Kentucky message board meltdown

I think Virginia Tech might have something to say about that...In the ACC you would be about on Pitt's level.
SEC teams played ACC teams 8 times during the regular season. The SEC was 5-3 but if you take out 2 Clemson wins, the SEC was 5-1 (the loss being SC losing to UNC at the beginning of the season.) 3 of those 5 wins were against bowl eligible teams, including Kentucky's beatdown of Louisville which is a terrible team, yet managed a winning record in the ACC, coming in 2nd to Clemson in their division. Virginia Tech may in fact beat UK in their bowl game, and Indiana might beat UT, but UK is a better team this year than VTech and UT is a much better team than IU.

They would complain that a team that finished higher in the standings is going to a better bowl.
Kentucky fans just have an irrational hate for all things UT, and I’m not talking about a rivalry type hate, there fans truly wish everyone and everything UT would die. I’m not sure why they are that way. I never used to mind Kentucky, even rooted for them sometimes because I felt sorry for them, but over the years their hate for us has made me dislike them almost as much as Bama.

Reactions: Volatility
Who is mad?

I think its funnier that UT fans are actually bragging about this. Imagine traveling back in time and telling Vol fans in 1999 that in 20 years they will be celebrating beating out Kentucky for the right to play Indiana in a bowl game. Yikes.
Come on now Cat, you know that 90% of the Ky fanbase is straight pissed how the bowl games played out. Doesn’t mean you are, but clearly the majority of Cats fans, especially Matt Jones (that prick), are.

And no, coming off our 6th national title, in the moment, no Tennessee fan would’ve imagined how far our program would fall over the next decade, it was like BASE jumping into the Grand Canyon without a parachute. Yet, here we sit even with all that, still pretty much unable to lose to Kentucky no matter how bad we’ve been and still a better football program at our “bottom”, right as we begin our ascent back up.

Oh yeah, we’re also 4-2 the last 6 games vs Ky basketball.

Voodoo curse man. I dont get it. I'm mid 20s and multiple times we have been the better team or played better, yet simply couldn't get the ball to bounce our way. Its comical how many times we've been on the wrong side of luck against UT. So many close calls.

No doubt, I completely agree. Obviously I want UT to win, but really taking my fandom out of it, there were several games you all out played us, or had the better team and just couldn't get it done. The worst loss from the Cats this year was the UF missed FG. You just can't have that happen in that game. Oh well bowl games coming for both and onto basketball..... where we will have an uphill battle against you guys this year, but I wouldn't look past us with the recent history between the two schools.

Kentucky fans just have an irrational hate for all things UT, and I’m not talking about a rivalry type hate, there fans truly wish everyone and everything UT would die. I’m not sure why they are that way. I never used to mind Kentucky, even rooted for them sometimes because I felt sorry for them, but over the years their hate for us has made me dislike them almost as much as Bama.

Just like Memphis fans.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
Kentucky should be proud to be going to any bowl it is something new for them in the last few years.

Most of their fans seem to understand that it's only fair. We finished with the same overall record, with a better conference record, while also beating them head to head. There was one year (2003, I think?) where we had finished with the same record as Florida and also beaten them head to head but they got the nod to the Outback Bowl and we were stuck in the Peach Bowl. That was unfair. This is just following the appropriate pecking order.

Can't blame them given overbearing arrogance of many UT fans. We should know better due to being treated the same way by Bama and Gator fans.

Living in Lexington, I root for UK as long as they're not playing a Tennessee team whether the Vols, Blue Raiders, Gorvenors, the Tigers or any other in-state team. I did the same with the Wildcats when I lived in Arizona, and the Bears and Bruins in California. Though I didn't hate the Trojans, I never rooted for them. They were as arrogant as Bama & Gator fans. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???? Well, way I figure it, I'm using their state tax built roads, citizen-friendly income tax, seniors friendly residential tax rate, relatively low sales tax rate, and very nice state parks and forests, least I can do is respect that. Not to mention the CHEAP hunting and fishing license for seniors. Worst I ever gotta from a KY native when sporting my O&W was a "Damn it!" then maybe a chat about both teams or a promise of, "We gonna get your boys next year." Nope, not 100% true. There was Cracker Barrel waitress who once ignored my wife and me when we were wearing some Vols gear. After 20 minutes we left unserved. I mentioned this to the manager and to my dismay, I haven't seen that woman there since. I didn't want her fired, just spoken to as to how to conduct herself with customers, plus we being frequent customers at that. Anyway, when you're arrogant, stuff happens and you get a mirror image of what you ARE from the other side.

Reactions: kcvols1
Can't blame them given overbearing arrogance of many UT fans. We should know better due to being treated the same way by Bama and Gator fans.

Living in Lexington, I root for UK as long as they're not playing a Tennessee team whether the Vols, Blue Raiders, Gorvenors, the Tigers or any other in-state team. I did the same with the Wildcats when I lived in Arizona, and the Bears and Bruins in California. Though I didn't hate the Trojans, I never rooted for them. They were as arrogant as Bama & Gator fans. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???? Well, way I figure it, I'm using their state tax built roads, citizen-friendly income tax, seniors friendly residential tax rate, relatively low sales tax rate, and very nice state parks and forests, least I can do is respect that. Not to mention the CHEAP hunting and fishing license for seniors. Worst I ever gotta from a KY native when sporting my O&W was a "Damn it!" then maybe a chat about both teams or a promise of, "We gonna get your boys next year." Nope, not 100% true. There was Cracker Barrel waitress who once ignored my wife and me when we were wearing some Vols gear. After 20 minutes we left unserved. I mentioned this to the manager and to my dismay, I haven't seen that woman there since. I didn't want her fired, just spoken to as to how to conduct herself with customers, plus we being frequent customers at that. Anyway, when you're arrogant, stuff happens and you get a mirror image of what you ARE from the other side.
I’m sure every fan base has there share of arrogant people. Are you saying Tennessee fans are mostly arrogant? That hasn’t really been my experience at all, and I’ve lived in Nashville, Knoxville, savannah ga and now a small town in south ga.... honestly met more crazy cat fans than vol fans when I lived in Knoxville. Anyway I’m sure everyone’s experience is different but I’m mostly referring to their fans over on cats pause. They say some pretty despicable things about us vols overthere. Anyway maybe there are a lot of arrogant vol fans in Kentucky I couldn’t really say as there has never really been any reason for me to want to visit that state. One thing I love about Kentucky fans is when talking basketball tradition is all that matters, but when talking football suddenly tradition means nothing and it’s just about recent results.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Why did Cal cancel the Indiana series and refuse to play at IU?

For whatever reason Cal hates home and away series. He loves the neutral site games...I wish he realized the rivalry is worth more to a lot of fans though. I loved the yearly series with Indiana and North Carolina.

Come on now Cat, you know that 90% of the Ky fanbase is straight pissed how the bowl games played out. Doesn’t mean you are, but clearly the majority of Cats fans, especially Matt Jones (that prick), are.

And no, coming off our 6th national title, in the moment, no Tennessee fan would’ve imagined how far our program would fall over the next decade, it was like BASE jumping into the Grand Canyon without a parachute. Yet, here we sit even with all that, still pretty much unable to lose to Kentucky no matter how bad we’ve been and still a better football program at our “bottom”, right as we begin our ascent back up.

Oh yeah, we’re also 4-2 the last 6 games vs Ky basketball.

Maybe I'm out of touch with the rest of the fan base. It seemed like it was frustration aimed at the fact we were locked in to a bowl then last second got switched. Not a big deal to me.

You and a lot of people get too caught up in the head to head stuff. I do too though. I'm happy to win 10, even if we had to suffer a loss to UT like that. And deep down if we lose to UT in the regular season during basketball...oh well. We still had a good run in the tourney when it really mattered. UT choked it's best chance away at a final four it might ever have. I think they have a good group this year though. Very underrated so far.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Maybe I'm out of touch with the rest of the fan base. It seemed like it was frustration aimed at the fact we were locked in to a bowl then last second got switched. Not a big deal to me.

You and a lot of people get too caught up in the head to head stuff. I do too though. I'm happy to win 10, even if we had to suffer a loss to UT like that. And deep down if we lose to UT in the regular season during basketball...oh well. We still had a good run in the tourney when it really mattered. UT choked it's best chance away at a final four it might ever have. I think they have a good group this year though. Very underrated so far.
Fair enough. You’re one of the better non-Vol fan posters on here.

Reactions: tbh and 82_VOL_83
Please tell me or show me all these UK fans who talk smack to UT fans??? I have lived my entire life in Central KY, and yes many people hate UT, but no one thinks we are a better school or that we will beat UT. Almost everyone accepts the fact we never beat UT or UF.
Over on cat pause their hate for all things UT is disturbing. I’ve never posted there because if I go to a rivals site and talk trash I deserve what I get but I have read that site for years... pretty much everyone on that site I get the feeling would like to throw gasoline on any and everything UT related and light them/it on fire and watch them burn. I’m not sure where this unhealthy hate comes from but it trumps anything I’ve seen on this message board towards any other fanbase.. I mean we all loathe Florida and bama here but it’s mostly just a sports dislike, some of the things I’ve read overthere throughout the years, well let’s just say it goes a lot deeper than sports to them it seems.

Reactions: FLVOL_79

You root for UK? Good lord

No, they don't. It could simply be your charming personality that they like so much.

VN Store

Back