Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately when making my tea this morning I grabbed my favorite malty Assam when I intended to grab my lapsang souching which is my clear favorite for winter weather. While the Assam is wonderful I was looking for the strong smokiness of the other tea this morning

giphy.gif

About to lose Malcom Greene to Clemson (their other safety commit)
Pruitt was recently in Louisiana, I wonder if he made a stop to see Burns. Seems odd that a 4 star out of Baton Rouge is decommitting from a CFP team. Even more odd that a 4 star home town recruit would be "processed" if that were the case.

No, he's not kind of right. Debt isn't a math problem, it's a behavior problem. Dave's baby steps are not the most mathematically efficient way to get out of debt. But they are the simplest way to create discipline in the realm of personal finance.

Maybe if we taught financial literacy classes in school instead of some of the useless classes those behaviors wouldn’t be so widespread.

Knowing his history and having known someone who worked for the Ramsey corporation, it’s not as good as people think it is, and I tend to agree with @Devo182

God painted the picture then framed it with the snow. Evokes memories of how I envision Walden Pond to look.

Beautiful my friend. Very lucky. Most folks would walk past that with a fleeting glance.

I recall spending lot's of time outdoors in my youth, coincidentally while reading the Emerson's, Whitman's, & Thoreau's in HS. Ok. Nerd time is over...

Do you stock that pond? If so, do you allow fly rods?
I used to stock it and people would slip in and fish and take them so I quit. It still has a bunch of catfish and some small bass and maybe a few two pounders. I used to have a bunch of slab hybrid bluegill but they got fished out and they don't reproduce. They were a blast on a fly rod. The bass are fun on a fly rod too and I'd be more than happy to let you fish.

No, he's not kind of right. Debt isn't a math problem, it's a behavior problem. Dave's baby steps are not the most mathematically efficient way to get out of debt. But they are the simplest way to create discipline in the realm of personal finance.

Correct. He isn't trying to offer advice on how to "beat the market" to a bunch of people that don't budget their finances, use their credit card like it's not real money and then can't pay all their bills at the end of the month. He is trying to get them to understand simple accounting and how important discipline is to personal finances. I am an economics and finance guy. I have seen his video series and even shown segments to my students. Every day people don't need to try to become market wizards. Market wizards are almost all failures over the long run and those are the smart ones that spent their entire day researching and trying to beat the market. Live on a budget and appropriate a good chunk of money to retirement every month. Put it in a ROTH IRA in simple investments like index funds and bonds. Don't pay large fees and give your money to financial wizards to invest your money. ALL the research shows those wizards make a living off those fees and in 40-50 years when you retire over 90% of the time they have not returned a positive ROI on those fees. So you want to gamble that you will be in the minority that gets lucky?

Unfortunately when making my tea this morning I grabbed my favorite malty Assam when I intended to grab my lapsang souching which is my clear favorite for winter weather. While the Assam is wonderful I was looking for the strong smokiness of the other tea this morning
Sounds like @Big Gucci Sosa and @bignewt talking about their highfalutin, high brow beer.

Am I right in assuming that the dead period for coaches contacting recruits starts Sunday night at midnight?

If this is true, I imagine burner phone sales have been going through the roof.

Maybe if we taught financial literacy classes in school instead of some of the useless classes those behaviors wouldn’t be so widespread.

Knowing his history and having known someone who worked for the Ramsey corporation, it’s not as good as people think it is, and I tend to agree with @Devo182

Agreed on the first part. But that would deal a death blow to the very powerful lending industry. When corrupt/bought politicians dictate what our kids learn, this is what you get.

Yeah its kind of been bothering me thinking about it. Havent been back to the office yet this time, as I'm a bit worried they will say "oh yeah, bronchitis". Which I guess is better than the alternative, but I cant shake this feeling of there may be something worse going on. I did at least have a fever this go around, but all my symptoms fade and go away within a week, but the cough and the (sorry for grotesque image) clear mucus stays for weeks....

Bama sucks. Go Vols!
My wife had similar problem along with fatigue, took 2 trips to doctor to find out she had Mono.

Agreed on the first part. But that would deal a death blow to the very powerful lending industry. When corrupt/bought politicians dictate what our kids learn, this is what you get.
I choose what I teach in my classroom (not every teacher has that luxury) and I taught personal finance as part of my Economics curriculum because I knew it was the most important thing they could learn. The issue I found was lack of receptiveness at an age when most of my students still have mom and dad paying for everything. Some students that were receptive still thank me years later as adults for teaching them that. Learning that stuff before they become adults will impact their life more than anything else they learn in school.

On sabbatical for a year In The US. We covered this back in June. C’mon Jimmy... I need you to try to keep up!

You mean, it’s not actually snowing in the jungles of Thailand? 😢

You’ve ripped all of the Christmas joy from my heart, you soulless fiend. My whole world is now darkness.

This is an old article but still relevant and a really good read. I think it relates to how Pruitt runs his practices, especially pre-season spring and fall camps, and why we see guys many would've written off, like Garland as one example, be able to step up and contribute. Setting up his camps so everyone gets equal reps and coaching helps to limit some of the bias that can hinder lower rated guys from having the support and opportunity to improve and contribute.
Edit: Well nevermind. No matter what I do it converts the link to Media and won't display it. Best I could do is link a google search of the article.

The Hidden Advantage of Being a High NFL Draft Pick Ryan Riddle - Google Search

Last edited:
I used to stock it and people would slip in and fish and take them so I quit. It still has a bunch of catfish and some small bass and maybe a few two pounders. I used to have a bunch of slab hybrid bluegill but they got fished out and they don't reproduce. They were a blast on a fly rod. The bass are fun on a fly rod too and I'd be more than happy to let you fish.

One of fav things to catch. Smallmouth are fun, but there is none more satisfying to catch than a Largemouth.

Slab bluegill in a clean pond, fileted on grill ftmfw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back