned upside down.

Reactions: Montrell Hardy

VN Store

Back